C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Turn signal indicators acting up...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 glk 250 bluetech
My C300 has the same problem,some days it works perfect, some days turn signal will work in the opposite directions, some days it just wont work. I took it to the service guy who hooked up Computer but could not find any fault code. The problem is two times when I have taken the car the signal works pefect at his Service Bay. After Driving out after a while it starts again. So he is not able to look at it when its working Faulty...
Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
My turn signal problem hasn't returned as yet (thankfully) but that one time they failed has made me nervous every time I use them!!
Next time it happens I'll pull over and switch ignition off and back on and see if it cures - will keep posting on this one.....
Old 02-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Mercedes a class 160
Smile Malfunction indicators, solved

Originally Posted by Pete7874
Very often, when I go to cancel the turn signal indicator, it'll start blinking in the opposite direction a couple of times. Other times, turning on the right one will actually cause the left one to blink instead. Very annoying, not to mention dangerous. Anybody had this happen? Common issue? I'm guessing the turn signal switch or stalk is malfunctioning...

Will be scheduling dealer visit for this when time allows...
The same thing happens to my a class, this carried on for years, I spent £100's with garages to no effect!
Then a friend who loves problems found out that the fault was in the hazard light switch, I bought a second hand one on eBay and woe-behold it worked. Fantastic, I can now turn left in complete safety.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:12 AM

W204
For those who still have the problem, i just finally found the root for my problem. It lies at faulty rear bulbs. All my rear bulbs were stock, and to my surprise, the bulb connectors were melt , causing what would i guess disruption to electrical system. Ive changed all my rear end bulbs, cleaned the connector, and now my signals/wipers are now working fine. Give it a try