C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C200 W203 2002 rear door and rear courtesy light issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 year 2002 w203
C200 W203 2002 rear door and rear courtesy light issues.

Hello,
My W203 rear right side door does not work window, nor lock. Rear courtesy light does not turn off even after all car is closed and locked. Door switches are good and responding with central lock if any door is opened.
All fuses checked. No alarms adviced on panel.
Please, any help is much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Clarsong
Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C230, 2002 BMW e46 convertible
Was just thinking about this... It sounds like it may have something to do with the door mechanism. Here's why:
- The door locking mechanism is fed power to activate it to lock. If the dash doesn't show an open door, that part may be connected to the receiving part of when the door closes. Therefore, because the contact point or something is pressed when the door is closed, means the dash won't show an open door.
- However, the locking mechanism of the door may be connected to the light. Which could mean, the light is not receiving a signal that the door is closed. So to receive the signal, it has to be an electrical issue, not a mechanical link...just thinking.

Maybe you can take off the door panel, look and see if there are any broken wires leading to the locking mechanism of the door. If there aren't any, open the panel of the opposite side door to compare what wires go where. Then, see if you can unplug the locking mechanism and switch it out with the working rear door. If the part you moved from the other door works, then you know its not a wiring issue, rather it a part issue. Replace the part and see if water seeped in and caused the issue to avoid it from happening again.
I don't know if this will help, hope someone else has other ideas.

Richard.
The following users liked this post:
Clarsong (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 year 2002 w203
Originally Posted by DreamnZ
Was just thinking about this... It sounds like it may have something to do with the door mechanism. Here's why:
- The door locking mechanism is fed power to activate it to lock. If the dash doesn't show an open door, that part may be connected to the receiving part of when the door closes. Therefore, because the contact point or something is pressed when the door is closed, means the dash won't show an open door.
- However, the locking mechanism of the door may be connected to the light. Which could mean, the light is not receiving a signal that the door is closed. So to receive the signal, it has to be an electrical issue, not a mechanical link...just thinking.

Maybe you can take off the door panel, look and see if there are any broken wires leading to the locking mechanism of the door. If there aren't any, open the panel of the opposite side door to compare what wires go where. Then, see if you can unplug the locking mechanism and switch it out with the working rear door. If the part you moved from the other door works, then you know its not a wiring issue, rather it a part issue. Replace the part and see if water seeped in and caused the issue to avoid it from happening again.
I don't know if this will help, hope someone else has other ideas.

Richard.
Dear Richard,
Thank you very much. We will check those.
But, I want to say, that, if I stay inside the car, I lock the car with the R Controller, then I open the rear left door, (which is working good and normally), then both arrows at panel turn on intermitently advising door was opened at lock, probably alarm status, because door was opened by handle not by R Controller. When I repeat all this operation and open the rear right door, happens exactly the same, which shows that rear right door is giving signal when door is opened or closed.
We will check all what you have said.
Thank you so much.
Best regards,
Christian.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C230, 2002 BMW e46 convertible
Originally Posted by Clarsong
Dear Richard,
Thank you very much. We will check those.
But, I want to say, that, if I stay inside the car, I lock the car with the R Controller, then I open the rear left door, (which is working good and normally), then both arrows at panel turn on intermitently advising door was opened at lock, probably alarm status, because door was opened by handle not by R Controller. When I repeat all this operation and open the rear right door, happens exactly the same, which shows that rear right door is giving signal when door is opened or closed.
We will check all what you have said.
Thank you so much.
Best regards,
Christian.
Makes sense right?. It sounds like it has something to do with the locking mechanism. I'm not at my car to look at what turns on the light. But from what I remember, at least on previous cars, there's a button that is pressed in when the door closes. That is the switch that tells the dash that the door is closed. Now, if that closes and the light on the dash showing an open door remains, then It could be something that connects all the items together. That part I haven't figured out yet, sorry.
What happens if you lock the car using the central locking system inside the car? Not using the remote? Oh wait, you wont be able to open the back doors from the inside...nevermind...
Question: Do the rear doors lock using the central locking button from inside the car? (not using the remote). If the rear doors don't lock, that would mean there's no power going from the switch to the door locks.
However, if the rear doors lock using the remote control, then it may not be the locking mechanism because the rear doors lock using the remote. If that's the case, it could be related to the central locking switch.. or it could be the wiring that comes from the central locking switch to the locking mechanism itself. Just throwing out ideas.

Hope you can sort out the issue.