C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Phenom3030's Polar White C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by phenom3030
So I was rear ended today... Damage doesn't look too bad. Looks like its just the rear bumper. But it did cause the headrests to shoot out. Watched a few youtube videos but couldn't get them back in. So I'm going to try to stop by the dealer before work tomorrow. Hopefully they don"t charge for it.

In other news, I swapped out the OEM low beams for some Philips Diamond Vision bulbs. I'd say they match the Azn Optics LED bulb temperature pretty well.
Holy crap! Hopefully you're okay and nobody got hurt. I was clipped in the rear by a taxi a few months ago but the body shop fixed it in 2 days, looks perfect, hope yours comes out good.

Where did you get your Aznoptics bulbs? Looks like they are sold out. I like the look with the Philips low beams. Any difference in light output?

Also wanted to give you a heads up as a CG citrus wash and gloss, it's a great product but if you don't dilute it enough it actually works as a stripper for removing wax. I would suggest using a difference soap like CG Mr. Pink for maintaining the car especially after you wax it since it won't strip any wax at all.

Last edited by DapperStyle; 09-04-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
Holy crap! Hopefully you're okay and nobody got hurt. I was clipped in the rear by a taxi a few months ago but the body shop fixed it in 2 days, looks perfect, hope yours comes out good.

Which azn optics bulbs did you buy? I like the look with the Philips low beams. Any difference in light output?
Thanks man, we are okay. It was a slow-ish impact. Damage looks very minor but it's a bummer because I haven't even had it a month yet.

I bought the 5000k temperature azn optics bulbs. And so far i don't think there is a difference in light output. I'm planning on throwing one of the old bulbs on one side to shoot a comparison shot. If anything, its not noticeable. For the color matching, i think its worth it. Makes the front look extra crisp when all the lights are on.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Thanks man, we are okay. It was a slow-ish impact. Damage looks very minor but it's a bummer because I haven't even had it a month yet.

I bought the 5000k temperature azn optics bulbs. And so far i don't think there is a difference in light output. I'm planning on throwing one of the old bulbs on one side to shoot a comparison shot. If anything, its not noticeable. For the color matching, i think its worth it. Makes the front look extra crisp when all the lights are on.
Happy to hear everyone was okay, I looked on the AznOptics site and it seems those are sold out, did you go the eBay route?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport

I had diamond vision bulbs for 2 years. The first thing I did when I just picked up my 2013 (sept 2012$). Light output was terrible! Really dangerous. Really loving the hids I have now. Like night and day difference
Old 09-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Happy to hear everyone was okay, I looked on the AznOptics site and it seems those are sold out, did you go the eBay route?
I just ordered them about two weeks ago... Hmm, maybe if you shoot them an email they'll let you know when they'll be back in stock. Azn Optics ships extremely fast too!

Originally Posted by xjaymzzx
I had diamond vision bulbs for 2 years. The first thing I did when I just picked up my 2013 (sept 2012$). Light output was terrible! Really dangerous. Really loving the hids I have now. Like night and day difference
so the light output was terrible but you kept them in for two years? I'm considering doing the HIDs but I'd like to pick up another set of bulb covers to cut into. I would love to have projectors but I don't want to deal with removing/replacing headlights.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:54 PM

so the light output was terrible but you kept them in for two years? I'm considering doing the HIDs but I'd like to pick up another set of bulb covers to cut into. I would love to have projectors but I don't want to deal with removing/replacing headlights.
lol I kept them because they looked great and I didn't want to put hids in reflector housing. Then the depo projectors came out and I jumped on it with hids.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:13 PM

lol I kept them because they looked great and I didn't want to put hids in reflector housing. Then the depo projectors came out and I jumped on it with hids.
Did you install the headlights yourself? Was it difficult?

Also joined the Mercedes Benz Club of America recently. Membership is paying itself off with discounts on accessories!

Shoot me your email address so I can send ya a referral email!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 PM

I paid a place to do illuminated star and headlights at the same time (since its the same vicinity). I heard you can do it with a buddy at home but I'm not a handy man whatsoever. Can't even change a light bulb by myself. I can plasti dip tho! lol ='[
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 PM

Also wanted to give you a heads up as a CG citrus wash and gloss, it's a great product but if you don't dilute it enough it actually works as a stripper for removing wax. I would suggest using a difference soap like CG Mr. Pink for maintaining the car especially after you wax it since it won't strip any wax at all.
Thanks for that tip! I guess I'll start using 1 ounce/squeeze with my 5 gallon bucket now. I've got a long way to go to finish off all the CG Citrus W&G I ended up getting. One kit came with a gallon jug another kit came with the 16 ounce bottle. lol.

Didn't know that about it so thanks again!
Old 09-20-2014, 03:57 PM

New door lock pins

Bought some metal door lock pins from ebay seller ESpeedDIY. They look to be pretty nice quality. Came in a fancy little box and such. Decided to go with these ones because I like how MB offers them but they have the AMG logo on it...since mine isn't AMG I found these plain ones instead.

Haven't had the chance to put them on yet since my car is currently in the body shop getting repaired from the rear ending accident from earlier this month.

Also, decided on a set of wheels! Now we're in the process of figuring the perfect specs.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Looks really good! I like those headlights, I have the exact same LEDs and halogens.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 PM

nice! did you have any trouble installing them? I want to do it but I always have other mods to do and I keep on pushing them to the side
Old 09-22-2014, 06:08 PM

What do you think about the light output on your Diamond visions? just curious if it was just me
Old 09-22-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
Looks really good! I like those headlights, I have the exact same LEDs and halogens.
Thanks! Whats your take on the light output of the Diamond visions?

nice! did you have any trouble installing them? I want to do it but I always have other mods to do and I keep on pushing them to the side
No trouble installing them. Like a moron, I did remove the high beam and install there first. lol. Realized that after I went to turn them on to check them out.

What do you think about the light output on your Diamond visions? just curious if it was just me
I haven't noticed a dramatic difference. To me it looks similar. I've been meaning to reinstall one of the OEM bulbs to do a night time side by side comparison photo. Just haven't had the chance yet.

In other news, I picked my car back up from the collision center! What Allstate initially estimated to be a $450ish repair turned into a $2000+ job.

Click the photo to link to the original. Not a big area of damage but it gouged the bumper.

I did install my sweet new door pins though!

Here is what the front looks like before/after:

And the rears:

Old 09-22-2014, 07:03 PM

lol I meant did you have any trouble installing the door pins? I read about people doing them but I'm too much of a chicken to try. Scared of breaking a pin and having it stuck inside and too cheap to pay a professional to do it lol.
Edit: :[ i have 0 handy man skills whatsoever

Also did you choose the shop or did allstate choose one for you? If they're paying for it, gotta be willing to pay for good quality! If you're paying out of pocket, that would suck. It would benefit you greatly to make friends with people who own a body shop , god forbid anything happens.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 PM

lol I meant did you have any trouble installing the door pins? I read about people doing them but I'm too much of a chicken to try. Scared of breaking a pin and having it stuck inside and too cheap to pay a professional to do it lol.
Edit: :[ i have 0 handy man skills whatsoever

Also did you choose the shop or did allstate choose one for you? If they're paying for it, gotta be willing to pay for good quality! If you're paying out of pocket, that would suck. It would benefit you greatly to make friends with people who own a body shop , god forbid anything happens.
I was a bit nervous with the rear pins. The directions were to just pull them up. The fronts, I used a Gerber multi tool with a towel wrapped around the pin to turn them counter clockwise. The fronts have a threaded metal pin and the rears look like a plastic inner.

And the shop i went with, Phil Long Collision Center is the only Mercedes Benz authorized collision center in the area... :\
This job was a claim on the other drivers insurance so nothing out of pocket on this one. I just wanted to maek sure it was quality work.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 PM

2014 c350
Bought some metal door lock pins from ebay seller ESpeedDIY. They look to be pretty nice quality. Came in a fancy little box and such. Decided to go with these ones because I like how MB offers them but they have the AMG logo on it...since mine isn't AMG I found these plain ones instead.

Haven't had the chance to put them on yet since my car is currently in the body shop getting repaired from the rear ending accident from earlier this month.

Also, decided on a set of wheels! Now we're in the process of figuring the perfect specs.
what wheels?!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shakejunt33
what wheels?!

Luxury Abstract Admiror Limiteds, managed to snag the last set!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c350 sport
cant wait
Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 PM

2014 c350

Luxury Abstract Admiror Limiteds, managed to snag the last set!

such a good choice, can't wait to see em on the car.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:24 PM

thanks gents! I'm stoked! Just gotta determine the best specs. Looking for as near a flush fitment as i can get with no poke and no crazy tire stretch. Told LA I'd ike a 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with roughly a et45 front and et50 rear. But i asked them to verify if that will get me the fitment I'm looking for. Those are the same specs of Renntech's wheels for the C300.

And unfortunately I won't be lowering anytime soon. And i know i know, it would look so much better! lol. But I've got unlimited mile warranty until 2018 and I love the ride comfort right now so I'm going to hold off. Maybe I'll go with a subtle drop with H&R's, Eibachs or Carlsson's, but not anytime too soon. lol
Old 09-22-2014, 11:37 PM

2014 c350
thanks gents! I'm stoked! Just gotta determine the best specs. Looking for as near a flush fitment as i can get with no poke and no crazy tire stretch. Told LA I'd ike a 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with roughly a et45 front and et50 rear. But i asked them to verify if that will get me the fitment I'm looking for. Those are the same specs of Renntech's wheels for the C300.

And unfortunately I won't be lowering anytime soon. And i know i know, it would look so much better! lol. But I've got unlimited mile warranty until 2018 and I love the ride comfort right now so I'm going to hold off. Maybe I'll go with a subtle drop with H&R's, Eibachs or Carlsson's, but not anytime too soon. lol
If you want to be flush i'd say go with a little lower offsets.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c350 sport
the lips are gonna be so tiny with those specs
Old 09-23-2014, 11:20 AM

Dont forget to count tire brand (tire width) into the equation! thats the most important. Michelin runs wide. so if u have a 18x8 rim (for example). you choose to get a 225/40/18. That tire is actually 8.6 inch wide. so it'll be .6 inch wider then you'd expected. So if u have a conservative offset but with super wide tires. you might be surprised.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM

Llumar Air Blue 80 tint

Originally Posted by Shakejunt33
If you want to be flush i'd say go with a little lower offsets.
Originally Posted by EuroJDMBenzo
the lips are gonna be so tiny with those specs

What do you guys recommend? The folks at Luxury Abstract will be recommending wheel specs as well. My initial recommendation is from my photo research online and the forums.

Dont forget to count tire brand (tire width) into the equation! thats the most important. Michelin runs wide. so if u have a 18x8 rim (for example). you choose to get a 225/40/18. That tire is actually 8.6 inch wide. so it'll be .6 inch wider then you'd expected. So if u have a conservative offset but with super wide tires. you might be surprised.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm tracking. I have another car with a bit of stretch to its tires. Just a 205 on an 8" wheel. I'm not too much of a stranger to the look and concept.

I did get my windows "tinted" today. I use quotes since its not the common tint per se. I went with Llumar's Air Blue 80. Mainly for the reduction in interior heat and also I didn't want to go with anything dark on this car. When I was younger I was all about the 5% tint, nowadays I don't want to be straining to see out of the car through the rear and side mirrors with the windows up. lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phenom3030's Polar White C300