C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-10-2015, 06:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Diagnostics
Print Wikipost

how to install a performance chip... any help ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Guys i could honestly give a s**t what what the real figures are. one because i have too much stuff to do during the day to get a dyno done. and two my other car is my play car this is just my deal daily driver. and to the guy above me yeah i can tell because i asked my car what its producing now.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 PM

C350 Sport
Did I miss something?

Bottom line, butt dynos = not a real power listing. Assuming your car is making 20-25hp because it feels that much faster..... never mind.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Mercedes Benz
dude your acting like a queerbait chill out...its like your a private investagator of power ratings. If its bothering you so much i'll call the company and have them send me the dyno charts so i can show you. And since you like to get to the bottom of things tell me why a company such as kleemann or renntech make false claims. both say 20+ hp, and 20+ tq.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:37 AM

C180
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
You can tell that by driving it?

Your C class doesn't have the flux capacitor?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 AM

Nismo 350Z
Originally Posted by C-Class_GREEK
Guys i could honestly give a s**t what what the real figures are.

So why quote them? Do you have stock in renntech?

one because i have too much stuff to do during the day to get a dyno done.
I can write you a note for work.

and two my other car is my play car this is just my deal daily driver.
So you modified your daily driver?

and to the guy above me yeah i can tell because i asked my car what its producing now.

Don't get all butt hurt because you made a claim and are getting asked for proof.

dude your acting like a queerbait chill out...its like your a private investagator of power ratings.
investagator = investigator

A "queer bait" because he's asking how you made that much power from a "chip"? Before I shell out $1195 I want proof.

If its bothering you so much i'll call the company and have them send me the dyno charts so i can show you.
Unless another member posts up dynos that's essentially worthless. Companies have lots of dynos. Hell I can draw you a dyno that says when I play Nine Inch Nails on my stereo it makes 50 HP to the wheels throughout the entire powerband.

And since you like to get to the bottom of things tell me why a company such as kleemann or renntech make false claims. both say 20+ hp, and 20+ tq.
Companies love people like you. You think because you pay more you get more.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 AM

c300
Greek... One general rule of thumb I have for getting the best bang for my buck when it comes to mods is ignoring the advice of those with spelling and punctuation as poor as your own.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM

In response to the guy above me... What are you talking about??? 20-25 prolly at the crank. 14-18 at the wheels. And no if you do some "actual" research you are protected no matter what. And actual some dealers are ok with the mods. One because they plain out work. Two renntech actually tunes real amg cars and they know are motors in and out and only tune it to the safe perimeters. and actually the exhaust on these c300/350 come well tuned from the factory and they actual have cold air intakes already. Test pipes? dude people just want something simple and thats what these ecu do. You say we spend a 1000+ plus on these tunes, well your spending 600+ on dyno and do it yourself crap and you prolly don't even know the safe limit of the car. This is a benz not a ricer. these gains are actually very possible due to the fact that the slk350 has 305 hp from the factory with are exact same engine. ours is just detuned. Let me tell you a hint of advice get the car dynoed when you put heads/cams/ headers/superchargers etc... not when you revise the motor for an ecu. And if you know the guy at the dealer they can actually work with you so they don't reflash the car unless their is a major update. And in the case they do you can send the ecu back and get reflashed and all you pay is shipping. Before trying to make outrageous claims jeff.. do your homework and come prepared. because one you look like an idoit. two these guys who are asking the questions about the ecu are real people and want real answers.
Lol @ your failure.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Mercedes Benz
hraesvelg you got to much time on your hands, but thanks for thinking of me. dvdmc sorry when i was in grammar class i wasn't a nerd like you that paid attention to the teacher. rolexx what fail, I have a c350, jeep srt8 and dodge viper and thats just my cars, you should see the cloths, my girlfriend, and house that I have. Why modified my daily driver? cuz i got the money and I can. Its funny how you all attack me, what do you all get in a room and circle jerk and grab eachothers asses. I can't wait to read another one of your posts.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
this thread is getting way off topic.... and the slandering is just gonna get the thread locked by mods.

Fact of the matter is, dyno sheets will vary from run to run even with the same tune. This is just the very nature of the dyno. People have shown sheets that have been less than advertised from major tuners before...this was either because they ran in less than ideal environment or the tuner did theirs in more than ideal. Since ECU controls so much of your vehicle, it's one of the easiest to blame for malfunction, which will cause a code 8. Warranty claims are processed and accepted by MBUSA, not the local dealerships. If you're good with the techs or SA, they might overlook the tune and not report it to MBUSA, but if they do report it, claim will be denied, regardless of if it was done by top line tuners like Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus, etc. It is a risk getting your chip tuned and getting it flashed over, but several tuners offer warranties against this and will reflash your chip free, but some only offer this for a limited time span, so do your research and see what is offered by each tuner.

To most, getting an ECU tune is a major decision in the modding of their car and you can't blame them for wanting to see some sort of evidence backing claims. If you've followed some of the other threads on other tuners, you'll find some turned out to be bogus causing bans and lawsuits. These are typically fly-by-night outfits but entice people to go with them based off lower pricing. Major brands like the ones stated above, and even Powerchip are reliable though and ran by many enthusiasts.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 07-13-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM

Mercedes Benz
if you guys don't want to dish out about a grand for a ecu, then don't do it and quite fighting with people. And rolexx explain my fail cuz i don't see it anywhere, at least the other guys up there explained their reasoning. you on the other hand laugh like a ******.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Nismo 350Z
hraesvelg you got to much time on your hands, but thanks for thinking of me
Working three days a week has its benefits.

dvdmc sorry when i was in grammar class i wasn't a nerd like you that paid attention to the teacher.
2 koll 4 skool? lol

I have a c350, jeep srt8 and dodge viper and thats just my cars, you should see the cloths, my girlfriend, and house that I have.
I have "cloths" too.

Post pics of all of those up too right after you post pics of your dyno.

I'm starting to think those are your dad's cars and you are just a kid living with mom and pops...

Why modified my daily driver? cuz i got the money and I can.
Wow, who says "cuz" anyway? Besides kids?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Nismo 350Z
Originally Posted by Greek's Profile
OccupationKickin YOUR ***
Yep. You have to be a child.

Post a pic of you with a note saying "Hraesvelg is a punk" and have your "cloth" on too.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Mercedes Benz
Hah little guy. you can't take a joke, seems like your getting angry. really my dads cars, son my father doesn't care about cars he cares about fine food, good house, his cigar and his happy family, not a piece of metal... I'll tell one thing I work with my dad and I live at home but all those things that I own are from my sweat and blood. I might not have bought them new but guess what there mine. You just wish you had cars like mine and the life I have at 24 years old. Then again i'd be jealous too just driving nismo 350z. Living at home making 120k year at 24 has it benefits... God has blessed me I guess, because my mom and dad love me so much that they said they wanted me to stay home and not kick me out like the typical american white trash parents. o btw since you care so much about my life... i'll prolly take a **** around 6ish tonight, so write back a little after then.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM

Nismo 350Z
Hah little guy. you can't take a joke, seems like your getting angry.
No, I don't think you could make me angry. You are making me laugh though.

son my father doesn't care about cars he cares about fine food, good house, his cigar and his happy family, not a piece of metal.
I'm 31, so don't act like you're my senior.

I'll tell one thing I work with my dad and I live at home but all those things that I own are from my sweat and blood.
Wow, you own several depreciating "assets", congrats.

I might not have bought them new but guess what there mine.
I bet you impress all the teenage chicks in your parents neighborhood.

You just wish you had cars like mine and the life I have at 24 years old.
No, I was just finishing up my undergrad at that age.

Then again i'd be jealous too just driving nismo 350z.
It's ok. I have a garage to park it in, it even came with a house attached to it. And it's not daddy's.

Property, 401k's and education are my priorities. Cars are yours. I win.

Living at home making 120k year at 24 has it benefits...
Everyone on the internet makes $250k a year. You're weaksauce.

Does your dad pay you that much to take the trash out and mow the lawn?

because my mom and dad love me so much that they said they wanted me to stay home and not kick me out like the typical american white trash parents.
White trash parents kick their kids out? lol
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a c350, jeep srt8 and dodge viper and thats just my cars, you should see the cloths, my girlfriend, and house that I have.
I'll tell one thing I work with my dad and I live at home

Inconsistency, or at least vaguely misleading.

There's having and there's flaunting..... you drive a mercedes. Show some class.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 07-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Nismo 350Z
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Inconsistency, or at least vaguely misleading.

There's having and there's flaunting..... you drive a mercedes. Show some class.
What you drive does not effect your level of class.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sadly, that's true now in the days of grossly depreciated CPO, Lease, and zero real expense from living at home.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
You're right - it doesn't effect it - it AFFECTS it
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Grammar aside, isn't this what you meant to say?

Hah little guy. you can't take a joke, seems like your getting angry. really my dads cars, son my father doesn't care about cars he cares about fine food, good house, his cigar and his happy family, not a piece of metal or teaching his son how to be humble... I'll tell one thing I work for my dad and I live in his house and all those things I have access to are from his sweat and blood. I might not have bought them new but guess what there mine. You just wish you had cars like mine and the life I have at 24 years old. Then again i'd be jealous too just driving nismo 350z. Living at home and having 120k year handed to me at 24 has it benefits... God has blessed me I guess, because my mom and dad love me so much that they said they wanted me to stay home and not kick me out like the typical american white trash parents. The crums of their success are what I treasure most. o btw since you care so much about my life... i'll prolly take a **** around 6ish tonight, so write back a little after then.

Last edited by Derspeed; 07-13-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Had to modify the above quote to make it accurate. ;)
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

bmw m3
Wink haha little gook

:Hraesvelg, you are 31 and work 3 days a week and start fights online with people you don't know..lol thats something to post your gay little smiley faces about..

You must be a gook, all you talk about is education and work. Oh and you drive a 350z.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Mercedes Benz
Your 31 and your saying I act like a child... haha you make no sense. Your 31 and you don't know the difference between effect and affect. where did you get your education from home depot. properties? what do you own a lemonade stand? Education... I thought you were 31 and done with school. Haha... good luck on your 401k. 120k a year is weaksauce. what are stuck in the 90's. my father?? since when has my father done anything to you. sounds like you have dad issues. I impress the teenage girls? yea actually i do. why? does that bother that women don't even give you the time of day. you have a garage to put your car in.. really and its attached to a house. Wow your cool... I bet your really proud of that shack you call a house. Despite all of this and what I see seems like you need to get laid.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ilovebmw
You must be a gook, all you talk about is education and work. Oh and you drive a 350z.
A troll, a racist, and now soon to be banned.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:25 PM

bmw m3
A troll, a racist, and now soon to be banned.
Oh great! I can never come on this great board? How will I live my life.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ilovebmw
Oh great! I can never come on this great board? How will I live my life.
Dropping racist comments won't get you far anywhere, regardless of this board or any other. The G word to us asians is no different than the N word to african americans.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:18 PM

bmw m3
Talking

Dropping racist comments won't get you far anywhere, regardless of this board or any other. The G word to us asians is no different than the N word to african americans.
As far as I know, I view asians and african americans, and whites equally. I only used that word to annoying people because I know it some way that will bother them.

example: yourself, obviously!

I'm not racist I voted for obama lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to install a performance chip... any help ?