C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Help: Hood Stuck can't open

Old 09-26-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Need Help: Hood Stuck can't open

hi,

well i got my grille painted black a couple weeks ago. today i decided to clean the car and i wanted to pop the hood to let it cool down faster, but when i tried to poen the hood, it didn't open like it was jammed or something. the hood-release-latch works, i.e. it ejects the pull-latch attached to the grille, but, when i try to open the hood by pulling and lifting the usual latch, it is jammed and nothing works. i think it has to do with the instillation of the grille and its attachment to the hood-mechanism. any way to work on the hood-mechanism from the outside, or to any other way to open the hood? please help if you know any other way, i can't open my hood at all which is dangerous in case somehting goes wrong. thanks!

i paid for a new grille and had it painted black (total of $250) because one was oringally cracked, so i am scared to lift too hard and break the grille. also, if i bring it to a dealer they can very well say that it is aftermarket painted and that the hood-mechanism was tampered with.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KOMPRESSOR
You may have tried this already but if not here goes: Pull the release and carefully pull up on the hood. It should eject the release handle, then away you go. If the release handle is not mechanically jammed in the grill it is probably clogged with some of the new paint or stuck in the new soft paint.