C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C63 Hood Strips [INSTALL THREAD] have some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 01:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
The stereo? I am having to get it replaced because some douchebags broke into the shop where the car was and stole it, but the system I have is this:

Pioneer Avic-NEX8000
(http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...X/AVIC-8000NEX)
Pioneer CD-AH200 IPhone adapter
(http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ables/CD-AH200)
Pioneer ND-BC6 rear camera
(http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...Cameras/ND-BC6)
3 sets of Jl Audio ZR650-CSi components
(http://www.jlaudio.com/zr650-csi-car...-systems-91122)
1 X JL Audio 750/1 sub amp
(http://www.jlaudio.com/hd750-1-car-a...plifiers-98220)
1 X JL Audio 900/5 amp for front/rear/center channels
(http://www.jlaudio.com/hd900-5-car-a...plifiers-98223)
1 X JL Audio 13TW5v2 13" flat sub
(http://www.jlaudio.com/13tw5v2-2-car...-drivers-92182)
JL Audio CL-RLC Processor for center channel
(http://www.jlaudio.com/cl-rlc-car-au...xpansion-98117)
JL Audio HD-RLC sub control mounted to the bottom of the factory I drive control
(http://www.jlaudio.com/hd-rlc-marine...essories-98118)
Scosche MZ01SR Wiring harness
(http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/mz0...ace-2008-11-mb)
Metra 95-8717 Installation kit
(http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-8717)
Sirius SXV200V2 satellite radio adapter
(http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV2...0V1-Tuner.html)
Terk XM-EXT50 extension to plug the Sirius into the factory satellite antennae
(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vBPdflM...-XM-EXT50.html)
All wiring is JL Audio and the car is completely done with Dynamat

As for the price, you can get the stuff a lot cheaper on line. I averaged paying 30%-40% cheaper than the prices listed on the sites by looking around on line, but had my friends shop do the installs. The only thing I would really recommend is that you pay regular price for the head unit at a local shop because if there is ever an issue with it they will take care of it for you.
Originally Posted by SupremeChicago
rtr2 off topic but i saw you have an in dash in your w204,
how much did that run you? btw you car looks fantastic

Last edited by rtr2; 08-31-2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added links
Old 09-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w212
Sorry to hear about that, I hope the shop helps you out in some way. Thank you though, i've always heard putting an after market in our w204's dash is a mess and not worth the investment but yours came out nice and clean
Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 AM

W204
Thanks. The shop used the factory locations for all the speakers, modded the center channel location, did a fiberglass stealth box in the left trunk wall and hid the amps so the only thing that you can really see is the deck unless you start looking around the battery to see the connections or see the sub in the wall in the back.
Originally Posted by SupremeChicago
Sorry to hear about that, I hope the shop helps you out in some way. Thank you though, i've always heard putting an after market in our w204's dash is a mess and not worth the investment but yours came out nice and clean
Old 09-06-2014, 02:48 AM

W204
I received my car back from the shop, and for the first time in almost four months it was kinda weird driving it lol. You would know that when I finally get it back, it would rain. They put the wrong emblem on the back by accident so I have to change that, but I think it turned out good. I had my wheels put on it tonight before I have to take it to the interior and stereo shops to have the inside straightened out after it was broken into in the shop.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:31 PM

C300 AMG SPORT
Originally Posted by rtr2
I received my car back from the shop, and for the first time in almost four months it was kinda weird driving it lol. You would know that when I finally get it back, it would rain. They put the wrong emblem on the back by accident so I have to change that, but I think it turned out good. I had my wheels put on it tonight before I have to take it to the interior and stereo shops to have the inside straightened out after it was broken into in the shop.
This turned out to be one of the better looking W204's on the forum, however I am sure you will get challenged by some really fast M3's RS4's and ISF's...turn down the challenge, keep them wondering. Lol
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM

W204
Thanks for the compliment. I put the correct badges on the car and wheels today, and hopefully the carbon C300 badge will be here when it comes out of the shop Wednesday to finish it off. As for the M3's... nah this is just a work car, besides I have a GT-R R35 for that... No worries, Godzilla has a little something for them.
Originally Posted by xzotik1
This turned out to be one of the better looking W204's on the forum, however I am sure you will get challenged by some really fast M3's RS4's and ISF's...turn down the challenge, keep them wondering. Lol

Last edited by rtr2; 09-07-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by xzotik1
I like it, but I'm sure some AMG owner somewhere is throwing a fit about it.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:23 PM

W204
Thanks. LOL but that is the thing, there isn't one AMG badge on it. It literally has the carbon STAR hub/center caps on the wheels, and what I thought were cool looking Mercedes Star/Carbon Fiber/Blue outer ring emblems on the steering wheel, trunk and hood. It will also have the carbon C300 emblem as soon as I get it in so it plainly states what it is. If they get mad it is on them. I just wanted it to look more sporty.
Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer
I like it, but I'm sure some AMG owner somewhere is throwing a fit about it.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C350
Thanks. LOL but that is the thing, there isn't one AMG badge on it. It literally has the carbon STAR hub/center caps on the wheels, and what I thought were cool looking Mercedes Star/Carbon Fiber/Blue outer ring emblems on the steering wheel, trunk and hood. It will also have the carbon C300 emblem as soon as I get it in so it plainly states what it is. If they get mad it is on them. I just wanted it to look more sporty.
I feel you. I posted my c350 with quads and the c63 diffuser on reddit awhile back. No AMG badge, still had the C350 on the trunk. Specifically so I wasn't 'pretending' to be anything. Still got tons of hate. Don't understand it. Guess they're the only ones allowed to do stuff to their cars.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:34 PM

W204
F-em. It is just a car. I go back to what I said before, for some reason you give your ordinary average person on the street that was driving a Ford, Kia, Toyota, etc. something with a Merc, BMW, Audi or Lexus badge on it, and 90% of the time they turn into a stuckup douche bags even though they probably traded a much lesser vehicle in on their new yuppie mobile. It is just a car, that is all, an f-ing G-D car. They do not have gold or silver flooooooowing out of the f-ing exhaust, and they do not run on uranium and it most definitely does not look like the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars as they punch the accelerator on their AMG going into light speed to the next red light (all jokes guys, breathe don't choke, laugh a little). The last time I checked none of them have a horse or bull or Bugatti (which two of those are still Volkswagens) on the hood, not even the cheesy rice rocket I have in the garage is more than just a Nissan after all. I purchased mine to take clients out in so that they would be comfortable, and not cramped in a sports car. Instead of trading mine in to upgrade it for the same reason, I had what alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity" and thought well I could just put a little extra into it while it is in the shop and have some fun with it instead of trading it back in. It kills me that most of the AMG guys get pissed about this, because if you own an Audi, BMW, Lexus or even an f-ing Mercedes you can walk into your local dealer just like Mercedes/Lexus here in Jacksonville and purchase performance and exterior dress up parts that come with the performance badges. The last time I looked there is not a federal agent behind the counter that will charge a person with a felony to anyone purchasing AMG parts without having the car. LOL if that were true Gary would flee the country (joking Gary, laugh it was funny...). Hell at Mercedes/Lexus here in Jacksonville they literally have a catalog on the counter with AMG and F-Sport body kits (factory catalogs from the appearance, parts, and pricing for them to (as the sticker reads on the catalog) "Enhance the look and feel of your premium vehicle with our upgrades". Listen I am a simple guy that grew up on a farm from the midwest, and my family didn't have anything. We were lucky to order a pizza on Friday nights and watch TV together, but we were happy with what we had. I told myself that when I had a chance I would have nice things, and now I do, but I still have not forgotten what my father who is no longer with us once told me as I was drooling over the Mercedes we saw in town as they were rare where I was from. He said "son it's only a car, it has an engine in it, and four wheels. If you ever have a chance to get one, never forget that, and you will be a better person for that". He was and still is correct. And I do still remember that at one time there was a Chrysler name and emblem in the door jam of every Mercedes as I worked for Diamler-Chrysler at the time which still makes me laugh to this day. OK I am done with my rant, please no one take it seriously as it is only meant as sarcasm...
Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer
I feel you. I posted my c350 with quads and the c63 diffuser on reddit awhile back. No AMG badge, still had the C350 on the trunk. Specifically so I wasn't 'pretending' to be anything. Still got tons of hate. Don't understand it. Guess they're the only ones allowed to do stuff to their cars.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 C63 AMG, 2009 C300 (Sold), 2003 SL55 AMG (Sold) , 2013 S550 W222 (Sold)
NICE! keep updating with the steering wheel when you get it, I want to see if you get the shifters working.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 AM

W204
Update

Here are a couple of pics of the amp rack, fiberglass sub box, and door panels after the initial repairs. Hopefully I have everything done by Friday.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 PM

W204
My interior friend just sent me another pic, I will be picking these up this afternoon.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM

C300
I'm trying to work on this conversation but no luck wit the adapter harness for the male and female end
Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 AM

W204
Let me see what ends I have left, and I will let you know. The ends I have are new, and they came from the two Kabeldaviko harnesses.
Originally Posted by Jpslikk
I'm trying to work on this conversation but no luck wit the adapter harness for the male and female end
Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 PM

W204
Crehop the paddles are a no-go. I have tried everything.

As for the money pit... it's almost done. Just a few more things to do. Here are some updated pics.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Spellcheck sucks
Old 12-04-2014, 11:21 PM

C300
@rtr2 how did you wire up the headlights to work?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:54 PM

ML550 C350
curious what exhaust and diffuser he has
Old 12-06-2014, 09:41 AM

W204
Originally Posted by Jpslikk
@rtr2 how did you wire up the headlights to work?
I purchased a couple of aftermarket harnesses from kabeldaviko.de so I could get the male and female ends because I couldn't find them anywhere else, and pretty much followed romeo291's wiring diagram paired to fishcake's diagram, and then took it to a local stereo shop to have them place the correct resistors to keep the error messages from returning (they are used to doing it with alarms). If you follow the thread you will see the star wiring diagrams that the stereo shops will need to figure out the resistance. Crehop, Romeo291, and Fishcake were very helpful in figuring this out. Fishcake's diagram is the of back of headlight. Romeo291's harness diagram is here:

Car's factory plug:
1 - (brown wire) - Right wheelhouse ground point
2 - (yellow wire) - Right Low Beam
3 - (white wire) - Right High Beam
4 - (gray/white wire) - Right front standing and parking lamp
5 - (gray/red wire) - Right front standing light 2
6 - (black/green wire) - Right front turn signal lamp
7 - (black/blue wire) - *not sure*
8 - (green/blue wire) - *not sure*
9 - (brown wire) - Right wheelhouse ground point

Any of the brown wires can splice with the negative ground points you need. Then match up the Low beam wire from the headlight to the #2 (yellow wire) on the car. Match high beam wire from headlight to the #3 (white wire) on the car. Match the #6 (black/green wire) to the turn signals. Match the #4 and #5 wires to the "C" LED or parking lamp. That's it, easy as pie.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:57 AM

W204
Originally Posted by C3504M
curious what exhaust and diffuser he has
The diffuser is part of the rear bumper. They make two different kinds, one with real carbon, one without. Get the one with the carbon because it's worth it. It is built out of good material and will last. It costs close to $1K. I couldn't find the one I purchased on eBay, but it can be purchased from this guy on eBay so ask him and he can get it:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/applejuice52...p2047675.l2559

The exhaust tips are real C63 AMG Black Series tips from Mercedes. They can be bought for around $600 each, but I just found replicas on eBay for half the price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMG-Exhaust-Tip-For-Mercedes-Benz-C-class-E-class-S-class-W204-W212-W222-C207-/141462539014?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20efd30b06&vxp=mtr
I hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:19 AM

W204
I have some bad news about the hood strips. After a few months they started cracking at the ends, and had something the bodyshop said they have never seen before in a "fog and haziness" forming around them. The fiberglass had a reaction with the paint. They refinished the hood again, and I just put it to the side and ordered a 507 look carbon hood. They are painting everything except the scoops, and installing it. I should have it out in a week.

Last edited by rtr2; 02-14-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
I'm currently doing an LCI conversion and I'm really having a hard time figuring out what to do for the headlights. The best rated "motorworks" shop in my area gave me incredibly rude/bad customer service, and won't even be available for two weeks, so I really don't want to go back to them.

I've only skimmed through this thread so far, but I'm going to spend as much time as I can trying to understand the wiring. I was hoping to be able to do this myself after getting screwed over by the shop, but I'll take rtr2's advice and leave it to the professionals. I just want to get educated enough on the matter to know exactly what needs to be done.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys for posting all this information!

Also, do you guys have any error codes for the lights? I would obviously want my car to be error free.

And wouldn't I be better off taking it to a auto shop? This is custom work.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:56 AM

W204
Sorry I have been busy with the holidays and just saw this. You can take it to whatever kind of shop you want to, it is your choice. With my experience unless you know the tech personally at a service center, garage, etc, they will hear the magic words "upgrade", "facelift", or any term that relates to it and all of a sudden your bill goes through the roof. Most audio shops have certified techs that on a daily basis have to modify a vehicles electrical system to be able to install alarms, stereos, etc, and they are more of a hacking crowd that will not give up until the job is done because it usually pisses them off to give up. Also most of the audio shops have lower per hour rates than a service center or a garage. Just take all of the information in these posts with you so that they can go through them before hand and not be kind of "in the dark" starting the task. I hope everything goes well, but as I said before, I would not recommend doing any work on these electrical systems if you are a novice. You would only be asking for a headache that will land you at the dealer with the service writer and his huge smile asking for your keys and checkbook. Do so at your own risk.
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
I'm currently doing an LCI conversion and I'm really having a hard time figuring out what to do for the headlights. The best rated "motorworks" shop in my area gave me incredibly rude/bad customer service, and won't even be available for two weeks, so I really don't want to go back to them.

I've only skimmed through this thread so far, but I'm going to spend as much time as I can trying to understand the wiring. I was hoping to be able to do this myself after getting screwed over by the shop, but I'll take rtr2's advice and leave it to the professionals. I just want to get educated enough on the matter to know exactly what needs to be done.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys for posting all this information!

Also, do you guys have any error codes for the lights? I would obviously want my car to be error free.

And wouldn't I be better off taking it to a auto shop? This is custom work.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Sorry I have been busy with the holidays and just saw this. =
^ I totally understand, hope you've had happy holidays so far!

I've found an HID shop in my area, very well rated. Xtreme HID

I'll try to grab whatever diagrams and information I can from this forum to help them do the job. I also bought these harnesses/adapters that Crehop mentioned in another thread . Hopefully that will be enough to help them get the job done error code free.

Btw your car is absolutely gorgeous. To be honest, I was going to go all out like you, but I guess I wanted to keep it a little more stock. I did purchase the same bumper from Gary at suvneer, and was really debating the hood strips, but I didn't want to get too aggressive haha. Overall, if I could do it all again, I probably would've done the same as you lol!

Did your lip fit perfectly from the beginning? I test fitted the unpainted bumper on my car, and then test fitted the lip and the lip fit wasn't very good...
Old 10-28-2015, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 W204
The shop sent me a couple of basic diagrams, but wait until I get home and get all of the info together for you. This was when they were thinking they were going to have to do a harness from nothing, but discovered that almost all of the lights worked with the small section that they removed from the KABEL harness with only a few mods. The way they are doing this allows this to be plugged directly into the old harness then into the new lights without cutting any wiring which could possibly violate any warranties. IMPORTANT-Kabledivako makes a great product, but are slow shipping. It took me along time to get this part. If you are ordering from them, make arrangements to expedite shipping, and DO NOT start taking everything apart waiting on them as you will be waiting a long time.

I have attached the receipt for the KABEL harness, but you do not need all of this, only a few pieces. I will have the list of parts, the shops final diagram, STAR's complete diagram of every wire including each plug, what each wire is, definitions etc (I paid for this so you will not have to), etc hopefully for you by this weekend.

Remember anyone doing this, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK-I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH YOUR CAR... I recommend taking this to a professional like I did as it could easily destroy electrical systems on you car, SAM unit, warranty, etc. Basically if you F it up, then it is your fault, not mine. On that note good luck.
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm currently doing a wide body conversion of my pre facelift C63 W204 to facelift black series.
I researched and found the wiring harnesses from KABEL, I read your post that you had modified that harness. Would you be able to re post that so I could take a look? That would be awesome if you could.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Hood Strips [INSTALL THREAD] have some questions