C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bagged W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by itsLoonie

When I see a bagged car I don't think they are doing it for attention, but that is your opinion versus mine. I'm not doing it for attention. I did it because I love bags rather than regular coilovers but I still love both. I think it is more practical than having to drive low all the time on coilovers because I have the power of a button/switch. Also, when you see a bagged car and think its ghetto you are being just that, a stereotype but you have the right to.

I wasn't trying to bash on anybody's opinion on their view of bagged cars. I was trying to be "mature" and write our views on them. Can't seem to do that now a days

"To each their own."
If this is true I apologize for ranting.
To me it appeared as if you were bashing people's opinions on "bagged"
Therefore I decided to ramble on about an air suspension.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c350 sport
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
This just shows your mentality and life goals.
Go back to your Honda forums, and cry when you realize stock OEM Mercedes wheels are more than your bags and car combined.
i found a set of 17'' AMG c350 wheels for 400 a set.... authentic
my bags were 3k....and my wheels were $2300 used they retail $1100 each brand new lol

Originally Posted by aamirani
agreed.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM

e430
This just shows your mentality and life goals.
Go back to your Honda forums, and cry when you realize stock OEM Mercedes wheels are more than your bags and car combined.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:55 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by EuroJDMBenzo

i found a set of 17'' AMG c350 wheels for 400 a set.... authentic
my bags were 3k....and my wheels were $2300 used they retail $1100 each brand new lol

agreed.
Yeah used of course. Go to the MB dealership, they will cost around $8,000.
Go to an MSRP Mercedes retailer online, brand new wheels cost $2-3 thousand. Don't forget tires.

I like how you specify your wheel prices but not how the AMG wheels are used. I would also like a link to that.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:58 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by baggedgs300
More Gibberish
Apparently you care, since you had to make an account just to call someone a "******," and post twice on a Forum that doesn't even involve your car.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
if you were to buy oem mercedes wheels for $8,000 your something special.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by EuroJDMBenzo
if you were to buy oem mercedes wheels for $8,000 your something special.
I agree.
Where is the link to the $400 wheels?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
If this is true I apologize for ranting.
To me it appeared as if you were bashing people's opinions on "bagged"
Therefore I decided to ramble on about an air suspension.
I'll accept your apology but I never have the intentions of starting an argument in this manner.

By the way I'm not trying to "bag" on you but you didn't show much "class" by bashing bagged cars as you defined what Mercedes owners like to have. Again trying to start something, just poking fun at something you said.

Oh, here is a bagged Mini Cooper on the track. I realize its a track car in a different environment but hey its bagged. It has polled in position before as well.

LOL TAM. Ya'll doing too much! Should have never escalated this far as it has. Stop feeding the fire!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:13 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by squidward
Gibberish
Did someone post this thread on the Honda Forums?
Second person to make an account and post "******."
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
LOOOOOOL okay luan
Old 08-15-2014, 02:20 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by squidward
shut the ***** up u h0t d0g bxtch
I guessed correctly...:

Bagged W204-hyj132v.png
Old 09-10-2014, 02:32 AM

2014 c350

They key to your theory is you THINK you can drive in these conditions. Why else would lowering a car be illegal in almost every State? It ruins the safety aspects of the car.

You can't go over Speed bumps
Placebo affect if you actually think ride is better than stock on a LOWERED car, where you feel almost every bump.
You may be able to drive in the rain, but what about small floods? You hit a flood, you are pretty much done.
You will waterlock easier
Intake is lower to the ground
The water pressure, can cause aesthetic damage more easily.

About the bag lowering itself, you increase your risk of an accident just because you had to look childish and say, "LMAO look, my car is lowered!"
If you never "bagged" your car in the first place, you would not even have to worry about the risk of the "baggs" deflating, which is just another safety hazard to other motorists, which is why once again, is illegal, just because of your stupidity.

I sure hope you have a nice savings account, because when you get sued from an accident you will be sorry you ever even did this, because trust me, even if you are at fault, they can win with the use of excuses, "I could not see the other motorist due to his modified ride height." Plus the illegality of it. Insurance will also be voided, so if you happen to get in an accident, get ready to pay out of pocket.
I feel like you still don't understand that bags raise If he sees a "small flood" he pushes a button and boom magic the car is raised. I broke that down easily for you since you still continue to make points about the car being too low and dangerous, when people continually tell you that the car can be raised back to stock height. And in some ways bags do ride better than stock, granted you buy a proper kit, but since you clearly have just a biased non researched opinion you would not know that. I don't know why you would come into a forum about bags just to hate on it and express your ridiculous opinion, which you could of left to yourself, but clearly anti bags is something that you are very passionate about Also just so you know a lot of the high end luxury cars that "classy" people drive such as lamborghini's and even some higher end mercedes come with stock air suspension so please give up on your opinion, because you probably are the kind of guy who would over one of those cars because they are super uber duper "classy"
Old 09-17-2014, 02:08 PM

2010 C300 4MATIC
It's hilarious this thread is still around. I sold the car before install was finished, I've owned 2 BMWs since that car, yet this thread is alive and kicking. Hahahaha. Awesome.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:38 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Shakejunt33

I feel like you still don't understand that bags raise If he sees a "small flood" he pushes a button and boom magic the car is raised. I broke that down easily for you since you still continue to make points about the car being too low and dangerous, when people continually tell you that the car can be raised back to stock height. And in some ways bags do ride better than stock, granted you buy a proper kit, but since you clearly have just a biased non researched opinion you would not know that. I don't know why you would come into a forum about bags just to hate on it and express your ridiculous opinion, which you could of left to yourself, but clearly anti bags is something that you are very passionate about Also just so you know a lot of the high end luxury cars that "classy" people drive such as lamborghini's and even some higher end mercedes come with stock air suspension so please give up on your opinion, because you probably are the kind of guy who would over one of those cars because they are super uber duper "classy"
I lol'd apparently you didn't read what I explained. Also, why revive a dead thread?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM

'04 E55 AMG
Dude, this was one of THE most entertaining and hilarious threads I've read through in a while. And I only came on this morning to look at other people's accuair set ups haha. I think there's way too much hate going on for a benz forum LOL. I was just at socal euro and out of like 2k cars our benz section was blackballed into the corner NO love. I think we have to start loving ourselves before everyone starts to love us LOL.

Honestly, I believe the few people that are against the bags aren't properly educated on it. Air suspension has been around for a long time and it's gotten significantly better in the last few years. For me I have accuair which lets me have 3 preset settings and then a dump button. setting 3 is a highest setting for me which is about the height of the stock suspension. 2, is about where I had it lowered on stock links. 1, is when I want to act like a d bag and cruise into a parking lot at 20 MPH holding up traffic.

You can't just stereotype the people that are converting to air as "ghetto, childish, or wanting attention." For ME, personally, I'll grant you the childish and wanting attention part, I cant speak for everyone else LOL. I would be lying if part of me didn't do this because I want to hit the switches on the b*****s! But if you meet me in person, I am far from ghetto. 30 year old kid, yes. Ghetto, no lol. But the main reason why I did it is because I don't like to ride dumped static. Going over bumps side ways, pissing people the F off over dips. I love my quality of my ride without having to do all that extra stuff, so I invested in a few buttons. Let's be real here guys, we all mod our cars to get looks. I appreciate a modded car no matter what it looks like, it's that persons art. The reason why you don't see bagged Ferraris or Lambos because it's 50-60 year old, old farts driving it, do you think they bought it for the luxury. HAH, I bet you money, they bought it to say, "hey, look at me, I have more money than you sucka, eat it."

However, if you still feel that it's ghetto and childish. You should also go talk to MB about it. Someone obviously thought raising the car and dropping the car at will was a bright idea. Take it from me. I had a 215 with ABC, then a 221 with air, and now this 211 with accuair converted from stock airmatic. I won't lie the ABC was the best ride quality I ever had but accuair ride quality for me is ALMOST on par with the stock. Either way, bagged or not you better have a rainy day savings account. Because if stock air or abc go out, you're spending much over what you would pay for an accuair set up. Whether the stock air bag pops or my accuair bag pops, I'll still be on the side of the road all the same, calling AAA. Only difference is I'm paying $125-150 per bag instead of $900 per strut and then the ridiculous hours you have to pay for labor ;]

As far as the legality of it and it not being covered by insurance, etc. I bagged 10 year old car a month ago, went into MBSD and put it on the frames going in for warranty work. Turned a few heads like I wanted to. They fixed my rear main seal, transmission & motor mounts, and valve cover gaskets. NOT ONE question was asked that day, except for how does it ride?

Sorry reviving the old thread! But I love everyone's cars on here all the same Air or Not.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:44 PM

2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
Well said baekim22. and beautiful Benz!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:30 AM

Mercedes benz c350 sport
so gorgeous :O
Old 04-28-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C63s | 2009 C63 | 2009 GTR | 2012 Escalade ESV | 2006 Gallardo
Did this build ever get done? I am trying to obtain info right now with bagging my 4matic.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:48 AM
FFM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Audi R8
Thanks for the bump, that was 4 pages of quite the **** show lol.

And to stir the pot, yes I find the majority of the LW cars to be obnoxious since they generally ruin the factory performance of the vehicle in order to fill those massive fenders with oversized wheels :P

Not sayin it doesn't look cool, but no a masterpiece that is a 458 doesn't need a wide body kit lol.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 E350
I know this thread is old but I don't get whats not classy about a benz on air... Itsloonie dope setup is it 4matic or rwd? btw here's mine
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 E350