C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

new LED Projector Headlight Pair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
well i'm going to sell mine in maybe a month but they are right hand drive
Old 06-26-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes c250 4matic
Originally Posted by Doa
well i'm going to sell mine in maybe a month but they are right hand drive
do they have left hand drive headlights avaialbe thats what I'm gonna need from canada?
Old 06-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205
Originally Posted by manny26
do they have left hand drive headlights avaialbe thats what I'm gonna need from canada?
is canada left hand? i assumed in canada you drove on the wrong side of the road like in the UK and australia
Old 06-27-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Doa
is canada left hand? i assumed in canada you drove on the wrong side of the road like in the UK and australia
nevermind canada is right hand drive, i thought by right hand you meant steering is on the right side of the car. how come your gonna be selling your headlights? i was looking for the chrome ones though to make it look factory
Old 06-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205
first of all because i only got them so i can modify my OEM headlights without any pressure of time.
second because i was a lot in the UK these last months so in order not to blind anyone i got right hand drive headlights
Old 06-28-2015, 02:08 AM

oh okay i wonder if i can modify my stock lights or get them don't to have the C shape LED in the headlights
Old 06-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205
anything is possible. i wanted to get rid of the eyebrow parking lights.
still waiting on the silicone to close and seal my OEM lights again
Old 07-01-2015, 06:04 PM

replacing the eye brows with LED strips to make them look like something close to the new C class mercedes would be pretty nice.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 AM

2014 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by dchangs
Hi,

So I installed these headlights about 5 months ago. I probably drove probably only 3000 miles since.. and recently the right "C" LED parking lamp is having issues. Its goes on for a couple of minutes when I first drive and it when die off and the error shows up. But when the LED is on, it looks perfectly fine just like the left headlight. Sometimes when I unlock the car, the right LED will be flicker on and off and eventually stay on but not for long.

I intially thought the LED might be out but i'm not sure since it looks fine when it's on (when I compare both of them). Doesn't seem like its dimming off. Any suggestions or has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: okay it's not an error code issue. It's definitely the wiring... I am still waiting for a reply VIA email or phone From Unique Style Racing... they said they would get back to me within 48 hours too..

Originally Posted by phenom3030
So I bought my headlights end of October last year, installed in November.
I started having issues with the "C" in my drivers side light. The dash showed the error message "Check passenger side parking light" or something to that effect.
I contacted USR beginning of May for help and was advised to check the connector. After having them installed for half a year I didn't think it would be an issue but I checked it out and found no issues. Contacted USR again to let them know my findings and haven't heard back after four days.
Beginning to think I'm SOL... I didn't think somerhing would fail less than a year after being installed. :/

Originally Posted by lemonstand
Odd. I also purchased and installed in November and had the "check front right parking lamp" error message pop up last week . However it only appeared one day. I Instantly walked outside to check if the light was out and it was on and haven't seen the error or had issues since . I'm hoping that was just a fluke and I won't have issues because those parking lamps with the projection headlights totally change the look of the car.
Did you ever get it sorted out with USR? My right side is doing the same thing now
Old 07-13-2015, 06:57 AM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507 Edition Sedan - Mars Red
Originally Posted by Schlitter
Did you ever get it sorted out with USR? My right side is doing the same thing now
No. Mine has definitely turned into a problem. I'd say 50% of the time it'll go out and I get the error. I have a friend who has a shop that focuses on LED lighting, headlights and other car custimization who I'll ask to help me out. I'll let you'll know if he finds anything.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:04 PM

C250
Well this doesn't sound good at all. I bought a pair of these DEPO C63 style headlights a couple months ago and just haven't had the time to install them yet. Now I am not so sure I want to.

Do we have anybody in here that can vouch for their reliability long term yet (6+ months)? I really don't want to go through all the trouble of installing them only to have problems and end up replacing them.

I was afraid these headlights were too good to be true, you figure there has to be corners cut somewhere to make these ~$500 a pair, as opposed to genuine OEM which goes for a few grand installed...
Old 07-14-2015, 12:26 AM

2014 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by lemonstand
No. Mine has definitely turned into a problem. I'd say 50% of the time it'll go out and I get the error. I have a friend who has a shop that focuses on LED lighting, headlights and other car custimization who I'll ask to help me out. I'll let you'll know if he finds anything.
I sent USR an email about the issue this morning. Lee got back to me and asked that I send him a video of it. I should hopefully hear back from him tomorrow. It's strange that it is only the right side that is affected for all of us.

EDIT: One of my ballasts went out a couple of months ago. I replaced both through a local shop because I didn't want to deal with returns to USR and not having headlights. Now my assembly is having issues, so I am not too thrilled
Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
Originally Posted by Schlitter
I sent USR an email about the issue this morning. Lee got back to me and asked that I send him a video of it. I should hopefully hear back from him tomorrow. It's strange that it is only the right side that is affected for all of us.

EDIT: One of my ballasts went out a couple of months ago. I replaced both through a local shop because I didn't want to deal with returns to USR and not having headlights. Now my assembly is having issues, so I am not too thrilled
So it looks like there are quite a few of us having the right side "C" led light issue. I shot a video to send to USR this evening of me taking a multimeter to the connector. I'm getting 14mV with no power to the right side, then 12V with power (hit unlock button).

CLICK IMAGE FOR VIDEO:
Old 07-29-2015, 01:27 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
I recently purchased a 2009 C300 and it didn't come with the Bi-Xenon setup so I was thinking about jumping on this also for the price that they're asking.

There seems to be the same issue with everyone, so I think I'll wait a bit and see what USR says about the issue. Other than that, the lights look amazingly nice compared to the stock halogen ones.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:35 PM

I shot video of both the connector getting appropriate power and taking power directly to the headlight DRL and it still not lighting up. Lee at USR promptly replied after the second video and referred me to their RMA department. I now need to remove the right headlight and send it in for their inspection and possible replacement.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:25 AM

2014 C250 Sport
Having a small issue with my driver's side headlight.

On Friday, I accidentally left the light switch to "parking" when I got to work. 4 hours later, security notified me that my lights were on. I got to my car and the "C" on the driver's side was out. I turned the car off, waited a moment, and turned on the engine.

Everything was back to normal.

On Saturday morning, I got in my car and a message popped up saying "check left low beam." Sure enough, the left low beam was out. Everything else is fine though ; Cs, turn signals, and high beams. Only the left low beam is out.

Could this just be bad timing and my low beam legitimately burned out? Or could it be related to the issue I experienced with leaving the lights on for 4 hours? How can I check if it's the headlight and not the ballast?
Old 08-03-2015, 11:12 AM

2014 C250 Coupe
Any updates on the reliability of these headlights? I have a 2014 C250 and I'd love to have these on mine but not if they only last a couple of months.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507 Edition Sedan - Mars Red
Originally Posted by Rishabhraj
Any updates on the reliability of these headlights? I have a 2014 C250 and I'd love to have these on mine but not if they only last a couple of months.
Purchased November 2014. About 6 months in I started having the passenger side "C" parking lamp intermittently going out 25-50% of the time. Seems like a few guys on here who bought them from the last batch are having similar parking lamp issues. All that said I still don't regret buying them. For the price and the visual upgrade this gives your car it's worth it. Of course I'd like to have my parking lamp turn on 100% of the time without issues but I couldn't stand that halogens bland look and will accept the semi-unreliable parking lamp. All else (bi xenon/turn signals, fitment) works without issue.. . My .02
Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 PM

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by JaredP
$1200 option with headlight washers, was pretty difficult to get in late 2013.
You think they were hard to get? I think it depended on how the dealer ordered their cars. Most dealers didn't bother ordering the lighting package on lower option C's, but if you got a more highly optioned car, there was a chance it had them. I think it was more difficult to find a C with the leather interior package, and power memory passenger seat.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 PM

Just wanted to update on my situation. USR opened up an RMA for me to return my headlight to get checked.
I sent it on July 31st and tracking showed it delivered August 3rd. I received an email today on the 4th with Fedex tracking info from USR. I asked if they were repaired or were replacing it. And received a response promptly stating they are replacing it and swapped my HID bulb into the new headlight. The defective headlight would also be sent back to Depo for further investigation.
I just checked the Fedex site for a status on the tracking # they emailed and it looks like I should be receiving the headlight on Friday. If so, then it'll be about a week turnaround time. Not too bad. I'll update again once the package arrives.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Damn sorry to hear all of you guys having issues . I have had mine for about 10 months now and the only issue i had was the high beam shutter getting stuck which is now fixed. I said it before and i will say it again: these headlights looks awesome but i am scared of the thought that the "C" or the signal will burn because none of those parts are replaceable and you will need a whole new unit...

Best of luck to all of you in getting the issues resolved
Old 08-07-2015, 01:45 PM

UPDATE on my situation with the defective "C" LED in the passenger side headlight.

I received my replacement this morning around 1030AM. Fortunately its my day off so I was able to install it as soon as the FEDEX guy dropped it off.

As of right now and initial test after install, everything looks good to go!

So glad to have the front end looking uniform again.

And just to recap from my previous posts regarding the issue:

- Contacted USR starting a few months ago.
- I wasn't able to perform the testing needed to show them the issue until recently. Understandable that they couldn't move forward with a resolution until we exhausted our efforts.
- Once I was able to show them via videos that direct power to the "C" resulted in no light up they began the RMA process.
- Turnaround time from RMA info issued, me shipping the same day, and replacement back on the car? 7 Days. I sent the headlight last friday and replaced it today.

Good folks at USR. I believe they will take care of you. You may have to help diagnose via video and photos but it will be worth it. Its part of the nature of online purchases. If they advise of something to try, please try it and show them the results. Even if it's time consuming or a bit of a hassle. I think i could have had the issue resolved when I first reached out months ago if at the time I was able to diagnose and respond to them more promptly.
Even though I couldn't and weeks passed between communications (on my part since I wasn't able to conduct the tests they advised at the time). they were still very helpful!

If you're having an issue with your lights, contact them first and give them a chance to resolve it.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:57 PM

2014 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by phenom3030
UPDATE on my situation with the defective "C" LED in the passenger side headlight.

I received my replacement this morning around 1030AM. Fortunately its my day off so I was able to install it as soon as the FEDEX guy dropped it off.

As of right now and initial test after install, everything looks good to go!

So glad to have the front end looking uniform again.

And just to recap from my previous posts regarding the issue:

- Contacted USR starting a few months ago.
- I wasn't able to perform the testing needed to show them the issue until recently. Understandable that they couldn't move forward with a resolution until we exhausted our efforts.
- Once I was able to show them via videos that direct power to the "C" resulted in no light up they began the RMA process.
- Turnaround time from RMA info issued, me shipping the same day, and replacement back on the car? 7 Days. I sent the headlight last friday and replaced it today.

Good folks at USR. I believe they will take care of you. You may have to help diagnose via video and photos but it will be worth it. Its part of the nature of online purchases. If they advise of something to try, please try it and show them the results. Even if it's time consuming or a bit of a hassle. I think i could have had the issue resolved when I first reached out months ago if at the time I was able to diagnose and respond to them more promptly.
Even though I couldn't and weeks passed between communications (on my part since I wasn't able to conduct the tests they advised at the time). they were still very helpful!

If you're having an issue with your lights, contact them first and give them a chance to resolve it.
That's funny. Do you work for USR? I contacted them every two days for two weeks when this happened. I never EVER got a call back. Apparently the manager was always in a meeting?! I still haven't got this resolved and will try to contact them later this week. I expect them to treat this manner like yours then. Wouldn't it make sense to send the replacement with a pending payment? So when I take out the broken headlight I can swap it right i and ship it back.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by dchangs
That's funny. Do you work for USR? I contacted them every two days for two weeks when this happened. I never EVER got a call back. Apparently the manager was always in a meeting?! I still haven't got this resolved and will try to contact them later this week. I expect them to treat this manner like yours then. Wouldn't it make sense to send the replacement with a pending payment? So when I take out the broken headlight I can swap it right i and ship it back.
No i don't work for USR. Just a Soldier in the US Army. I never called. I contacted them via email. Try contacting lee at lee@uniquestyleracing.com.

I don't quite follow you on sending a replacement with a pending payment...? If you mean they send you a replacement first and you send the defective headlight back then I'd agree. But can understand where they were coming from.
I was hoping to just be able to send the headlight in. But they asked for me to diagnose (which they emailed me instructions on) before either side started shipping things. A few months ago that was a bit frustrating because I just wanted a working passenger side "C".
If I would have diagnosed in a more timely manner then I probably would have gotten a replacement earlier. I wasn't able to complete it until recently.
Once they ruled out that it was not something with my car, but the actual headlight, they were very accommodating. I did send iPhone video of me testing it out and included links to the video because I figured that would demonstrate what I was experiencing. I think that helped a lot.

Hope yours gets resolved soon.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:33 PM

C300 Sport 4matic
There is a company that changes the color of "angel eyes" headlights. Does anyone know if someone does the same for the C shape LEDs on the projector lights?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new LED Projector Headlight Pair