C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 C230K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
2005 C230K

I have an issue and I am looking for advice. I have a 2005 C230K that the timing chain jumped. I started the job of tear down but had to have surgery on my shoulder. (Complete tear of the rotator cuff tendon and several muscles in the bicep) Now it will be months before I can finish the job.
I have everything bagged and tagged as I was going along.I am wondering what the chances are a shop will take the job as-is and finish or maybe a local MB guy on the blog here is willing to finish?? I have a shop that will rebuild the head once removed. Any thoughts? Best option? I am in the greater Orlando area. Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 C230K SS 6MT
Originally Posted by MSC230K
I have an issue and I am looking for advice. I have a 2005 C230K that the timing chain jumped. I started the job of tear down but had to have surgery on my shoulder. (Complete tear of the rotator cuff tendon and several muscles in the bicep) Now it will be months before I can finish the job.
I have everything bagged and tagged as I was going along.I am wondering what the chances are a shop will take the job as-is and finish or maybe a local MB guy on the blog here is willing to finish?? I have a shop that will rebuild the head once removed. Any thoughts? Best option? I am in the greater Orlando area. Thanks in advance for any input!
I'm sorry to hear, man.. I have the same car and I replaced the timing chain and tensioner element last winter so this didn't happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to answer your question. Since the car is out of commission and you're in need of a nearby mechanic to resume the job, I'd recommend calling ALL MB/German Automobile independent mechanics within your area and ask for a quote. I presume since you were going to take this job on yourself, try to find one that will allow you to supply the parts yourself and will charge you the lowest on labor.

With regards to the M271 rebuild, I found this thread to be the most helpful: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ine-apart.html

Couple questions:

1. How many miles were you at before the chain skipped?
2. What brand oil were you using? What was your oil change interval?
3. Was your car making any weird start-up noises? If so, please describe.

Best of luck, man!
Old 10-26-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
Thanks Norsk_Johnson unfortunately, it is/was my daughters daily driver. We had some what at the time did not seem related issues, Surging and on two occasion stalled at traffic lights. But when this happened, she came home from work the night before and then in the morning went to start the car and all it would do is turn over.
I called several shops but they are not real interested. Can blame them and if it were not for my shoulder I could do the job. I am still holding out hope I can get a local mechanic willing to help me out and make some extra cash.