C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP! H&R Springs installed now car pulls to the right even after alignment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 Amg
HELP! H&R Springs installed now car pulls to the right even after alignment!

So I just has .75 drop H&R spring installed in my 2013 C63. Right after install car pulled bad to the right so I took it in for alignment as install shop didn't do alighments. After being at the alignment shop for a few hours and them trying multiple things with me back in the shop watching they couldn't get it to stop pulling to the right.

So I call the install shop, no call back! So I call H&R I get one of their techs on the phone he spends most of the day trying to help diagnose. He even calls the alighnment shop to calaborate a fix. But they can't figure it out.

H&R has me call a high end dealer in town and their alighnment show that does very highend cars. As soon as I explain the problem to the tech at the other shop. He says NO SOLUTION! Once you put springs on a mercedes it will pull to the right. On my car there are limited adjustments and he says on a Mercedes will pull once the springs are changed.

Is this true? No solution???? Please I need some input my car has 19 inch staggered wheels, they even swapped front wheels and it still pulled to the right. Tires and wheels are new and no pull until I lowered. Please provide some input!

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 MY10 C200CGI
what a load of Bull@#$#. Of course you can align them after they are lowered - springs aren't magical, it's all geometry.

If it is pulling it means something isn't right. Maybe they have incorrectly fitted a component, or forgotten a shim, or god knows what. Whatever it is, there will be a reason.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:20 PM

2014 c350
never happened when i was on springs
Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 PM

2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by AusMB87
what a load of Bull@#$#. Of course you can align them after they are lowered - springs aren't magical, it's all geometry.

If it is pulling it means something isn't right. Maybe they have incorrectly fitted a component, or forgotten a shim, or god knows what. Whatever it is, there will be a reason.

Definitely not the tires or wheels all brand new and they drove perfect before the springs where put in.

They told me you can't adjust camber on a W204 C63 or some stuff like that H&R agreed. But I agree it has to be some type of issue in another thread a guy posted its geometry it has to have a solution. I agree, I'm just afraid my dealer will start going crazy with charges on me.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:49 AM

W204 MY10 C200CGI
Well, that's what dealers do. Take it to another suspension place for another opinion. Otherwise, do some home investigation. Compare both sides visually. Is one side higher/lower? If you get a torch in there, both suspension set ups look the same, does something look back to front? are all the shims, rubber mounts etc the same size?

When it comes down to it, if they are selling you an item that is marketed to increase performance and does the opposite - take it back for a refund and try a different brand.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:38 AM

2013 C63 Amg
So the shop told me today when I called with the part number that I was given here said the found a caster/camber kit. Basically with bolts that allow some more degrees of adjustment. So they told me it will take a few hours of labor and they can install the kit and try to adjust the front more. I'm out of town for a week, so next week I will let you know what happens.

I got an email back from the install shop today and the GM said he wasn't ignoring me, he said it's crazy that it would be driving like this and unable to be fixed. He said they lowered the owners CLA and it drives fine. But he didn't say what if anything they did to it after lowering it. He said he was going to talk to the tech who installed and get back to me. And of course no call!! This shop I bought and I had install the springs is a sponsor here and sells parts here. I think I should have bought from a shop that could have done the alignment or had more experience with how Mercedes need to be aligned. When I was there dropping the sales guy kept telling me how 90% of their sales are over the country and the world. I met their tech, he seemed to be very knowledgeable and the cars they were working on were nice cars. I just don't think its a big deal to them because it's such a small sale and I'm not spending big money.

After they were done putting the springs on, the tech took the car for a drive and when he got back he parked it in the back and I watched a guy with a nice camera walk out to my car. I asked the sales guy what he was doing and he said oh he is taking pics so we can put them on our site and other sites like this one to help their shop advertise. He said "oh he's already been taking pics all day." I said I never gave permission or was told. He said "oh we do that on every car" I said I don't care you don't have my permission. What the heck is that?!! I didn't get a discount or even notice that they were going to use my car to make profit from. I had to talk to the GM so they wouldn't use the pics.

I not trying to be petty but it would be nice for some help or at least them try to help me on parts I bought from them and they installed! Right?
Old 09-20-2014, 06:29 PM

W204 MY10 C200CGI
I completely agree