C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Kleeman ECU tune, 3.5L C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 GLC63
I have been keeping my eye on this thread for a long time now. I am also patiently awaiting these dyno results.

I know the power the C350 M276 version makes. I have a 2014 C300, considering the results of the Kleemans tuned dyno graph I may be in the market to jump at this tuning. However if the results are bleek at best then I will pass and purchase a more powerful turbo'd C450 which should respond allot better to tuning when my lease is up in 2 more years. $1200 could go towards my down payment! but if Kleemans is not stretching the truth and they really can free up 330 hp then I may have to jump at the tune. Then we will just keep my car for my wife and I will get the C450 when she trades hers in next year.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
You'll not have to wait long. Shipped the ECU today. Kleemann tends to ship back the same day the get it, but I'm up in Canada and Wednesday is a stat holiday. So I'll have to wait for Thursday sadly.
I'm booked in on Tuesday next week for a dyno run. Stay tuned...I hope to be able to lay to rest any misgivings. One way or another.
Thoughts and impressions Thursday evening...hard proof next week.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 PM
FFM

Audi R8
Awesome! Thanks for doing this.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by genesisknight
You'll not have to wait long. Shipped the ECU today. Kleemann tends to ship back the same day the get it, but I'm up in Canada and Wednesday is a stat holiday. So I'll have to wait for Thursday sadly.
I'm booked in on Tuesday next week for a dyno run. Stay tuned...I hope to be able to lay to rest any misgivings. One way or another.
Thoughts and impressions Thursday evening...hard proof next week.
DONT MESS WITH MY HEART GENESISKNIGHT. this ecu tune thread is like a bad breakup, keeps returning to break my heart!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by xjaymzzx
DONT MESS WITH MY HEART GENESISKNIGHT. this ecu tune thread is like a bad breakup, keeps returning to break my heart!
Jaymzz...I'll not let you our my other fellow enthusiasts down.
I'm skeptically optimistic, but willing to give it a go. I can understand Kleemann not posting up anything as their posts would be questioned for authenticity regardless of their numbers good or bad...lol...but I can't leave my car well enough alone any longer.
When I post results next Tuesday, anyone can come check my car. There has been nothing done to it at all. Just regular maintenance and nothing less than 91 octane.

I've got a road trip from Calgary, AB to San Diego and Vegas next month...you know I've got to enjoy that west coast road any way I can! I wanted to go through Colorado as well and get it done at the source...but sadly, the time just wasn't available..and I would have to wait until I got there...lol

I wonder if they get it completed tomorrow, could I convince them to put it on a commercial flight instead of FedEx or something...hmmmmm...
Yes...I'm exceedingly impatient when I know something awesome is coming...hehe
Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 AM
FFM

Audi R8
If the results turn out to be as claimed then I think quite a few of us would jump on board. Could definitely use a nice power bump for the summer
Old 06-30-2015, 11:09 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by FFM
If the results turn out to be as claimed then I think quite a few of us would jump on board. Could definitely use a nice power bump for the summer
My error is not finding a dyno soon enough, and my spontaneous nature just deciding to yank the ECU and send it off before having a baseline done to compare against.
I've found another AWD dyno in my city, so I will actually be running two different sets on two different dyno's...should give us a better indicator. We'll have to just compare it against the posted stock stats of 248hp and 251 lb-ft.

I have to give it up to Cory at Kleemann already. He's been super informative and has already given me some tips to get ready and how to run the dyno when the time comes. Looking forward to getting this thing going!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:34 AM

2019 GLC63
My error is not finding a dyno soon enough, and my spontaneous nature just deciding to yank the ECU and send it off before having a baseline done to compare against.
I've found another AWD dyno in my city, so I will actually be running two different sets on two different dyno's...should give us a better indicator. We'll have to just compare it against the posted stock stats of 248hp and 251 lb-ft.

I have to give it up to Cory at Kleemann already. He's been super informative and has already given me some tips to get ready and how to run the dyno when the time comes. Looking forward to getting this thing going!
I have heard that with German vehicles the driveline has less parsitic loss than the age old "15%"

Even if we use 10% to be conservative that would be about 30hp lost.

We in all reality should see close to 295 - 300hp at the wheels with this tune. 93 octane air filter.. I would not see why those numbers should not be achievable based on the 330hp claim of kleemans.

based on the 2013 C300 dyno on page 10, that owner was seeing a 12% parasitic loss.

With that in mind and the numbers that Kleemans is claiming 330 - 12% = 290.4 whp

If the numbers are 260 - 270 then something is not right. IMO

Last edited by 2014c300; 06-30-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:46 PM

2017 C43 sedan
So this is just becoming a comedy of errors...but I'm hoping my timeline will still stand regardless thanks to tomorrow being a Canadian stat holiday...
Turns out that Priority Post / Overnight delivery still heads over to the Memphis, TN distribution center before heading to Colorado. And just my luck, not only was I woken up last night by a thunderstorm...apparently Memphis got slammed last night as well which has delayed all of FedEx ops for North America.
...so instead of my delivery estimate of 10:30am June 30th...It's now listed as "NA"...

I'm a grown man...but I'm not afraid to cry...
Old 06-30-2015, 03:59 PM

2019 GLC63
So this is just becoming a comedy of errors...but I'm hoping my timeline will still stand regardless thanks to tomorrow being a Canadian stat holiday...
Turns out that Priority Post / Overnight delivery still heads over to the Memphis, TN distribution center before heading to Colorado. And just my luck, not only was I woken up last night by a thunderstorm...apparently Memphis got slammed last night as well which has delayed all of FedEx ops for North America.
...so instead of my delivery estimate of 10:30am June 30th...It's now listed as "NA"...

I'm a grown man...but I'm not afraid to cry...

Nice ! Lol
Old 06-30-2015, 05:48 PM

2019 GLC63
Just don't be "One of those guys" who goes to the dyno with an Air Filter that has 40k on it and never been changed or cleaned.

I personally use a K&N mainly for the convenience of washing it out in my laundry tub in the basement. I have read that some people have had issues with oiled filters messing with the MAF. Most likely those people were idiots and removed the POST FILTER. We all know there are 2 filters in a M276's air box.. the one should not be removed. If any oil droplets would ever actually come off of the K&N filter the post filter would take care of it before reaching the MAF.

I am not sure what Octane of gas they have in Canada these days.. I always use 93 octane here in Pennsylvania.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for as close to 300 whp as possible.. Would love to mess with some of those S4 guys.. My mothers Neighbor owns one. He went and purchased a honda to drive everyday and keeps his red S4 in the garage.. Wouldnt mind showing him my tail lights! Either way I do believe I will be in the Market for a C450.. If they actually made a 4 Matic C63 I would go that route instead but they dont. The other problem is a CLA 45 I am not sure 19" wheels would do very well in the PA winters here. If I got a C450 I would opt for the 18" wheels and put A/S 3's on it because it would have to be my everyday driver.. oh.. I dont believe i could get all of the options I want with out getting the 19" wheels on the 45.. they are in the studio package and the AMG drivers package with the AMG suspension.. which I would want.. minus the wheels. I would rather not have to purchase a 2nd set of wheels just for the winter time.

Last edited by 2014c300; 06-30-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:34 PM

2017 C43 sedan
The gods are conspiring against us my friends!
...due to a storm around Memphis two days ago...apparently my ECU won't get to Colorado Spring until tomorrow morning...fully two days late!
So much for FedEx International Priority! Their Customer Service is less than spectacular...

The good news however, is that Cory is living up to his reputation (from what I've read) and he's been actively engaged in this. Actually sent me a message yesterday when they hadn't received the unit yet...and then again this morning making sure things were actually moving...lol...

Maybe they're just that good...
...or maybe they're just anxious to charge my credit card?
...I'm going to believe option 1...lol...

So...the story continues...please stay tuned!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:16 PM
FFM

Audi R8
Results come back positive I may do this tune while muh wife and I are in Maui end of this month so there's no down time with the vehicle.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by FFM
Results come back positive I may do this tune while muh wife and I are in Maui end of this month so there's no down time with the vehicle.
Turnaround is so quick, you'd only be without for a couple/few days.
I'd have had mine back today if FedEx was capable of not screwing up so terribly.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Guys...we need to start a thread for ranting against delivery services. Or maybe just FedEx in general.
I have just found out that apparently, because of the storm around Memphis Monday night...my ECU is now on a truck (left yesterday) from Memphis to our friends at Kleemann in Colorado Springs.
Wanna know the fun part??? Because of Independence Day celebrations...Kleemann's is closed tomorrow, which is when the ECU is now supposed to arrive.

So even with the best of luck now...I don't get my car for my road trip in the mountains. I am now going to be doing it in my gf's Mitsubishi 4-banger SUV.
I can also only pray that Kleemann actually gets the damned thing on Monday...and is able to turn it around fast enough so that I get it in time to hit the dyno on Tuesday evening.

If I was a praying man...I'd be doing it right now...
...instead...I'm going home to drink.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:19 PM

Guys...we need to start a thread for ranting against delivery services. Or maybe just FedEx in general.
I have just found out that apparently, because of the storm around Memphis Monday night...my ECU is now on a truck (left yesterday) from Memphis to our friends at Kleemann in Colorado Springs.
Wanna know the fun part??? Because of Independence Day celebrations...Kleemann's is closed tomorrow, which is when the ECU is now supposed to arrive.

So even with the best of luck now...I don't get my car for my road trip in the mountains. I am now going to be doing it in my gf's Mitsubishi 4-banger SUV.
I can also only pray that Kleemann actually gets the damned thing on Monday...and is able to turn it around fast enough so that I get it in time to hit the dyno on Tuesday evening.

If I was a praying man...I'd be doing it right now...
...instead...I'm going home to drink.
My new black series hood was suppose to arrive this tuesday and be done by now. Now it wont be delivered till wednesday because the delivery company is backed up.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by xjaymzzx
My new black series hood was suppose to arrive this tuesday and be done by now. Now it wont be delivered till wednesday because the delivery company is backed up.
Was it FedEx?
Where abouts from and to?

...and do you have a link to the site you got the hood from?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Was it FedEx?
Where abouts from and to?

...and do you have a link to the site you got the hood from?
Its from a shipping company called estes shipping. Its from cali to new york. I got it from ebay
Old 07-02-2015, 07:34 PM
FFM

Audi R8
Wanna know the fun part??? Because of Independence Day celebrations...Kleemann's is closed tomorrow, which is when the ECU is now supposed to arrive..
Damn. My freedom is ****ing up the program

Sorry to hear man, hopefully it arrives by some miracle.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:13 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Ever spend the weekend in the mountains driving an SUV with a 4-banger.
...yeah...but the view was awesome!!

Good news is that the package will be delivered to Kleemann this morning.
Hopefully by 7pm tomorrow night (mst), you will all have incontravertable proof of what the retuned ECU can do for your M276 engine
Old 07-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'20 CLA250/'07 ML500/'20 F-Type
I don't have an M276 but am anxiously awaiting thread updates :-)
Old 07-07-2015, 12:19 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by 03basesedan
I don't have an M276 but am anxiously awaiting thread updates :-)
LoL
...me too

Confirmed my dyno time for tomorrow afternoon. All fedex has to do is not screw up royally again...lol
Old 07-07-2015, 06:24 PM

2017 C43 sedan
The time has come my friends!!!
Currently sitting on an old couch at Vex Performance waiting for them to clear a car off the dyno right now and then up goes Sadie!!
Yes...I named my car... Don't judge!!

Stay tuned all... It felt great on the way, but we'll let the numbers do the talking soon enough...

Cue "Also Sprach Zarathustra" for the mood...
Old 07-08-2015, 12:21 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Okay guys...I did get the dyno done last night.
I don't want to post the charts up here right now as I can't say that it is actually a true representation. In all honesty, I have no experience with dynos, but I do know that weather and altitude can affect performance. Having said that, from the weather last night and my altitude in Calgary, Alberta (3,500ft), I could expect a 12% loss in power even before you factor another 12-15% in the mechanicals.

What I can tell you is that it does 'feel' like it has more oomf...it's pick up is definitely more noticeable and it sucked my gf back in her seat quite effectively even while in "E". I didn't get a chance to drive much tonight unfortunately...so I'll have to really give it a work out, but it does feel quicker within the limited confines of afternoon traffic on MacLeod Trail...

My biggest mistake is that I didn't do a baseline pull prior to the tune so I would have a real basis of comparison.

What I plan to do to make myself feel better prior to talking with Kleemann are as follows:
1) I will try to find a stock '13 C300 that is willing to go up on the same dyno and pay for their run
2) I will get a hold of the other AWD dyno and do a set of runs on their setup and post those results
3) When I get to San Diego on July 29th, I will have set up a morning run to test performance at sea level as well.

Towards Item 1...if anyone is near the Calgary, AB area and has a stock 2013 MB C300, and if you can setup a time to do a run at Vex Performance (near Chinook Mall) I will pay for the run...just PM me the time. (Road trip from Lethbridge Jared??)
Towards Item 2...I will try to get another run set up at a different location later this week
Towards Item 3...You'll just have to wait until I get down to San Diego...

I want to give Kleemann the benefit of the doubt as I did not do a baseline run prior to the tune for comparison...so no bashing until I get that stock baseline and another comparison run completed to review. We'll call the results 'inconclusive' for the time being...

I'll PM anyone that wants to see the charts...including one with a comparison against a stock 2012 Subaru WRX STI...I just don't want post it up quite yet until I collect more data.

Last edited by genesisknight; 07-08-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300
Okay guys...I did get the dyno done last night.
I don't want to post the charts up here right now as I can't say that it is actually a true representation....

My biggest mistake is that I didn't do a baseline pull prior to the tune so I would have a real basis of comparison....
Blah, just post the charts. The guy who fell off the radar after getting his tuned posted his baseline run. I'll post it below, but this is all looking fishy. The first guy falls off the map, nobody from the Euro Charged group buy posted any quantitative results (and the original post was deleted), and now you seem to be unhappy with the results.

Here is the baseline from scuba357:

Originally Posted by scuba357

243 and 253 hp with about 12% lost before it hits the tires on the 4matic

Last edited by Laredo7mm; 07-08-2015 at 10:36 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Kleeman ECU tune, 3.5L C300