C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Does w204 US model have these features?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Arrow Does w204 US model have these features?

I was reading an article about w204 test driving event held by MB China in China back in Nov 2007.

From the article, I found several very interesting features their w204 was offering that I haven't heard before.

Here is the list

1. Intelligent Head lamp system - head lamp adjusts vertically (up/down) based on the load of the car. It moves left/right when steers with directional fog lamp like US model with P2. I heard that Euro version has the head lamp follows the direction when turn. I did not know it moves up/down as well. However, I noticed when I start my car in dark garage, I see the head light beam moves up and down briefly. This means does US model with P2 has the feature as well, or it's there but not active stuff

2. Fog lamp brightens up from normal brightness when rear fog warning light and wiper are both active.

3. Pre Safe System - when car loses its traction and ESP is active, then these are what follow automatically:

a. Seat belt get fastened (US model has that)
b. Passenger seat returns back if reclined
c. Windows closes and leaves 3cm opened from top to release sudden air pressure built up and gun power smoke in case air bag deploys.

4. When driving aggressively, steering gear ratio automatically changes to 14.5 (6% faster response)

5. Adaptive braking system - while car is moving and wiper is active, then car occasionally applies light brakes to dry brake pads
I wondering if any of these features are already included in US w204

Last edited by kimyoung_k; 03-03-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by kimyoung_k
I was reading an article about w204 test driving event held by MB China in China back in Nov 2007.

From the article, I found several very interesting features their w204 was offering that I haven't heard before.

Here is the list

1. Intelligent Head lamp system - head lamp adjusts vertically (up/down) based on the load of the car. It moves left/right when steers with directional fog lamp like US model with P2. I heard that Euro version has the head lamp follows the direction when turn. I did not know it moves up/down as well. However, I noticed when I start my car in dark garage, I see the head light beam moves up and down briefly. This means does US model with P2 has the feature as well, or it's there but not active stuff

2. Fog lamp brightens up from normal brightness when rear fog warning light and wiper are on together.

3. Pre Safe System - when car loses its traction and ESP is active, then these are what follow automatically:

c. Windows closes and leaves 3cm opened from top to release sudden air pressure built up and gun power smoke in case air bag deploys.

4. When driving aggressively, steering gear ratio automatically changes to 14.5 (6% faster response)

5. Adaptive braking system - while car is moving and wiper is active, then car occasionally applies light brakes to dry brake pads
I wondering if any of these feature above are available for US w204

Hey There,

I know number 1 is correct cause everytime I start my car the headlights seem to do some sort of auto leveling thing where it goes up then down. And I believe number 3 and 5 is also what we have here in North America as well. I don't know about the change in steering gear ratio and the fog lamp thing.

Hope this helps

Daniel
Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
#1. P2 Equipped cars get the bi-xenon head lamps, but they do not turn with the car as they do in the ML, GL, R, S, and CL. I think they are self leveling though.

#2. Not sure I entirely understand that one, but I'm going to say no.

#3. No Pre Safe in the C class, I believe the only two U.S. spec cars to offer that option as of right now are the S and CL.

#4. No, thats servotronic steering, which is available on BMW's and standard on Audi's, to my knowledge none of the U.S. spec Benz's have that as an option.

#5. Adaptive brakes have been standard on all Benz's for a couple years now.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
I beleve the pre-safe is available in canada. I guess not in the US. (I may be wrong)
Old 03-04-2008, 02:43 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Number 1 and Number 3 are extra options you need to pay for.

Lights moving up and down is not adaptive lights. This is a standard feature. i dont know the use but its for sure not adaptive lights. Thats totally different.

All others are standard.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 AM

Here is the list

2. Fog lamp brightens up from normal brightness when rear fog warning light and wiper are both active.

- Presafe is only available when car is equipped with memory seats.
- Steering ratio - only available as part of the "advanced agility package"
- Adaptive braking is standard though it doesn't mean brake drying function.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
The bi xenon do brighten up during rain. They have a range of 33 - 38 watt. Not sure about the fog light.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 AM

2008 C 220 CDI Avantgarde

Here is the list

1. Not available in Us or Australia, however active lighting is available with By-Xenon system as an option

2. Part of intelligent lighting package

3. Only available with Memory seat function installed. However Pro-safe is standard

4. Advanced agility control package. Standard on C63 in Australia, not sure in US

5. Adaptive breaking on advanced agility system.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Those are nice options that we don't have in the US, how much the W204 cost over in China?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Almost a Member!

C300
Thanks for the information people.

Not sure how much w204 cost in China, but I'm sure it's forturne.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 PM

c220 cdi sport

Here is the list

In the UK

1. i think the intelligent light system is a bit silly at low speeds. the R or L front fog lights comes on with the indicator or turn of the wheel. however, the reason why i say it's silly is that both front fog lights come on when driving anyway. so why switch them off at standstill or low speed for only one to come on? I did check and the fog do not 'turn'. The Xenon cornering function is superb though. it really does work. on tight country road bends (barely two cars can pass) it comes into its own. I'm quite sure they dont go up down in the traditional sense. but i gather they increase from 38W to 50W on the motorway and hence they may dip or go up a little so can see more of the straight road ahead.

3. pre-safe seats adjustment only works with electric seats. that thing about leaving 3cm is a great idea! for obvious reasons i dont know if is true, but having been to a Police driving Day out, they mentioned a few times how leaving a small window gap will save your ear drums from bursting... having said that i gather pre-safe shuts the windows..

4. i think this is the parameter steering option. in that the steering gets stiffer at higher speed. it also adjusts for country roads. It almost gives a BMW steering feel (taut)

Last edited by Mr Purple; 03-05-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
1. Not available in North America. Here is what ILS can do:

From a road speed of 90 km/h the new motorway mode is automatically switched on in two stages: in stage one the output of the xenon lamps is increased from 35 to 38 watts, and in stage two the range of the nearside headlamp is increased when a speed of 110 km/h is reached. The result is a uniform cone of light which illuminates the entire road width to a range of up to 120 metres. At the centre of this cone the driver is able to see around 50 metres further than with conventional low beams, which allows him to recognise vehicles, even at very long distances, and adapt his driving style accordingly.

The enhanced fog lamps, which are also part of the new Intelligent Light System, provide better orientation in adverse weather conditions. If visibility becomes less than 50 metres, the vehicle speed falls below 70 km/h and the driver switches on the rear fog lamp, the left bi-xenon headlamp swivels outwards by eight degrees and, at the same time, lowers the cone of light. This illuminates the nearside of the road more efficiently, while the wider beam reduces backglare in fog. The enhanced fog lamps remain switched on up to a speed of 100 km/h.

With the active light function, the swivel angle of the headlamps has been increased from 12 to 15 degrees, providing even better illumination on tight bends. The active light function, which operates at both low beam and main beam, the bi-xenon headlamps automatically follow the steering angle. Road illumination is improved by up to 90 percent when negotiating bends.

The Intelligent Light System also includes the cornering light function, in which one of the two fog lamps is automatically switched on when the driver operates an indicator or turns the steering wheel. As a result, the range of side visibility ahead of the vehicle is increased by around 30 metres. The cornering light function is activated up to a speed of 40 km/h.

All MB Bi-X has a levelling mechanism that moves up and down to prevent glare to oncoming traffic.

2. Part of ILS.

3. Not available in North America.

4. Not available in North America and maybe part of Advanced Agility Package that includes paddle shifters.

5. Std.