Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

C-Class (W204) 2008-Present: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
blueacc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Drives: C300
Post Moonroof Problem?? One touch button not working

Hi... first time posting here.. what's wrong with my c300's moonroof? One touch button works while opening all the way, but not closing.. It just closed little by little(like stop n go), and i had to kept holding the button.. It had the jerking sound.. It had this problem since day one.. Can someone help? thanks...
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

blueacc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 961
Drives: \
I would guess there might be a small obstruction in the track which is triggering the safety mechanism that keeps it from closing on retarded people's necks. Warranty?

EDIT: Also you do know that you have to press the button as far as it will go for one touch close right? If you're just giving it a quick tap, it's never gonna happen.
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dmatre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,047
Drives: '03 C230 Sport Sedan
Have you tried re-synching the roof?

Hold the button until 5 seconds after the roof is fully open, then hold the button in the other direction until 5 seconds after the roof is fully closed. (or RTFM)
__________________
2003 C230 Sport Sedan
dmatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
jaseng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 17
Drives: 2008 C350 W204
i had the exact same problem several times and was unable to fix it; sometimes it would work and other times it wouldnt. take it into the dealer and they will work their "magic" . . . but yeah for technical terms its just a re-synching that is needed.
jaseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
blueacc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Drives: C300
I did try re-synching, but still not working... Also, i took out the fuse of the moonroof for couple mins. then reinstalled it back...No luck... not working....Did the dealer tell u what the problem was? How long did it take to fix it??? thanks..

Last edited by blueacc333; 08-28-2009 at 02:52 PM.
blueacc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Out Of Control!!
 
e1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC
Posts: 18,683
Drives: a quarter mile at a time
you should still be under warranty right? Just take it back to the dealer and let them fix it.
__________________
e1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
jaseng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 17
Drives: 2008 C350 W204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueacc333 View Post
I did try re-synching, but still not working... Also, i took out the fuse of the moonroof for couple mins. then reinstalled it back...No luck... not working....Did the dealer tell u what the problem was? How long did it take to fix it??? thanks..
ever tried re-synching it myself in fact never hear of doing it the way discussed above. the dealer simply told me it was synchizing issue. Whatever they did on there end worked for me. now, if i could get them to fix or replace the sweeky mirror we would be in business!
jaseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,865
Drives: LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseng View Post
ever tried re-synching it myself in fact never hear of doing it the way discussed above. the dealer simply told me it was synchizing issue. Whatever they did on there end worked for me. now, if i could get them to fix or replace the sweeky mirror we would be in business!
ya my mirrors still squeak after 2 years... they could never fix it... that would be sweet if they replaced my mirrors under warranty with the new 2010 mirrors!
__________________
rb23lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
blueacc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Drives: C300
still under warrany... yea.. i will take it to the dealer whenever i feel like it... maybe a year later.. lol 4 years 50,000 miles warranty.. right??
blueacc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34
Drives: c300 sport
Software needs an upgrade maybe.

I had the same problem with my '08 and the dealer re-synced it a couple of times and then finally ordered a new unit from Germany. Problem still not solved till they found out there was a software upgrade pending, once that came out and they "flashed" the car all is good.
pfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
blueacc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Drives: C300
yea... software upgrade.... maybe that will do... Why only closing get the jerking(stop and go) motion?? It works flawessly when opening.. I'm guessing some safety issues??
blueacc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bigigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bergen Co,NJ
Posts: 1,692
Drives: 14' CLS550
i had the same problem, it opens smooth 1touch, but closing u have to hold onto the button and it closes in a jerky motion.. dealer fixed it in 30 min.. but now im having the same problem in my passenger window.. opens 1touch but i have to hold the button when wanting to close
__________________
Current
14' CLS 550, 14' ML350

Gone
12' E350 sport, 12' C300 sport, 08' C300 sport
bigigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Super Member
 
hcetzneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfield county, CT.
Posts: 838
Drives: 00 C-280(sold), 99 C-43/55(sold),07 E-350(sold) 09 E-350,12 E350C,04Ram srt10
New software

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfletch View Post
I had the same problem with my '08 and the dealer re-synced it a couple of times and then finally ordered a new unit from Germany. Problem still not solved till they found out there was a software upgrade pending, once that came out and they "flashed" the car all is good.
Exactlly correct!! There is newer software or flash avaliable for the ocp module which will fix this issue...Also on a side note there is a bulliten for the squeaking mirrors too.
hcetzneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
Super Member
 
hcetzneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfield county, CT.
Posts: 838
Drives: 00 C-280(sold), 99 C-43/55(sold),07 E-350(sold) 09 E-350,12 E350C,04Ram srt10
you wont get the 10 covers though.. its a problem with the spring in the frame. But ive checked the price of the upgrade it not that pricey to switch to the 10 mirror covers and they look so much better
hcetzneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
blueacc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Drives: C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseng View Post
i had the exact same problem several times and was unable to fix it; sometimes it would work and other times it wouldnt. take it into the dealer and they will work their "magic" . . . but yeah for technical terms its just a re-synching that is needed.
still have the problem.. shoot.. I think its just a safety feature..
need any canbus led?? I will hook it up..
__________________
Complete LED Interiors Swapped..6500k cool white.. super bright and clean!!
blueacc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 504
Drives: 90 300E, 01 330i, 05 C230K, 08 C350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcetzneb View Post
Exactlly correct!! There is newer software or flash avaliable for the ocp module which will fix this issue...Also on a side note there is a bulliten for the squeaking mirrors too.
Has anybody confirmed this regarding the sunroof?

The sunroof in my wife's o8 C350 just recently started doing the thing where it opens just fine, but you have to close it by holding the switch in the position and then it closes about an inch at a time. Pretty annoying, if you ask me...

First thing that came to my mind was resynching, of course. Did the procedure as described in the Owner's Manual (open roof all the way, then hold the switch for "approximately" 1 second more), but to no avail.

If it indeed is the software issue, what is the procedure with cars that are out of warranty? Do the dealer charge you an arm and a leg for that just because they can?
TexFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68
Drives: 2012 C350 Palladium Sport Sedan
Somewhat related...

If I have the roof tilted up, am I supposed to be able to one touch to have it slide open? Currently I have to one touch to close it and then retouch to have it slide open. I miss that from my last car, being able to one touch a tilted roof to fully open.
cswang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA
Posts: 3,988
Drives: '08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexFinn View Post
Has anybody confirmed this regarding the sunroof?

The sunroof in my wife's o8 C350 just recently started doing the thing where it opens just fine, but you have to close it by holding the switch in the position and then it closes about an inch at a time. Pretty annoying, if you ask me...

First thing that came to my mind was resynching, of course. Did the procedure as described in the Owner's Manual (open roof all the way, then hold the switch for "approximately" 1 second more), but to no avail.

If it indeed is the software issue, what is the procedure with cars that are out of warranty? Do the dealer charge you an arm and a leg for that just because they can?
Not one second...five seconds. Then you must run it the other way and hold for another five seconds after it stops moving.
RLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 504
Drives: 90 300E, 01 330i, 05 C230K, 08 C350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLE View Post
Not one second...five seconds. Then you must run it the other way and hold for another five seconds after it stops moving.
If that is the case, I guess MB needs to update the Owner's Manual, then. This is how the procedure is described on page 275.

Quote:
 Switch on the ignition ( page 82).
 Press and hold the sunroof switch in
the direction of arrow1 until the
tilt/sliding sunroof is fully raised at the
rear.
 Keep holding the sunroof switch in the
direction of arrow1 for approximately
1 second.
 Check the Express-operation feature
( page 275).
If the tilt/sliding sunroof opens completely,
the sunroof is synchronized.
Otherwise repeat the above steps.
TexFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NNJ
Posts: 952
Drives: '11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Alot of C's have this problem, I had it in my 08. I had to take it to the dealer, my brother in law is service manager. Its the overhead console where the button it that gets F'd up, they flash it and resync it in 10 min. Never came back when I had the car, but the tech said they had ones that came in for a second and third time even. The 5 second sync doesnt work AFAIK and the tech said its not for every model, its a specific class fix for other lines......
jimmythegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 504
Drives: 90 300E, 01 330i, 05 C230K, 08 C350
No go w/the 5 second syncing, either, so I guess this calls for a trip to the dealer.
TexFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA
Posts: 3,988
Drives: '08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
Alot of C's have this problem, I had it in my 08. I had to take it to the dealer, my brother in law is service manager. Its the overhead console where the button it that gets F'd up, they flash it and resync it in 10 min. Never came back when I had the car, but the tech said they had ones that came in for a second and third time even. The 5 second sync doesnt work AFAIK and the tech said its not for every model, its a specific class fix for other lines......
This problem has existed for more than ten years. My 2001 C320 (with automotive Alzheimers, I think) lost it's memory about everything many times resulting in many memory module warranty claims. The W204 is vastly better in that regard but still has become confused once or twice.

At least it hasn't been found wandering the streets at 3AM.
RLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Drives: C300
Thumbs up Moonroof malfunction

I tried the syncing procedure and it worked perfectly
theironmaiden5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
Super Member
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 950
Drives: 2010 c300
Send a message via AIM to aznmode
Mine works fine so my question might be slightly off topic. On my previous w203 if the sunroof was on tilt open and I want to open completely, I just had to pull the button backward and it will close and open automatically with just 1 push. And vice versa. With the w204 I have to first close it. Then I pull the button backward. So it requires 2 pushes. Is this normal?
__________________
aznmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
Member
 
kevin.vernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ft Bragg
Posts: 197
Drives: 2009 C63 ///AMG
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.vernal kevin_vernal
Send a message via Yahoo to kevin.vernal
hey guys,

I have a 2009 C63 and this jerking sunroof just happened. I followed the instructions but no luck. Dealer is charging me to fix it. Is there any steps? My windows re-synced already. thanks
__________________
kevin.vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:17 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
aftermarket, benz, buttons, c280, c300, close, frame, mb, mercedes, moonroof, programing, replace, spoiler, sunroof, touch, working



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2