C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Video playback formats?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Video playback formats?

So i was super excited to see that i can play videos through the command system, and assumed that i could access videos on my iphone/ipad/etc when plugged into the connector and selecting 'media device'. However upon trying this, none showed up. Obviously it plays DVDs (when stopped), but i was curious if its even possible to load videos off external devices, and if so, do they need to be a specific format? wmv/mp4/mkv/other? I can find no mention at all of video in the manual too....which i find very interesting....
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
u can only play videos off the actual command unit, and they have to be real dvd files, .vob mainly for video. I have the newest VIM box to enable video while driving, and I use it mainly for music videos on my custom system in my C, its awesome at car shows and when goin out. I did find that the DVD player is very picky, some mixdvds I bought online didnt play smoothly, I had to rip them and reburn them w high quality dvds like sony for example, and they play perfect. The generic discs will stutter here and there w a rip and burn. Store bought dvds play no problem, they never freeze or stutter. The module to enable video in motion is from midcityengineering u can find them searching here or online....