C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

OEM All Weather mats and cargo tray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
OEM All Weather mats and cargo tray

Being a strong believer in rubber floor mats (using them all year round) and the cargo liner, I bought a set of OEM All Weather mats and the cargo tray sight unseen as I know it will be a perfect fit and WeatherTech do not have their mats and cargo liner for the W204 ready for sale yet.

Dispite the catalog boasting the its deep channels trapping mud, snow and water, I've found the grooves to be more like bald tires and the lip around the mat is barely tall enough to prevent any amount of water from rolling off and under the mat. The quality of rubber is rather disappointing and not thick, nor completely black and not very consistant in its finish. Likewise the cargo tray is made of rather cheap shiney plastic with a unpurposeful and not very attractive diamond plate pattern (this should be reserved for trucks). The plastic is rather thin and doesn't have cut outs to accomodate the trunk net latches.
I am intending on keeping this set in the meantime as I will be heading to the mountains and hitting the slopes often.

If anyone is thinking of getting the rubber mats and cargo liner I highly recommend waiting for the WeatherTech products to come out, they are much nicer in quality and finish and will hold so much more dirt and water than the OEM dealer option, and it costs roughly the same.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM

C350
Thanks for the info. I was just thinking of getting the mats and trunk mat this week (the dealer was out of stock). But I will follow your advice. Any ideas when will the weather tech mats be for sale?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
I had a W203, and the mats were really thick and pretty good, but for some reason typically smaller then the OEM cloth mats? why oh why does MB do this?

my parents just picked up a 08 ML350 with mats, and they are cheap just like the ones described above, they are too small, dont cover all the surfaces remind me of bald tires, and the trunk liner is a cheap shiny plastic, not even a rugged looking piece of rubber.

u'd think if u spent $75K to $80K on a car you could get decent mats to protect ur carpets,

My W204 is ordered, and i wait for a few months for it, hopefully by then there is something better
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 AM

2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Thanks for the heads-up. I was waiting for my MB all-weather mats, but now thinking that I should look at WeatherTech instead.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
anyone buy the weathertech mats yet?
are they a tray that can trap more water then the OEM all-season floor liner.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought the Weather Tech cargo mat. Happy with the choice: nice material (thick, supple, black is black) and very good -- but not perfect -- fit. Here are the two issues I have:

(i) My car has P2, so the back of the rear seats fold. The WT cargo mat has a half-inch lip at that spot, which means that one loses the perfectly flat nature of the extended cargo floor. Of course, without the lip, the mat would not contain spills -- trade offs, trade offs!

(ii) Elsewhere, the mat has a deeper lip. Fine for catching liquids but, in just a couple of spots, the mat does not perfectly hugs the trunk walls as a result. The fault may be MB's, however, in that the mat fits the floor bottom perfectly (AFAICT) and merely has a hard time following as perfectly the felt-covered walls of the boot (which are not really straight).

If your car does not have P2, the decision is a no-brainer -- I strongly recommend the WT mat. If the car has P2, though, you should be aware of trade-off (i) before you decide.

Last edited by ayilar; 09-01-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM

2008 c300
Originally Posted by aowhaus
Being a strong believer in rubber floor mats (using them all year round) and the cargo liner, I bought a set of OEM All Weather mats and the cargo tray sight unseen as I know it will be a perfect fit and WeatherTech do not have their mats and cargo liner for the W204 ready for sale yet.

Dispite the catalog boasting the its deep channels trapping mud, snow and water, I've found the grooves to be more like bald tires and the lip around the mat is barely tall enough to prevent any amount of water from rolling off and under the mat. The quality of rubber is rather disappointing and not thick, nor completely black and not very consistant in its finish. Likewise the cargo tray is made of rather cheap shiney plastic with a unpurposeful and not very attractive diamond plate pattern (this should be reserved for trucks). The plastic is rather thin and doesn't have cut outs to accomodate the trunk net latches.
I am intending on keeping this set in the meantime as I will be heading to the mountains and hitting the slopes often.

If anyone is thinking of getting the rubber mats and cargo liner I highly recommend waiting for the WeatherTech products to come out, they are much nicer in quality and finish and will hold so much more dirt and water than the OEM dealer option, and it costs roughly the same.
I agree about the MB mats. Crap quality frankly, and don't fit properly
Old 09-02-2008, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by aowhaus

i got the all weather mats and LOVE them... they look awesome too, perfect with my black interior...

I did not like thye look of the cargo liner though... very cheap looking... that is why i got the non slip mat instead.... LOVE the non slip mat... looks very clean and fits perfect
Old 09-02-2008, 04:45 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
I was thinking of buying a mat for trunk. Where I can see the pictures to have a basic Idea.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 AM

08-C350 black/black
id also like the non slip mat for the trunk...can someone post pix of the mat please
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by rb23lb
i got the all weather mats and LOVE them... they look awesome too, perfect with my black interior...

I did not like thye look of the cargo liner though... very cheap looking... that is why i got the non slip mat instead.... LOVE the non slip mat... looks very clean and fits perfect
I have the all weather mat also and I think they do the job. One thing that the OEM mats have is the locking capability. I am not sure if the WeatherTech mat have that option. It keeps the mat in place and from shifting around.

I had the W203 all season mat previously in my old car and it was thicker and nicer but it tends to move and shift around.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
The WeatherTech ones are now available.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by PHYBENZ
The WeatherTech ones are now available.
Can somebody post a pic of the Weathertech trunk mat ? The ones I have seen so far look cheap.
The Mrs is complaining my golf stuff is leaving too much dirt .
Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by aprince2die4
id also like the non slip mat for the trunk...can someone post pix of the mat please
the non slip mat works perfect... it has this really grippy texture, and fits PERFECT and looks classy in the back trunk compartment...

I put a fully cooked 16 " x 8 "lasagna platter with just foil covering the top in my trunk on the non slip mat for a 5 mile drive with lots of turns on the way to my mothers house this last weekend...

took turns at normal speed, even hard at some times... the when I got out of the car, the lasagna platter had not slid or moved 1" as far as I could tell...

before i had the mat, It would have slid and probably flipped over and ruined the inside smell and looks of my trunk area...

I first tested with an empty glass platter and whipped around a few corners... after this worked I trusted it with food in it...
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 AM

09 c300 4matic
anyone have the link to the non slip mat?
Old 11-29-2014, 05:27 AM

C63 W204 AMG 2009
C63 OEM parts and More

Hi Guy's,

Can you please help with links to online stores? I'm looking for parts in general, mechanical and interior parts.

I'm after oem new parts and eBay has some but used..
Cargo mat -
GEAR SHIFTER (i only need the frame but couldn't find one).

In General i saw a topic that talks about a funny smell in MB cars, i have a 2009 that was hardly used but it smells like an old car. Besides throwing away the floor mats, and order new ones, is there anything i can do?

Thanks
Guy
Attached Thumbnails OEM All Weather mats and cargo tray-mb-frame.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 08:51 PM

CL550 & CL55 AMG
Carpet floor mats

MB mats like cheap cardboard

Where is the best source for quality carpet floor mats

Thanks eh!

BenzBias