C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

BEST 2012 Style Side Mirror Puddle Wiring to Rear Dome Light INSTALLER I Found

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Exclamation BEST 2012 Style Side Mirror Puddle Wiring to Rear Dome Light INSTALLER I Found

Started drinking coffee again so I felt helpful this morning... Got this wiring mod done a while back....

I have seen a ton of posts from forum members either waiting to install or buy their 2012 style side mirror covers with LED puddle lights because they are waiting for a DIY on how to wire them properly so that the puddle lights fade/turn on cleanly when the car is unlocked with the key so you will be able to see that "puddle" underneath your car door at night before you get in...

Well, I think I am the only one here that had his wired to the rear dome light (note I chose the rear dome light since it is rarely used and won't turn on the puddle lights when use the more frequently used front dome light) because it is a difficult time consuming install and PITA just to get some measly puddle lights working properly...

Is it worth $200 to you to get it done right? And with the added bonus that the front door panels and headliner won't even have to get removed (all wiring done by simply unclipping door access panels and fishing wires through wire tunnel in door jamb and then tucking under the rubber trim until fishing wire through the rear of headliner into the rear dome light console)?

If it is and you are in the SO-CAL area, I would go to these guys near Downtown Los Angeles: http://www.yelp.com/biz/find-it-all-...eo-los-angeles

No- I don't work for these dudes or get any benefit for recommending them... I just thought it would be helpful to know of a "slam dunk" install opportunity where you know the guys have done the job before and that they wont F*ck up your car... We have all been there before... Hesitant to get a mod done to our W204 because we are not sure there is a local shop that will do it right...

Takes about 1.5 hours of labor with 2 of their top installers working on the car at the same time (1 on each side = equivalent of 3 hours labor with 1 guy working)...

I think $200 is worth it for those of us that are super **** and like everything functioning properly but don't have time/access/knowledge to DIY wiring type things...

Also something cool I found out is that the light only turns on at night (when you obviously need it) because there is a light sensor on the underside of the mirror cover! Pretty sweet little bonus because I did not expect this...

You can get the mirror covers for around $139 shipped on eBay in most colors to match your factory color if you search "w204 mirror cover".

Think its a pretty sweet upgrade for those of you with 2008's and 2009's that makes the car look more modern...

Post some lighting videos here if you end up getting it done!

Last edited by rb23lb; 02-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
Has anyone found the module that rear dome connects to? surely there is a connection in the dash. I refuse to run wire to the back of the car when the dome light circuit originates in the front of the car. it is just redundant fishing wire to the physical rear dome light location
Old 02-23-2012, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by blue00r6
Has anyone found the module that rear dome connects to? surely there is a connection in the dash. I refuse to run wire to the back of the car when the dome light circuit originates in the front of the car. it is just redundant fishing wire to the physical rear dome light location
I agree... redundant... I wish someone knew/posted an easier way... but I got tired of waiting and this works perfect

but in the end I was happy that they were able to run the wires all the way back without removing any door panels/headiner and just had to pull down the rubber trim and fish through the pass through points...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDI 220 Sport
Has anyone managed to wire the puddle lights into the rear dome?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 PM

'10 C300
any pics installed?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 PM

c220
I wired mine from the front dome using the rears domes power supply they are linked togeather
can't recall which colour wires it was but if anybody needs the info let me know ill open her and find out
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM

CDI 220 Sport
Can you let me know the colour cable used please.

Thansk