C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Purchasing My First Car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2-Legs
Purchasing My First Car!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for advice. I want to purchase a 2009 C-350 that has about 50K miles. At this mileage what should I look out for or be aware of? I have'nt taken a look at the car in person as yet, but that'll be done next week. Any suggestions? All answers appreciated!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
If you are buying a used MB, I suggest you look at CPO inventory at a dealer. Those vehicles have been thoroughly reviewed, wear/tear maintenance has been done, and comes with a warranty. At 50k miles, be sure (if you choose an automatic) that the 39k mile auto trans fluid service was done, brake fluid was changed every two years, essentially service records showing the "book" was followed. Normal items start to include pads/rotors, maybe close to the end of what is likely the second set of tires. The CPO program takes a lot of the worry out, as MBUSA discussed in an Automotive News article that they find it's a better business case for them, and they get happier customers when they do more to renovate the cars in greater detail for the CPO program. Yes, they charge a bit more, but you wind up with a car is usually much better condition than on the open market. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 AMG SPORT
Sportstick is right, I'm guessing that 09 c350 is under 20k? A 2010-11 CPO with 40-45k on the clock would cost 25-30k but it would qualify for a better interest rate.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by Sportstick
If you are buying a used MB, I suggest you look at CPO inventory at a dealer. Those vehicles have been thoroughly reviewed, wear/tear maintenance has been done, and comes with a warranty. At 50k miles, be sure (if you choose an automatic) that the 39k mile auto trans fluid service was done, brake fluid was changed every two years, essentially service records showing the "book" was followed. Normal items start to include pads/rotors, maybe close to the end of what is likely the second set of tires. The CPO program takes a lot of the worry out, as MBUSA discussed in an Automotive News article that they find it's a better business case for them, and they get happier customers when they do more to renovate the cars in greater detail for the CPO program. Yes, they charge a bit more, but you wind up with a car is usually much better condition than on the open market. Good luck!

Well in theory anyways. There are plenty of CPO horror stories out there. At the very least you have a legal club to beat them with if they don't do it.