C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

what cc injector in the m271

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c230 kompressor
what cc injector in the m271

The injectors are green top. I need to see what the size are,
Trying to find an upgrade to the green tops,

Right now I have the 340 lph fuel pump. i removed all 3 baffles.
Custom flowmaster exhaust made a hell of a difference.
I have step 5 autolite double plats gapped to .25. EGR Delete
I will be adding a new intercooler 3.5 inch core to increase CFM.
Right now the mass air is pulling 160 gs. I have I think 20 more grams to go to peg out the mass air. Not sure if 180 gs is the ceiling.
I may add a 63 mm pulley but dont think there is enough ceiling with the mass air.

With the cars weak coil packs I need to upgrade the packs with something stronger.

I will be looking ito the GM truck coil packs to see if it will work.

Last edited by benz 45; 12-02-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have way to much time on your hands and before you start putzing around with your injectors----study your cars ECU injector maps and don't waste your time on size.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:30 PM

2003 c230 kompressor
All I ask was

Look man all I ask if someone knows the size of the injector. I see you don't know the size so why reply. Acting like a pric* don't help anyone out.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by benz 45
The injectors are green top. I need to see what the size are,
Trying to find an upgrade to the green tops,

Right now I have the 340 lph fuel pump. i removed all 3 baffles.
Custom flowmaster exhaust made a hell of a difference.
I have step 5 autolite double plats gapped to .25. EGR Delete
I will be adding a new intercooler 3.5 inch core to increase CFM.
Right now the mass air is pulling 160 gs. I have I think 20 more grams to go to peg out the mass air. Not sure if 180 gs is the ceiling.
I may add a 63 mm pulley but dont think there is enough ceiling with the mass air.

With the cars weak coil packs I need to upgrade the packs with something stronger.

I will be looking ito the GM truck coil packs to see if it will work.
What was your max air flow reading before your mods?

What does "step 5 autolite" mean?

What specific mods did you do to the exhaust system?

Where did you read about weak M271 coil packs?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:07 PM

2003 c230 kompressor
Max flow was around

142/145 ish the spark plugs are auto lite the heat range is 6. I dropped 1 step colder plug. The coli packs won't hold redline without misfire. The only way around it is to gap .25. my boost is 11.5 without the baffles in place the engine rips up quick.The muffler cut from the 2nd cat 2.5 the rest I use a HP 2 front series 40 rear.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Coupe
Okay, so you know more than your original post suggested.

Still, imho, you should really read up on all of the M271 info and performance mods and attempts that have been done over the past ~15 years.

A single heat range drop plug is fine.

Removing the baffles likely won't do much bad.
The baffles are there for a reason. I'm not saying that improvements can't be done, or be had. I'm saying that it's important to know why something was done, and what the many ramifications that any mod will have on the engine/system as a whole.
Fwiw, I wonder why people think that MB made a massively pathetic POS engine by saving $2 on the timing chain, and yet spent a lot of engineering time and then additional money on the baffles?

Fwiw, if the exhaust system is stock up to and including the 2nd cat, then any exhaust mods are for sound only.

Fwiw, other than the spark plug, and the undecided baffle removal, *I* am going to say that your mods are likely reducing your max HP. When you fully understand and agree with that statement, then you and I can hash over what mods may or may not make sense. Until then, we'll just massively disagree.

It's your car, your toy, your money, and your learning experience.
Imho, enjoy it!
Everyone has to start somewhere. *Imho*, having someone just give you a "shopping list" to improve your car, isn't learning or improving. Imho, that's boring.
I'm trying to make some helpful suggestions.

My engine mods are also on a very different track than yours.
My engine mods are for my goals and my desires.
Heck, my latest thing is that I'm looking at spending ~$400 for what **I** realistically say will be an ~2-4hp gain. Again, my goals and my desires , not yours, not anyone else's.
My 2005 C230K will be unique in a few ways. It will not be the most powerful C230K. It will not be the best handling C230K. It won't be the best braking C230K.
Like I said, my goals and my desires.

You have you goals and desires. Advice from people is fine.
But, never ever let them tell you what mods you should do!

Last, there's so much bad and incorrect info on the interweb, it's hard for someone without a strong background in cars/engineering/physics/racing/etc to know what is pure BS verses what is real.
I suggest that people get books from Amazon, and start there. Not from the massive BS and misinformation on the interweb.

Happy wrenching!!!

Last edited by RedGray; 12-02-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:22 PM

2003 c230 kompressor
red grey

Mine is a 2003 not worth a lot of money but I do like the look seating position.
You are correct not the best handling very heavy car but I enjoy ******* thru the gears.About the exhaust the 2nd cat is removed that is where I added the hp 2 flow master the 40 series on the back end was to fill in the hole were the suitcase muffler. I look at CFM The exhaust is 2.25 added 2.5 the size flows enough CFM to handle the CFM from the supercharger. The intercooler is only 1.75 thick I cant see it handling the output flow from the suoercharger.
I use torque pro to see the afr and mass air flow. The front o2 is a wideband so i can read it in real time. Before the fuel pump my afr hard on the pedal world not dip below high 13. with the pump it will dip into the high 11 to 12
The baffles are for noice control the hard wine of the supercharger Trust me you can here it when to punch it. If you look at the inside the baffle it look like a muffler with only 1.50 inch tube with holes.
thanks for the reply