C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204's and offsets of wheels

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.64 average.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by TheUniballer
If I wanted MPGs, I'd have bought a four cylinder. Plus I doubt a 38lb wheel is just destroying my mileage/braking distance. I get the exact same mileage on each tank as I did before the wheels. Wheels will get bent/cracked if you don't pay attention while driving to ensure you don't hit things, regardless if they are forged or not. I also have Toyo tires and am not worried about rubbing whatsoever.

I did do research, just not here. I'm sorry I didn't want to spring for custom offset. I contacted Niche, told them what I drove, they had already had these wheels on W204 and said a great fitment that isn't too aggressive or too sunk is what I have. I'd say that's about the best source for research you can get. I asked them about a bit lower offset and they said it will increase the price for the rears and will have to custom make the wheels. They then told me if I want a little better fitment, to see how I like their width/offset and TO ADD SPACERS if I wanted slightly more aggressive. Also, 10mm is far from a **** load of wheel spacing. 10mm is less than a half inch, and wouldn't getting wider/lower offset be the exact same concept, putting the exact same stress on the hubs? Better safe than too much poke and looking like an idiot with wheels that don't fit. You act as if I bought 19x7 +100 offset and am trying to fix it with a five inch spacer or something stupid. I really don't understand your hatred of TEN MILLIMETERS. :

I'd be delighted to know what your specs are btw.
Stock 17s are around 25 pounds(estimated) and your wheels are 38 pounds. 52 pounds of unsprung weight(1 pound of unsprung is equal to 6 pounds of cargo, again estimated give or take). Do the math :0.

My specs are 225/40 18x8 et 35. And 255/30 18x9 et 48. I run Michelin so they're wider then normal as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350/2002 Acura CL-S
Originally Posted by xjaymzzx
Stock 17s are around 25 pounds(estimated) and your wheels are 38 pounds. 52 pounds of unsprung weight(1 pound of unsprung is equal to 6 pounds of cargo, again estimated give or take). Do the math :0.

My specs are 225/40 18x8 et 35. And 255/30 18x9 et 48. I run Michelin so they're wider then normal as well.
Once again, I have seen zero change in mpgs since I got the wheels. Which has included lots of city driving as well as highway.

Also. You realize the differences in our widths and offsets pretty much even out. Meaning my current specs and yours are almost identical.

My specs:
19x8.5 +42 front
19x9.5 +52 rear

Yours:
18x8 +35 front
18x9 +48 rear

We are running the same tire sizes.

This equates to my rears EXTENDING an extra 2mm and my fronts RETRACT by 1mm.

Also via your thread, it seems you are running a 5mm spacer in the front. So...to quote you, "Do it right and go for a wider rim with a correct offset. Wheel spacers puts more stress on the wheel bearing, so i've heard."

Old 10-23-2014, 03:32 PM

Once again, I have seen zero change in mpgs since I got the wheels. Which has included lots of city driving as well as highway.

Also. You realize the differences in our widths and offsets pretty much even out. Meaning my current specs and yours are almost identical.

My specs:
19x8.5 +42 front
19x9.5 +52 rear

Yours:
18x8 +35 front
18x9 +48 rear

We are running the same tire sizes.

This equates to my rears EXTENDING an extra 2mm and my fronts RETRACT by 1mm.

Also via your thread, it seems you are running a 5mm spacer in the front. So...to quote you, "Do it right and go for a wider rim with a correct offset. Wheel spacers puts more stress on the wheel bearing, so i've heard."

That's because I was forced to put the wheel spacer on, the shop where I purchased the wheels ordered the wrong offset and wouldn't refund me the money I paid in full. Love how you totally sidestepped my unsprung weight info.
Like I said use wheel spacers if it's absolutely necessary not because you're lazy. So your augument has no value. Maybe you should stop giving me faces and more facts

My argument is that you shouldn't use wheel spacers unless its absolutely necessary. you have yet put in a response. "Flaw in the reasoning - source argument - This flawed argument attacks the person (or source) instead of the argument they advance." look it up.
An example of your flawed reasoning -
“Mayor Jones’ anti-DUI campaign should not be taken seriously. After all, the mayor himself was cited for driving under the influence in college.”

Last edited by xjaymzzx; 10-23-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:13 PM

That's because I was forced to put the wheel spacer on, the shop where I purchased the wheels ordered the wrong offset and wouldn't refund me the money I paid in full. Love how you totally sidestepped my unsprung weight info.
Sounds like a stellar shop then However it doesn't sound like they were required, but rather you wanted them to achieve a certain fitment, yes? That's what I want to do here. Then along you come whining about MY wheels which were MY choice for MY reasons. The car is NOT a performance car and I would consider myself a good driver (I haven't had an accident since I was 16, 25 now...knock on wood!) so I feel the negative effects of unsprung weight and all that fun stuff isn't terribly great. Yes there is most likely a slight increase in braking distance and yes, I'm sure I am getting worse mileage, although very slight from what I've read. Also I trust MB's brakes to still do their job effectively under any braking conditions. I also have had to use heavy braking once or twice lately due to idiots, and the car stopped with 0 issues. I appreciate your concern with my safety and my investment, however I just couldn't care less about wheel weights MPGs minute stopping distances

Now, unless you have some relevant information on what size wheel bolts I can run with a 10mm spacer, please go away.

In response to this bit of randomness:
My argument is that you shouldn't use wheel spacers unless its absolutely necessary. you have yet put in a response. "Flaw in the reasoning - source argument - This flawed argument attacks the person (or source) instead of the argument they advance." look it up.
“Mayor Jones’ anti-DUI campaign should not be taken seriously. After all, the mayor himself was cited for driving under the influence in college.”

I do believe it's been fairly clear that I want to add spacers to achieve a slightly more aggressive fitment. Do you also realize this thread is about offsets, which directly corresponds to how your wheels fit the car? What other reasoning would I have and how could you not deduct that that was the reasoning behind it, given the conversation?

Last edited by TheUniballer; 10-23-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Sounds like a stellar shop then However it doesn't sound like they were required, but rather you wanted them to achieve a certain fitment, yes? That's what I want to do here. Then along you come whining about MY wheels which were MY choice for MY reasons. The car is NOT a performance car and I would consider myself a good driver (I haven't had an accident since I was 16, 25 now...knock on wood!) so I feel the negative effects of unsprung weight and all that fun stuff isn't terribly great. Yes there is most likely a slight increase in braking distance and yes, I'm sure I am getting worse mileage, although very slight from what I've read. Also I trust MB's brakes to still do their job effectively under any braking conditions. I also have had to use heavy braking once or twice lately due to idiots, and the car stopped with 0 issues. I appreciate your concern with my safety and my investment, however I just couldn't care less about wheel weights MPGs minute stopping distances

Now, unless you have some relevant information on what size wheel bolts I can run with a 10mm spacer, please go away.

In response to this bit of randomness:

I do believe it's been fairly clear that I want to add spacers to achieve a slightly more aggressive fitment. Do you also realize this thread is about offsets, which directly corresponds to how your wheels fit the car? What other reasoning would I have and how could you not deduct that that was the reasoning behind it, given the conversation?
Stop quoting me and I would stop giving you basic facts on the effects. I'm not trying to force you into anything. Just throwing the facts out there so other people don't do the same thing as you did or have the correct information.

The shop I went to was an expensive douchebag shop that doesn't admit to their mistakes cuz they have an expensive clientele. I went to the wheel and performance shop, told them I want these rims, gave them model numbers, exact offsets and widths I kno the manufacturer makes. With specific tires and sizes and left it up to them to order.

Telling me to go away is like me calling you a *******g douche but I didn't want to resort to immature behavior.

Last edited by xjaymzzx; 10-23-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:49 AM

Stop quoting me and I would stop giving you basic facts on the effects. I'm not trying to force you into anything. Just throwing the facts out there so other people don't do the same thing as you did or have the correct information.

The shop I went to was an expensive douchebag shop that doesn't admit to their mistakes cuz they have an expensive clientele. I went to the wheel and performance shop, told them I want these rims, gave them model numbers, exact offsets and widths I kno the manufacturer makes. With specific tires and sizes and left it up to them to order.

Telling me to go away is like me calling you a *******g douche but I didn't want to resort to immature behavior.
I'm telling you to go away because you aren't providing any information relevant to what I was asking originally, and never did. All you did was come in here whining about my wheel weights and unsprung weight. I never asked for that.

I'm gonna say it again, unless you have anything relevant to add about my question about extended wheel bolts, please go away.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 AM

I'm telling you to go away because you aren't providing any information relevant to what I was asking originally, and never did. All you did was come in here whining about my wheel weights and unsprung weight. I never asked for that.

I'm gonna say it again, unless you have anything relevant to add about my question about extended wheel bolts, please go away.
I was never whining about your ****ty wheels. I was giving an alternative. If you don't like someone disagreeing with you don't go on a public forum.

"It's a public forum brah. Ban me"

Last edited by xjaymzzx; 10-24-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:29 AM

I was never whining about your ****ty wheels. I was giving an alternative. If you don't like someone disagreeing with you don't go on a public forum.

"It's a public forum brah. Ban me"
This coming from someone who plasti dipped Avant Gardes. Also you came in here and brought up my wheel choice/weights, which I never said you were wrong about the weights. I actually gave the exact weight after you brought it up. All I said was I didn't want to spend the money on forged wheels and didn't mind the added weight.

For the third time, please go away if you don't have anything to contribute to my question about extended wheel bolts.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:30 PM

This coming from someone who plasti dipped Avant Gardes. Also you came in here and brought up my wheel choice/weights, which I never said you were wrong about the weights. I actually gave the exact weight after you brought it up. All I said was I didn't want to spend the money on forged wheels and didn't mind the added weight.

For the third time, please go away if you don't have anything to contribute to my question about extended wheel bolts.
Sorry that I plasti dipped my black rims black. I wanted to protect my rims from the coming winter. its called protecting my rims. If you read my post I said I'll powdercoated them after winter. If u want me to go away stop quoting me. I hope your sarcasm detector is going off.

Last edited by xjaymzzx; 10-24-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 PM

Sorry that I plasti dipped my black rims black. I wanted to protect my rims from the coming winter. its called protecting my rims. If you read my post I said I'll powdercoat them after winter. If u want me to go away stop quoting me. I hope your sarcasm detector is going off.

Wash it? Maybe? I've seen carwashes have heated piping/water so you'd be good!

Last edited by TheUniballer; 10-24-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:42 PM

Wash it? Maybe? I've seen carwashes have heated piping/water so you'd be good!
I hand wash (with 2 bucket method with grit guards) my car and rims (and spray wax) every week, wax every 4 months. The paint on avant garde is less then expected. Scratches easily. Don't want it to get scratched up before I powdercoat. I'm ocd like that lol. I refuse to even have any swirl marks also.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:59 PM

If you ever want to plasti dip (it's very underrated but I think it great) your rims to protect them for winter (obviously nothing will protect them if you curb your car), I would recommend waxing (or spray wax) all your plasti dip. It's a great way to keep them looking clean. It also keeps stuff like road grime off as well. And if you want a little shine on the plasti dipped rims, if you are going out. I use armor all tire shine. Other tire shines might eat away at plasti dip. Tire shine attracts road grime, so If you don't wash your car every week, I recommend only do it on special occasions. But road grime usually just rinses right off tho.

Or you can do what everybody else does and have a winter set and summer set of wheels and tires.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 c350
dat argument doe

work vsxx

19x8.5 et 24 215/35/19

19x9.5 et 32 225/35/19

Old 10-27-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Shakejunt33
dat argument doe

work vsxx

19x8.5 et 24 215/35/19

19x9.5 et 32 225/35/19

No lie. Two questions, 1) what window visors are those? 2) what side skirt/lips are those? Damn good looking car!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C300/STi
on stock suspension, what is the lowest offset I can run with a 265/30/19?

09 c300 4matic
Old 10-28-2014, 01:35 AM

2014 c350
<<<@!1!@>>>

thanks
window visors-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-C-class-W204-07-08-09-10-11-12-rain-guards-window-visors-shades-/271044088273?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1b7c91d1&vxp=mtr
and the side skirts are custom
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM

<<<@!1!@>>>

thanks
window visors-
Mercedes C Class W204 07 08 09 10 11 12 Rain Guards Window Visors Shades | eBay

and the side skirts are custom
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:00 PM

2012 C250
Thanks!
The window visors are very clean.. Look great!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:20 AM

2011, C300 4matic sport sedan
I see alot of hot offsets combos here. I was thinking this summer to put some 18x8,5ET45 all round on 2011 C300 with 225/40 tires. Not sure if I can pull that off with those sizes. Any idea if I can?

Last edited by C300AH; 11-02-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 M5 | 08 C300 (Sold)
I'm currently running 17' (stock) but I'm looking to get a new set soon. I have a set of 19" in mind but I'm not sure about the final numbers.... 8.5 / 9.5 are the width right? and what about offset? what do I use to figure out what offset I can run? I do have a luxury so the gap is a little bit bigger than sport.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM

2014 c350
Originally Posted by ickdeep
I'm currently running 17' (stock) but I'm looking to get a new set soon. I have a set of 19" in mind but I'm not sure about the final numbers.... 8.5 / 9.5 are the width right? and what about offset? what do I use to figure out what offset I can run? I do have a luxury so the gap is a little bit bigger than sport.
Yea 8.5 and 9.5 are the width that most people run, offset depends on what you like, the typical offset choice among most is 40's up front and 50's in the rear. These offsets the wheel is pretty sunk into the well if you want something that pokes more your going to want to look more into the 30's. It also depends if you are going to lower it.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C300/STi
Originally Posted by C300AH
I see alot of hot offsets combos here. I was thinking this summer to put some 18x8,5ET45 all round on 2011 C300 with 225/40 tires. Not sure if I can pull that off with those sizes. Any idea if I can?
Youll be fine. Not aggressive at all. In fact, I would suggest a staggered setup if possible, I find the square setup on these cars looks a bit funny.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 M5 | 08 C300 (Sold)
Yea 8.5 and 9.5 are the width that most people run, offset depends on what you like, the typical offset choice among most is 40's up front and 50's in the rear. These offsets the wheel is pretty sunk into the well if you want something that pokes more your going to want to look more into the 30's. It also depends if you are going to lower it.
So if I'm understanding this correctly. the lower the offset, the more it sticks out? I'm not planing on lowering the car anytime soon (atleast a year) but I do want the wheels to be like flush with the fender.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:52 PM

2010 c300 sport
would 19x8.5 et 40 front work with a 235/35/19 tire and 19x10 et 44 rear work with 265/30/19 tire? also lowered with either h&r sport or super sport
Old 11-25-2014, 10:27 PM

1986 560SL
Will these fit?

I have an 012 Sport and I bought a set of Ground Force GF07's from Need For Speed.

19 X 8.5 and 19 X 9.5. The ad was marked ET45's F&B.

Alex from Need 4 Speed claimed it was "mislabeled" and said it had to be ET40 F&B according to the wheel manufacturer to fit a W204.

I told him he was nuts and that I wanted 45 and 50 and he said I was wrong and not happening. I even referenced this thread as those specs are all over it and he's a sponsor.

He maintains "I'm wrong bro"...

Seems ET40 will be fine up front but ET40 in the back is too aggressive right? I want flush back there, no poke and no rub with 2 adults in the back seat. Will ET40 work back there with a 265 or 255?

Thoughts? Help!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: W204's and offsets of wheels