C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-05-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

Best wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 AMG
Best wax

what the best wax i can use to polish my new w204?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Meguiar's, Zaino, Klasse, Sonus...All Good
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
I'll wait for Mike to chime in here. But from what others are saying. Autogylm and Swissvax products are top tier.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Blackfire Wet Diamond is my LSP of choice right now- 2 coats of it after polishing with Menzerna SIP and then a coat of EZ Creme Glaze.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
I'll wait for Mike to chime in here. But from what others are saying. Autogylm and Swissvax products are top tier.
Never used Autoglym, but Swissvax is awesome, their wheel wax is tops. I have used Meguair's Gold Class, and Yellow #26 Professional series and they produce great results.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Wait, before everyone starts tossing brands around....did you want to wax your car or polish your car since you asked what "wax i can use to polish". Two entirely seperate things, unless you want to get into all-in-ones (AIO).

If what you're looking for is wax, few factors before anyone can give you any informed answer. What color is your car? What's your goal (looks or durability)? Are you looking for more of a warm look, wet look, or hard candy look? How much are you looking to spend?

If what you're looking for is a polish....are you looking to hand polish or machine polish? If machine, dual action or rotary? What pads do you currently have? What's the condition of the paint? How much you looking to spend?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM

08 C350 Sport
I prefer Klasse All-in-One german polish/wax. I do not like Carnauba wax, it is gets bad under the sun and does not offer same protection as acrylic protection. I have been waxing my M3 for years now and paint stays like brand new, it also very durable. You can refresh your wax after car was by useing SONUS Acrylic Spitz. Also, Klasse is easy to apply, just applicator needs to be a bit wet.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

KAIO is a great product, but nothing wrong with carnauba if applied right. By itself I agree, durability sucks, but layer it over a sealant and really adds depth to the paint.

Eitherway, regardless of what wax or sealant you choose, to make it look good really starts at paint prep level. This is why KAIO is great for the casual detailer as Klasse made it simple. You won't get as good results as a true polish job, but for most, it's good enough. Alternatively, you can try glazes to fill paint defects such as the previously mentioned Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze or Poorboys White Diamond and Black Hole.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:38 AM

C180 AMG
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Wait, before everyone starts tossing brands around....did you want to wax your car or polish your car since you asked what "wax i can use to polish". Two entirely seperate things, unless you want to get into all-in-ones (AIO).

If what you're looking for is wax, few factors before anyone can give you any informed answer. What color is your car? What's your goal (looks or durability)? Are you looking for more of a warm look, wet look, or hard candy look? How much are you looking to spend?

If what you're looking for is a polish....are you looking to hand polish or machine polish? If machine, dual action or rotary? What pads do you currently have? What's the condition of the paint? How much you looking to spend?
ok explain me the difference between wax and polish..i was assuming was the same..
i dont care how much money i will spend..car is new and i want to take care...
colour is tenorite grey..
all i will do alone..i want car to look superb
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
^ NICE COLOR!!!

NICE INFO IN HERE... DEFINITELY NEED TO WAX IT UP OR CLAY BAR IT THIS SUMMER.

DON'T MEAN TO HIJACK BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFF WITH WAX VS CLAY BAR ?

AND IF I USE TOUCH UP PAINT THEN WAX/CLAY BAR OVER TOP... WOULD THAT HELP THE TOUCH UP PAINT BLEND IN MORE WITH THE CARS PAINT?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gorica79
ok explain me the difference between wax and polish..i was assuming was the same..
i dont care how much money i will spend..car is new and i want to take care...
colour is tenorite grey..
all i will do alone..i want car to look superb
Polish is paint correction. You're repairing swirls and scratches either by polishing the clear coat down to the level of the scratch or softening the edges to remove the reflective spectrum of the defect. This is the step that will really really make your car pop. This can be acomplished somewhat by hand, but is a pain in the **** and not nearly as effective as machine polish, which you can do with a dual action polisher or a more advanced rotary machine. For machine polish, I'd highly recommend Menzerna products for our harder ceramic clear coat.

Wax is just that, a wax that sits on top of your car that can add protection and also add depth to the paint.

Originally Posted by TB5...
^ NICE COLOR!!!

NICE INFO IN HERE... DEFINITELY NEED TO WAX IT UP OR CLAY BAR IT THIS SUMMER.

DON'T MEAN TO HIJACK BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFF WITH WAX VS CLAY BAR ?

AND IF I USE TOUCH UP PAINT THEN WAX/CLAY BAR OVER TOP... WOULD THAT HELP THE TOUCH UP PAINT BLEND IN MORE WITH THE CARS PAINT?
Clay bar is used to remove external contaminants from your paint that can't be removed safely by wash. You don't want to clay all the time as it can mar the paint. Basically run your hand across the paint after it's been cleaned and if it feels rough and not smooth, you might need to clay to get rid of the contaminants. Can also be used to safely remove paint overspray. If you stop at a stop night and someone is painting a wall nearby, a gust of wind can bring some of that paint over to your car.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 07-06-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM

C180 AMG
Polish is paint correction. You're repairing swirls and scratches either by polishing the clear coat down to the level of the scratch or softening the edges to remove the reflective spectrum of the defect. This is the step that will really really make your car pop. This can be acomplished somewhat by hand, but is a pain in the **** and not nearly as effective as machine polish, which you can do with a dual action polisher or a more advanced rotary machine. For machine polish, I'd highly recommend Menzerna products for our harder ceramic clear coat.

Wax is just that, a wax that sits on top of your car that can add protection and also add depth to the paint.

Clay bar is used to remove external contaminants from your paint that can't be removed safely by wash. You don't want to clay all the time as it can mar the paint. Basically run your hand across the paint after it's been cleaned and if it feels rough and not smooth, you might need to clay to get rid of the contaminants. Can also be used to safely remove paint overspray. If you stop at a stop night and someone is painting a wall nearby, a gust of wind can bring some of that paint over to your car.
ok i just want to make car look very shine...paint is ok without scratces..
in this case what i need?

hoa bout this?
http://www.autogeek.net/klassupsizki.html
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM

An Amg
This is all i use..

http://www.adamspolishes.com/
Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
If you have no scratches a simple wax is all you need. I used AutoGlym as AZNC300 previously suggested in another thread and loved it. Better than previously used meguiars. And it appears that it will last me a while as it spread very well.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by 09SL65
+1
Old 07-06-2010, 03:13 PM

2008 C300
Has anyone ever use 3m Premium Liquid Wax 06006? any feedback about 3M products?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Autoglym is one of the best OTC product out there in the States. Prior to them starting selling their product in Walmart and Pepboys, all you OTC guys had was Megs, Mothers, and a scattering of lesser products. Adams is no joke too, but is more of a stepping stone (like Zainos) from OTC to better boutique lines.

Detailing really is a good measurement on just how **** you can be. For most, simple Turtle Wax looks great for them and they don't even know what swirls are. For some of us who are on the opposite side of the spectrum, we have to polish out ever minor defect that's on the car or our eyes will constantly get drawn to the defective part. Most of you I'm guessing simple OTC products like Megs SwirlX, ScratchX, and UC will suffice for paint correction.

ok i just want to make car look very shine...paint is ok without scratces..
in this case what i need?

hoa bout this?
http://www.autogeek.net/klassupsizki.html
Yeah, it seems like you don't want to spend 24 manhours on paint correction so just go with an AIO. Klasse is a great product for that which will get rid of some minor paint issues, mask, and wax all in one step. I'd still suggest topping it off with a synthetic sealant however as the KAIO protectant isn't overly durable.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM

C180 AMG
Autoglym is one of the best OTC product out there in the States. Prior to them starting selling their product in Walmart and Pepboys, all you OTC guys had was Megs, Mothers, and a scattering of lesser products. Adams is no joke too, but is more of a stepping stone (like Zainos) from OTC to better boutique lines.

Detailing really is a good measurement on just how **** you can be. For most, simple Turtle Wax looks great for them and they don't even know what swirls are. For some of us who are on the opposite side of the spectrum, we have to polish out ever minor defect that's on the car or our eyes will constantly get drawn to the defective part. Most of you I'm guessing simple OTC products like Megs SwirlX, ScratchX, and UC will suffice for paint correction.

Yeah, it seems like you don't want to spend 24 manhours on paint correction so just go with an AIO. Klasse is a great product for that which will get rid of some minor paint issues, mask, and wax all in one step. I'd still suggest topping it off with a synthetic sealant however as the KAIO protectant isn't overly durable.

I'd still suggest topping it off with a synthetic sealant however as the KAIO protectant isn't overly durable

can you suggest what ii have to buy..?
i have no idea///
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Don't forget to use the two bucket method when washing the car.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd still suggest topping it off with a synthetic sealant however as the KAIO protectant isn't overly durable

can you suggest what ii have to buy..?
i have no idea///
Klasse All-In-One and Collinite 845. That's a pretty failsafe combo and offers one of the best durability if you're not one to wax your car every few weeks.

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Yes, and use good soap....don't use dishwasher soap as it'll strip your wax. Big fan of Chemical Guys Glossworkz for maintenance weekly wash (Maxi Suds II if you want to use a foam gun) with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Clear for stripping wax for reapplying.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
I picked up the Wolfgang Estate kit which uses a fusion polymer/carnuba wax. I'm just waiting for my car to get off the boat so I can test it out. You know anyone who has tried it yet Michael?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
I wholeheartedly agree... The only way to eliminate swirl marks is to avoid them...
Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Peabody
I picked up the Wolfgang Estate kit which uses a fusion polymer/carnuba wax. I'm just waiting for my car to get off the boat so I can test it out. You know anyone who has tried it yet Michael?
Wolfgang is a great product line with fuzion being one of the best waxed I've used. I have their sealant and paint cleaner in my detail collection. Good stuff
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AV6
zymol royale glaze
Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 AM

2008 C Class Sport
I use Pinnacle from Malco It is the best wax ever. My friends started to use it its great with little or no dust I also use their glaze as part of a 3 step process the wax lasts a year until you notice its time for a new coat but I wax it before the harsh seasons like winter and summer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best wax