C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A2DP Bluetooth receiver for iPod/iPhone kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c250 cgi
Originally Posted by Cartronics
It should work in your car if it is an early 2010. If for some reason it did not, you can return it for a full refund.
It's a late 2010 car but I'm from Australia so I'm not sure of the difference between the models in America.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM

c250 cgi
So does this mean it won't work for my late 2010 C?
Old 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
it depends on if you have mmi+ (if it is regular mmi, it works fine) - we are working on a software workaround for the + systems
Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM

C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ICON 1
So based on your setup you are able to connect the A2DP transmitter via 3.5mm aux cable and not the ipod/iphone cable? I don't have the ipod/iphone kit in my c300 so if it can be connected via the aux connetion it would be great.
Would this work with the steering wheel connections without the Ipod/Iphone kit? Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question... I just ordered my car without the Ipod kit and would like to know if there is a way I can play through the BT wirelessly so I don't have to have my Iphone in the glove compartment or a huge wire hanging out of it.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:44 AM

c250 cgi
How do I tell whether I have the + or regular mmi? I have navigation n DVD feature.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

@bigkahuna168 - You would need to look at your sticker or invoice. There is not an outward way to tell.

@nbawla - you can get a Belkin or Sony adapter and wire it all up. It will only allow you to stream... no control or anything. You would need the iPod adapter to get any control.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Mercedes Benz ML350BT 2014
I had the Sprint one in my 2008 C350 initially the sound quality was not the greatest. Then I decided to upgrade the Ipod cable from the white connector to the black connector to be able to charge my Iphone 4, and it made a world of difference. I believe the adapter needs the 5V input from the black connector.
I upgraded recently to a E350 so I have for sale both the adapter and the new cable. Both are plug and play. PM me if interested.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by ICON 1
So based on your setup you are able to connect the A2DP transmitter via 3.5mm aux cable and not the ipod/iphone cable? I don't have the ipod/iphone kit in my c300 so if it can be connected via the aux connetion it would be great.
Correct, it is the blackberry A2DP transmitter than someone else posted a link to on the first page of this thread. It works great, no complaints here. Exactly what I was hoping for.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by jctevere
Correct, it is the blackberry A2DP transmitter than someone else posted a link to on the first page of this thread. It works great, no complaints here. Exactly what I was hoping for.
Thanks for confirming.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport
Got my A2DP receiver from Cartronics today. No instructions included but pairs with 0000 code. Plug and play. Can skip back and forward with the steering wheel controls. Pressing the phone pick up button on the right side of steering wheel brings up the options of Shuffle, playlists, podcasts, etc. However, selecting these options don't work -- I was playing a song and then I selected podcasts -- but the song kept playing. I switched to podcasts on my phone and then tried switching to songs on the steering wheel control -- but no change - podcast kept going. Hopefully, that will be correctable with a firmware.
B
Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We apologize if the instruction sheet was not included in your package. However, AVCRP profile calls for Track Forward and Back. It does not support changing modes etc. Those are functions on specific interfaces. When you press the phone button for instance, you are outside the normal ipod control functions. I know it may not make sense to some, but it some trickery that certain MB use to enhance functions that are outside the Bluetooth standard available in the AVCRP standard.
It is designed to control 'what you play' on the the device itself (with also being able to forward and back). The forward and back on the steering wheel should work in other apps that support AVCRP as well, such as Pandora.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport
Not an issue -- installing was dead simple -- plug and play.

So, MB uses non-standard way to control the mode changes -- figures...

Ba
Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM

2005 E320 CDI
How does the audio quality of these gadgets compare with the glovebox AUX input or the MB iPod kit?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have a streaming ability of 318kbps. So basically it is as good as the source. It is easy to overdrive the Aux input and get muddy sound, so in that respect it is better, as you can't overdrive streaming.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM

c250 cgi
Cartronics, have you finished working on the software upgrade to work on the + systems?

Cheers
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 AM

2009 C300
Ordered the any stream today. Hoping to use with rhapsody.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Turns out, no update is needed. It is an updated cable from Mercedes. A few of the cables they have out are not actually Apple compliant. They don't have all the wires in them, just the bare minimum. There is a new cable kit available, part numbers and details on our site on the Anystream order page.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
12 E350 Cabrio & 19 C300
Assume AnyStream works with any "Airplay" enabled app, right?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Airplay is slightly different than bluetooth streaming, but basically all Airplay enabled apps, can also bluetooth stream.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM

08 C300 Sport
Figured this was the best place to ask this.

What is the best option for someone with base radio and no iPod connector on an 08' to stream to the Aux jack with an iPhone/iTouch? Really want to go wireless from phone to the Aux jack but have not found a consensus for stream with iPhone. (If only it were so easy to just buy the option from Cartronics)

Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 06:17 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

However, as we explained to e_coup, elsewhere in these forums, several reviewers with the EXACT same car... it is working perfectly. This highlights the problem with some cars like a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes has continually come out with new part numbers AND software updates for the iPod systems in the cars... why? Because they are not always Apple compliant. If you will visit Mercedes Benz factory website, you will find many updates available for the cars. This is why we give several solutions to this problem. The Anystream is 100% compliant. e_coup, If you went and purchased a $800 iPad, it would not work in your car either without the updates or cables mentioned. So it is caveat emptor, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is because your car needs the updates or proper cables to work. One must be willing to take the steps necessary to bring the car into compliance with Apples specifications if you wish to use an iPad, Anystream, or future iOS5 device (as the new Apple iPhone operating system coming out next month won't work in your car either).
Within the cable kit part number we give on our site listed above is a USB cable. When used with the USB cable and any iPod cable that contains the AAC (Apple Authentication Chip), it forces a non Apple compliant system to be compliant. It is a simple solution to a compatibility problem.
However, like we said before, other reviewers on this site have the same car, same year, same cable, and it works fine. It is because they have different software in the car, and it is compliant. It can be a complicated matter to understand, but there are easy solutions to the problem.
PLUS, the Anystream does come with a 100% money back guarantee should you decide to try it and not want to take the steps necessary should it not work. Even in Cyprus, the ANystream only weighs 1 ounce (28 grams), and can be put in a normal letter and mailed back for very little cost. You can recover your investment should you want to. For the record, only 3 Anystreams have ever been returned (with a little over 500 sold so far) - and 98% of those have been sold in the US where they can be returned for under 50 cents.

Last edited by Cartronics; 09-13-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 AM

E coupe
Personal attacks are unnecessary and do not serve your cause

I was not going to respond to this but given the ad-hominem attacks I feel I must:

I didn't think I was being rude/aggressive. I am just telling other people my experience with your product in an honest way. This is the point of internet forums. People can then decide for themselves. Perhaps you can take this as an opportunity to 'fix' the issue, whatever it might be and then post back to let people know that you learnt from a bad experience that one of your customers unfortunately had and have addressed the problem.

The fact of the matter is that your website lists a specific part number which anystream 'works' with - in reality it does not. That is my experience. That is all I stated. I made it clear that we spoke and that you were polite. I also made it clear when we spoke that the solution was not palatable to me. Perhaps you need to alter the wording on the site. I did not mean to be rude and was not making a personal attack on you. As you said, other people have had success, I did not.

As for it 'being a complicated matter to understand' and your long winded reply to my post in general - well in my humble opinion I don't think that serves you very well as it sounds condescending and patronising.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

e_coup, I have retracted my statement. Sorry about that. I hope you can see I walk into my office at 6am here and have nearly a dozen posts by you. Not a nice way to start the day, over a simple misunderstanding. Again, we are not trying be condescending, but to help educate people that may not be as knowledgable on this topic.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 AM

E coupe
thank you for retracting the statement (for the record, it was something along the lines of "e_coup has posted this all over the forum, thats the kind of person he is").

The way I see it, I'm a customer that checked 'compatibility' based on the information you give. For me it didn't work. I can understand the problem of mercedes changing firmware/part numbers etc, however give a very specific part number on your site; perhaps you need to reconsider this. After reporting my experience in what (I felt) was an honest way, you decided to attempt to defame/disregard me with your now retracted statement.

If I do get a USB cable and try it out, I will definitely be posting replies here to let people know if it does/doesn't work. IMHO this is the point of internet forums - you are using it for advertising and more power to you + good luck with the product (if it had worked for me then it would be a relatively cheap solution to the problem and i'd have been very very happy), but you must be willing to accept negative reviews (especially honest ones) along with the positive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A2DP Bluetooth receiver for iPod/iPhone kit