C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bagged W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
That's gonna be a hard setup.

Show pictures once its done !
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
Originally Posted by KyngArthur
True! I just thought the highest setting was still lower than coilovers. Guess I cant knock them till I try them.

BTW your car looks excellent.
My highest setting is a tad bit lower than stock suspension. If I adjusted the struts higher then I could be higher than stock suspension. I never in mind thought I would have gotten air suspension but look where I am now.

Appreciate the kind words

The idea of airbags were cool to me back when I was in high school and had my first car, spent countless thousands of dollars modding it with a body kit, a paint job, pointless engine mods that didn't do anything and hung out with the Honda crowd. This was also back in 2002-2004. Then I grew up.
Getting air suspension has nothing to do with age or maturity nor does it have to do with the make or model. I know plenty of older enthusiasts who does air rides their cars ranging from old school to new school.

Airbags don't belong on a Benz, unless it's going to be a dedicated show car, and even then, what's the point? For starters, I don't like the "slammed" or "tucked" look. I think it looks retarded. Don't get me wrong, I am all for having no wheel gap. To me a fingers width between fender and tire and lining up flush with the side of the car/outer part of the fender is perfect. Tucking your wheel so far up into the fender that you can't see your tire is flat out ugly and screams "rice" to me.
Rice is nothing but a term made up because there was a time when a whole bunch of people owning Hondas with loud exhausts decided to think they were "racers".

EDIT: And no offense, but I think that black car looks ridiculous. When your back wheel tucks so far into your fender your wheel wont spin because your car is literally sitting on your tire, that's neither practical nor does it look good. Your wheel isn't supposed to have that much negative camber. I just don't understand the thought process behind trying to go as low as you can. Explain to me how that looks good?

I expect such things from an Accord, but not a Benz
That black car is mine and you're not the first not to like the look but that is okay.

Practical? Of course not, its airred down for show. Raised up when I want the wheel to spin

I can't explain to you how it looks good because it is like what you wrote in your first paragraph, "It's just personal preference.".

I expect such things from an Accord, but not a Benz
Why? Do Mercedes owners have different standards when it comes to modifying cars? Doesn't make sense to me. Might as well tell Mercedes to take the stock air suspensions out from some of their higher end class models.

I'm not arguing or attacking your ideas or opinions. Just putting my .02 cents.

Last edited by itsLoonie; 08-15-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by itsLoonie
Getting air suspension has nothing to do with age or maturity nor does it have to do with the make or model. I know plenty of older enthusiasts who does air rides their cars ranging from old school to new school.
Sure it does. Whenever there is a "bagged" car, you think they are doing it for practicality/performance? They do it for attention which is childish and stupid. Every time I see a bagged car It looks like a stereotypical "ghetto" vehicle.

Us Mercedes-Benz owners like to have class and show class. Removing the luxury definition from Mercedes-Benz and making it look like a lowered Honda shows that you desperately need attention.

If you are going to do it, which I highly do not recommend at least keep it on the 2Jz cars and not luxury sport sedans. That is why us Mercedes-Benz owners get disappointed when people do this to their Mercedes', and yes there is certain cars to do it on, one of which is not Mercedes'. This example is almost like seeing a Ferrari Enzo bagged, in which has never happened. Why would you want to do it anyway?

I see all negatives and no positives:

The ride is rough,
Can't go over speed bumps,
You have to watch out for every dip in the road.
Can't go out in the rain.
Also, what if the "bag" accidentally lowers itself on the highway? You put yourself at risk and every other motorist. That is why your insurance gets voided when people "lower" their cars or add "lowering" options to it. Why pay for insurance? If you won't be covered anyway in an accident, even if you are at fault, since you voided it. Same thing with illegal tint, but we won't go on that subject at the moment.
Lawyers can simply use, "he was lowered, he could not see him approaching."

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-15-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 MB C350
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Sure it does. Whenever there is a "bagged" car, you think they are doing it for practicality/performance? They do it for attention which is childish and stupid. Every time I see a bagged car It looks like a stereotypical "ghetto" vehicle.

Us Mercedes-Benz owners like to have class and show class. Removing the luxury definition from Mercedes-Benz and making it look like a lowered Honda shows that you desperately need attention.

If you are going to do it, which I highly do not recommend at least keep it on the 2Jz cars and not luxury sport sedans. That is why us Mercedes-Benz owners get disappointed when people do this to their Mercedes', and yes there is certain cars to do it on, one of which is not Mercedes'. This example is almost like seeing a Ferrari Enzo bagged, in which has never happened. Why would you want to do it anyway?

The ride is rough,
Also, what if the "bag" accidentally lowers itself on the highway? You put yourself at risk and every other motorist. That is why your insurance gets voided when people "lower" their cars or add "lowering" options to it. Why pay for insurance? If you won't be covered anyway in an accident, even if you are at fault, since you voided it. Same thing with illegal tint, but we won't go on that subject at the moment.
Wow. "Us Mercedes-Benz owners like to have class and show class"
***** PLEASE! YOU DRIVE A DAMN C-CLASS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c350 sport

The ride is rough,
ITS A C CLASS...not some super expensive high end sports car...doesnt even come close. who cares....and most honda owners dont bag there cars...just saying... also.... who cares if bags are for attention what in life isnt lol i love reading the ignorant hate posts on mbworld lol. i swear BMW and LEXUS aftermarket community is so much better and they dont think so high of themselves especially when there in the cheapest mercedes.........w204_generic if you want a plain w204 that no one really cares about thats your opinion. all i gotta say is im damn sure itsloonie is a TRUE CAR ENTHUSIAST

im bagged
my ride is better than stock.
i dont have to watch out for every dip in the road
i can go in the rain
the bag doesnt lower itself...unless i have some insane leaking problem....but thats like saying...what if your tire deflates....same ****

also your probably one of those people that think this is ugly..

Old 08-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
Originally Posted by FAneek
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME
Old 08-15-2014, 11:19 AM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
Originally Posted by KyngArthur
True! I just thought the highest setting was still lower than coilovers. Guess I cant knock them till I try them.

BTW your car looks excellent.

my car fully aired up can be higher than stock LOL i was driving super low static for 2 years....and i got bags this year and it was the best decision ive ever made!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 MB C350
This is gonna be one of the best thread ever! thanks OP
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Before you post unrelated comments think about what you are going to say, instead of just typing

You pretty much just stated that you show no appreciation to your car, since apparently it is only a "C-Class." C-Class variant of Mercedes-Benz start at $40,000, soon to raise due to the next generation model W205. So, for you to say it is only a C-Class, I advise you take your hatred elsewhere as you are posting in a C-Class Sub-Forum....Some people would love to own one.

Also, notice how I said in quote:
Us Mercedes-Benz owners like to have class and show class
How do you know what other Mercedes-Benz I drive? Notice how I never said the C-Class specifically, but the Mercedes-Benz brand in general? Who are you to justify the fact that I only drive a C-Class and it is just a C-Class?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by EuroJDMBenzo
ITS A C CLASS...not some super expensive high end sports car...doesnt even come close. who cares.
Great observation, I am pretty sure everyone is very well aware our Mercedes is a C-Class, which is more expensive than most everyday cars you see everyday on the street. Why would you denounce your own car like that? Honestly...makes no sense.

most honda owners dont bag there cars...just saying...
This post is beyond ridiculous. Why is there different forums specifically for bagged Hondas and Acuras? I do not see a forum specifically for the W204 on "baggs?" I honestly want to know why? They save the "lowered" look for cars of lesser value, in which case you are trying to turn your W204 in.

who cares if bags are for attention what in life isnt lol i love reading the ignorant hate posts on mbworld lol. i swear BMW and LEXUS aftermarket community is so much better and they dont think so high of themselves especially when there in the cheapest mercedes.........w204_generic if you want a plain w204 that no one really cares about thats your opinion. all i gotta say is im damn sure itsloonie is a TRUE CAR ENTHUSIAST

You love to come up to assumptions once again. When did I say my car was plain?
When did I say I physically like the look of a "stock" W204?
In case you did not realize,for some apparent reason, before you begin to conclude, we were specifically talking about how a lowered/bagged car influences hate on a Mercedes, not other modifications.
I never said my car was stock? Get the facts before you ramble.

im bagged
my ride is better than stock.
i dont have to watch out for every dip in the road
i can go in the rain
the bag doesnt lower itself...unless i have some insane leaking problem....but thats like saying...what if your tire deflates....same ****

also your probably one of those people that think this is ugly..

They key to your theory is you THINK you can drive in these conditions. Why else would lowering a car be illegal in almost every State? It ruins the safety aspects of the car.

You can't go over Speed bumps
Placebo affect if you actually think ride is better than stock on a LOWERED car, where you feel almost every bump.
You may be able to drive in the rain, but what about small floods? You hit a flood, you are pretty much done.
You will waterlock easier
Intake is lower to the ground
The water pressure, can cause aesthetic damage more easily.

About the bag lowering itself, you increase your risk of an accident just because you had to look childish and say, "LMAO look, my car is lowered!"
If you never "bagged" your car in the first place, you would not even have to worry about the risk of the "baggs" deflating, which is just another safety hazard to other motorists, which is why once again, is illegal, just because of your stupidity.

I sure hope you have a nice savings account, because when you get sued from an accident you will be sorry you ever even did this, because trust me, even if you are at fault, they can win with the use of excuses, "I could not see the other motorist due to his modified ride height." Plus the illegality of it. Insurance will also be voided, so if you happen to get in an accident, get ready to pay out of pocket.

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-15-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport

i dont feel any bumps...my car is floaty ...more like of an S550
my ride height can be stock if i wanted too..so small floods dont mean anything
and i did see the Liberty walk 458 in person LOLOL it looks more amazing.
and ive been into about 4 accidents...with my c class...and not one lawyer/police officer/person in accident make any comment on my car being lowered....so.................................yeah LOLLLL...and the only one here making assumptions is you...ive driven a stock w204...and a bagged w204 so if anybody were to listen to anyone...it would be me.

also if my bags lower itself(which never happens and i dont even worry about that) i have compressors for a reason right? LOLL

BACK TO TOPIC

IF ANYBODY IS PLANNING TO LOWER THERE W204! I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest AIR SUSPENSION. plus coilovers doesnt go that low on our car so might as well save your money.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:41 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
i dont feel any bumps...my car is floaty ...more like of an S550
Like I said, this would be known as the placebo effect. Obviously you are not going to bash your own modification.
That would be like me bashing the new headlights I got.
Also, "Any" is a broad term, of course you feel bumps, which are more intense of course.

my ride height can be stock if i wanted too..so small floods dont mean anything
Why don't you keep stock ride height if that's the case? Why be bagged if you have to raise your car to stock height in rain, bumpy roads, speed-tables....etc...?

and i did see the Liberty walk 458 in person LOLOL it looks more amazing.
Opinions make the world evolve, thus I don't have to elaborate on this. I think it looks cheap in person visually; very well in the picture.

and ive been into about 4 accidents...with my c class...and not one lawyer/police officer/person in accident make any comment on my car being lowered....so.................................yeah LOLLLL.
So that explains it....I can tell by your figurative speech that you are most likely in the age of the teenage, which means you are an inexperienced driver. Care to explain who was at fault in these "supposed" four accidents?
According to you, if I am not mistaken, you said you can "raise" the ride height to "stock;" is that what you did after the accidents occurred? To void the laws?

and the only one here making assumptions is you...ive driven a stock w204...and a bagged w204 so if anybody were to listen to anyone...it would be me.
How have I made assumptions? I am listing facts for the greater cause of this thread, before someone commits to the immaturity and illegality of a lowered, "bagged," car.

also if my bags lower itself(which never happens and i dont even worry about that) i have compressors for a reason right? LOLL
To my knowledge, compressors have to "warm-up" to add air to the bags, correct? If the "baggs" happen to deflate themselves on the highway fully, the reaction time to inflate and react would be slim-to-none, thus a potential accident. Would this be one of the four accidents?

Ayways, I believe I made my point and hope you understand the dangers of a lowered car. I will not be posting anymore to make my point even more clear.

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-15-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
Like I said, this would be known as the placebo effect. Obviously you are not going to bash your own modification.
That would be like me bashing the new headlights I got.
Also, "Any" is a broad term, of course you feel bumps, which are more intense of course.

Why don't you keep stock ride height if that's the case? Why be bagged if you have to raise your car to stock height in rain, bumpy roads, speed-tables....etc...?

Opinions make the world evolve, thus I don't have to elaborate on this. I think it looks cheap in person visually; very well in the picture.

So that explains it....I can tell by your figurative speech that you are most likely in the age of the teenage, which means you are an inexperienced driver. Care to explain who was at fault in these "supposed" four accidents?
According to you, if I am not mistaken, you said you can "raise" the ride height to "stock;" is that what you did after the accidents occurred? To void the laws?

How have I made assumptions? I am listing facts for the greater cause of this thread, before someone commits to the immaturity and illegality of a lowered, "bagged," car.

To my knowledge, compressors have to "warm-up" to add air to the bags, correct? If the "baggs" happen to deflate themselves on the highway fully, the reaction time to inflate and react would be slim-to-none, thus a potential accident. Would this be one of the four accidents?

Ayways, I believe I made my point and hope you understand the dangers of a lowered car. I will not be posting anymore to make my point even more clear.

hmm...so much things to reply too...

im bagged because its practical and i like cars with stance and fitment.
im 21. my age doesnt matter. i just find your replies humorous. all my accidents werent any of my fault...so there you going assuming again.
compressors dont have to warm up. its immediate. the time it takes to fully fill my tank is 3-4min
lowered cars are legal in california as long as your sideskirt doesnt sit lower than the bottom of your wheel lip.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM

2008 C300 Sport 6M

The ride is rough,
Pretentious
Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport

hmm...so much things to reply too...

im bagged because its practical and i like cars with stance and fitment.
im 21. my age doesnt matter. i just find your replies humorous. all my accidents werent any of my fault...so there you going assuming again.
compressors dont have to warm up. its immediate. the time it takes to fully fill my tank is 3-4min
lowered cars are legal in california as long as your sideskirt doesnt sit lower than the bottom of your wheel lip.
I advise you look at the laws you are in violation of, again:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24400.htm

As well as this:

California Car height laws:

1. 24008. It is unlawful to operate any passenger vehicle, or commercial vehicle under 6,000 pounds, which has been modified from the original design so that any portion of the vehicle, other than the wheels, has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway than the clearance between the roadway and the lowermost portion of any rim of any wheel in contact with the roadway.

Amended Ch. 462, Stats. 1984. Effective January 1, 1985.

2. Frame and Floor Height

24008.5. (a) No person shall operate any motor vehicle with a*frame*height*or*body floorheight greater than specified in subdivisions (b) and (c).

(b) The maximum*frame*height*is as follows:*
[This table lists the maximum*frame height*for various types of vehicles.] *
Vehicle Type*Frame Height*

(1) Passenger vehicles, except housecars 23 inches

(2) All other motor vehicles, including housecars, as follows:
Up to 4,500 pounds GVWR 27 inches
4,501 to 7,500 pounds GVWR 30 inches
7,501 to 10,000 pounds GVWR 31 inches

(c) The lowest portion of the*body*floor*shall not be more than five inches above the top of the frame.

(d) The following definitions govern the construction of this section:

(1) "Frame" means the main longitudinal structural members of the chassis of the vehicle or, for vehicles with unitized body construction, the lowest main longitudinal structural members of the body of the vehicle.

(2) "Frame*height" means the vertical distance between the ground and the lowest point on the frame, measured when the vehicle is unladen on a level surface at the lowest point on the frame midway between the front axle and the second axle on the vehicle.

(3) "GVWR" means the manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating, as defined in Section 390, whether or not the vehicle is modified by use of parts not originally installed by the manufacturer.

* The bracketed information has been added editorially to meet accessibility requirements and is not part of statute.

Amended Ch. 718, Stats. 1987. Effective January 1, 1988.

3. Depending on the state that you live in the laws will vary. In most cases I don't believe there is a minimum ground clearance, however I believe your headlights must be 21 or 22 inches from the ground.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
im on air suspension...arguement is invalid im sorry.

plus big deal... exhaust work is illegal and tint is illegal too... who cares all in all its only a $25 fix it ticket lol big deal

dude...your trying too hard right now.... im honestly just really bored and cant sleep

Last edited by EuroJDMBenzo; 08-15-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:26 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
im on air suspension...arguement is invalid im sorry.

plus big deal... exhaust work is illegal and tint is illegal too... who cares all in all its only a $25 fix it ticket lol big deal

dude...your trying too hard right now.... im honestly just really bored and cant sleep
So are you trying to say that since you have an air suspension you use stock ride height since it's legal. Why have a "bagged' car then if you cannot even use it? Makes no sense to me at all.

Exhaust and tint are not illegal if you follow your state laws.
Cat-Back exhaust with a specific decibel volume- Legal
Tint film obeying your State's percentage of darkness allowed- Legal.

How am I trying to hard? By all means, you are trying to hard relating illegality to tint and exhaust trying to avoid the real argument here. I have yet to see a valid counter-argument from you about the practicality of a "bagged" car.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:33 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
So are you trying to say that since you have an air suspension you use stock ride height since it's legal. Why have a "bagged' car then if you cannot even use it? Makes no sense to me at all.

Exhaust and tint are not illegal if you follow your state laws.
Cat-Back exhaust with a specific decibel volume- Legal
Tint film obeying your State's percentage of darkness allowed- Legal.

How am I trying to hard? By all means, you are trying to hard relating illegality to tint and exhaust trying to avoid the real argument here. I have yet to see a valid counter-argument from you about the practicality of a "bagged" car.
please reread everything again and you will find practicality ...and i can drive like a stock car...and park slammed....thats the reason for being on air suspension........................................ ....................i dont have to drive extremely low.... no its common sense what your trying to say having your car too low is illegal...is the same thing as me telling someone your tint is illegal. no difference. LOL...
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM

2011 C300 4MATIC

The ride is rough,
One of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on MBWorld
Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 PM

e430

The ride is rough,
I dont even own a benz but I made an account just to let everyone know this guy is a huge ****** that is only upset cause he can't afford bags
Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
When I see a bagged car I don't think they are doing it for attention, but that is your opinion versus mine. I'm not doing it for attention. I did it because I love bags rather than regular coilovers but I still love both. I think it is more practical than having to drive low all the time on coilovers because I have the power of a button/switch. Also, when you see a bagged car and think its ghetto you are being just that, a stereotype but you have the right to.

I wasn't trying to bash on anybody's opinion on their view of bagged cars. I was trying to be "mature" and write our views on them. Can't seem to do that now a days

"To each their own."
Old 08-15-2014, 01:41 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport

please reread everything again and you will find practicality ...and i can drive like a stock car...and park slammed....thats the reason for being on air suspension........................................ ....................i dont have to drive extremely low.... no its common sense what your trying to say having your car too low is illegal...is the same thing as me telling someone your tint is illegal. no difference. LOL...
Like I said I posted information about bagged/lowered cars.
Opinions make the world evolve.
You like it, I don't like it due to the risk and illegality.
I don't see the point of spending the money to have something lowered only when parked.
My view on lowered/bagged cars.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:44 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by baggedgs300

I dont even own a benz but I made an account just to let everyone know this guy is a huge ****** that is only upset cause he can't afford bags
This just shows your mentality and life goals.
Go back to your Honda forums, and cry when you realize stock OEM Mercedes wheels are more than your bags and car combined.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by aamirani

One of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on MBWorld
I find this post quite ironic as you are the one ignorant to actually justify someone's elses post being ignorant.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:47 PM

2011 C300 4MATIC
I find this post quite ironic as you are the one ignorant to actually justify someone's elses post being ignorant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bagged W204