C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Uniballers 08 C350 thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350/2002 Acura CL-S
Uniballers 08 C350 thread

Hey all, new around here and to the Mercedes world but not the car game. I'm Tyler, 25, and I live outside of Nashville. Got my C350 late August and I LOVE it. It's my "daily" as I have a 2002 Acura CL-S that's my baby. It's got that whole stance thing going on so it's not practical for me to drive everyday.

Here she is:

So anyway, here's the important one for y'all!

Since I have absolutely no idea what a "daily driver" is, I feel the need to modify everything I own. Immediately I picked up a carbon roof spoiler and trunk spoiler, as well as 20% tint all around.

Since then I also got some added CF mirror pieces, but I'm thinking I might go with the full CF covers instead.

I've also gotten rid of the dinner plate sized front emblem via a CF grille

Finally, just over a month and a half of ownership, I got new wheels and H&R sport springs. That was just installed yesterday, so no pics yet, but I plan on getting some ASAP.

My remaining plans for it are a front lip, rear diffuser and exhaust. Any suggestions for those?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 PM

2010 Mars Red C300 Sport
Looks good man. Good color choice.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 M5 | 08 C300 (Sold)
Looks really nice. I got my spoiler from jbspeed here on the fourms.

Where did you get those side mirrors covers?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by McLovingood
Looks good man. Good color choice.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ickdeep
Looks really nice. I got my spoiler from jbspeed here on the fourms.

Where did you get those side mirrors covers?
So far all my carbon parts have come from RW Carbon. They're great quality but if you end up getting those I'd suggest maybe using some extra sealant/adhesive on the edges. They have their own adhesive already however the edges are what worry me the most, due to their direct wind exposure. I wouldn't use double sided tape as that won't let it sit flush with the mirror, though. Maybe some gorilla glue or something like that if you're dead set on them.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
looks good man!....I'm not really digging that grill tho
Old 10-08-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MBSebas87
looks good man!....I'm not really digging that grill tho
Thanks! Honestly I can't stand the OEM grille with that huge Mercedes badge on it.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 AM

Summary of parts so far:
RW Carbon CF grille, mirror add ons, DTM spoiler, roof spoiler
AMG big fin replica CF diffuser (unknown brand)
USR smoked side markers w/ chrome amber bulbs
Niche Targa 19x8.5 +42F 19x9.5 +52R
Toyo Proxes4 Plus 235/35F 255/30R
H&R sport springs (-1.25in)
Meisterschaft GT exhaust with SR midpipes

Latest pic with exhaust/diffuser on.

I'm also looking to quiet down that exhaust a bit and kill some of the upper end rasp. Any size/brand resonators y'all recommend? Thanks!

Last edited by TheUniballer; 10-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM

So I'm hunting for a front lip, I want something more along the aggressive style route, like this style:

However I can't find one that style for a non AMG car. I like that style because it doesn't dip in the middle like most lips do to accommodate for the dip in the front bumper, such as this one:

Most have that style for the non AMG. Does anyone know of a carbon lip that looks like the first one but is for a non AMG car. I do have the sport package on the car.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:55 AM

Making friends on the highway.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:20 PM

From Import Alliance this past weekend:

Old 10-29-2014, 05:57 PM

2013 c350
A nice mercedes with a pos Acura
Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by C3fifty

Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by C3fifty
Pretty much!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Merc is lookin good. Acura isn't all that stanced. Looks vert conservative.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Merc is lookin good. Acura isn't all that stanced. Looks vert conservative.
Thanks! Yeah it's getting there. Coilovers still have a ton of room but I need new UCAs for more camber up front. -2*F -3.5*R Au naturale front camber currently.

Roller from cruising back from Import Alliance this past weekend. Photo by Back-Half Photography

I had to pull this from FB for now so sorry for the low quality. More to come soon!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 PM

Okay so I use the "auto fold mirrors when locking" option and the other day I noticed when I unlocked it and got in, my passenger side mirror did not stop at the normal position but kept going until it couldn't go any further. It won't lock back into place at the regular position, but freely moves around. It will stay in the spot I put it in while driving, but won't catch when I use the locking fold option. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:32 PM

Random pic update. Got some Team Heko window visors a few months ago. Forgot to post. Also thinking of getting coilovers soon because...well...I want it to be lower! Any suggestions on coils? I'm thinking Megan Racing. Also my mirror issue (post before this one) still persists if anyone has any insight on that.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sedan
dope ride man! have you gotten any coils yet? ive bought quite a few of megan racing products for my previous cars and have always loved the bang for your buck that you get, im sure those would be great. i know ksport, bc racing, and ofcourse kw, also make nice coilovers for the w204. i saw your fs thread for those wheels and i hope you dont end up selling them just yet! i say lower her and it'll be a night and day difference, imo...will really set this car off!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C350
You autocross the c350? I assume that's what your plate is about.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by mr.brightside
dope ride man! have you gotten any coils yet? ive bought quite a few of megan racing products for my previous cars and have always loved the bang for your buck that you get, im sure those would be great. i know ksport, bc racing, and ofcourse kw, also make nice coilovers for the w204. i saw your fs thread for those wheels and i hope you dont end up selling them just yet! i say lower her and it'll be a night and day difference, imo...will really set this car off!
Thank you! I have not yet. I have a set of Rotiforms I'm trying to sell as well but not having much luck on those as they are 20s. I plan on getting coils as soon as I sell those. I just get bored easy and want something new. I agree with lowering. When I do that, I'll be in the "bought a daily, now I need a new daily" crew lol.

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer
You autocross the c350? I assume that's what your plate is about.
No, my Acura has one that says "NUT" and it directly relates to the Mercs, as well as my username.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:34 PM

W204 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by TheUniballer

Random pic update. Got some Team Heko window visors a few months ago. Forgot to post. Also thinking of getting coilovers soon because...well...I want it to be lower! Any suggestions on coils? I'm thinking Megan Racing. Also my mirror issue (post before this one) still persists if anyone has any insight on that.
I'm releasing a set soon - hold off on the china coils!
www.flatoutsuspension.com
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Parting out my car. See thread located here.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Well I'll go ahead and give an overall status/story of my journey since my last update.

After parting it out last year, I decided I just couldn't sell it. I was literally sitting at one of the salespeoples desk (I work at a dealership), ready to sign it away and get something else, but I could see her sitting out there and I just couldn't. I'm so glad I didn't.

Current mods are as follows:
RW Carbon CF grille
Team Heko slim window visors
USR smoked side markers
USR white LED parking lights
SBL 36 LED fog lights w Diode Dynamics resistors
H&R Sport springs

This kept me pretty happy, basically what I'd call OEM+. It was not enough. I itched for more, but I didn't want it to have a similar look as the other W204s out there (normally a style of wheel I used to have, AMG style quads, AMG style diffuser) and wanted to throw my personal touch onto the car.

I decided I needed to go big. With that being said, I started planning. I knew I wanted to lower it more, but static just wasn't going to cut it for this car. I knew I had to have air. I started poking around, looking at kits from all the big names, but knew I couldn't afford it until I sold my jet ski.

Then some dicknuts backed into me last September (they claimed they didn't see my bright red car, in the middle of the day, with a backup camera ) and I had to get that taken care of. Fortunately, they had insurance and it wasn't major damage. Just needed some basic work to get it fixed. It was the rear bumper.

So after a few weeks, I was back investigating air ride and what I overall wanted to do with the car. I realized it was the holidays, and getting gifts for my family/friends was more important than car parts, so again on hold until after the holidays. I decided I'd tackle the setup after my tax return/selling my jet ski.

Then it happened...again.

Sitting at a stop light, around 6pm, heavy traffic. I'm in a left turn lane and there's a 2010ish GMC Sierra in front of me, cars behind me. I'm at my normal stopping distance, maybe 3-4 feet from his rear bumper, enough to see the entire rear of the truck. GMC puts his right hand signal on, and on come his reverse lights and he starts to ease back. I honk once to let him know I'm there. He stops. I can't go back at all (car behind me) and he starts coming back, again. I lay on the horn, not letting off of it until bam, he backs right into me. He had a multi ball hitch and it went right through my front bumper, leaving a nice hitch/ball sized gash in my front end. We pull into the parking lot, and he says probably the dumbest thing I had heard in awhile, "I heard you honking, but I didn't know you were there."

He had insurance, we got it all sorted out. Car was driveable, just ugly. This was Dec 23rd, so naturally no one was open until Monday to get anything going as far as estimates. As you can see, the grille was ever so slightly damaged, and this made for an obnoxious claim. I had the car estimated at my dealers body shop (It was easier to use my dealers shop, since I wouldn't have to leave work to drop off/check on/pick up the car. Even though I work at Nissan, they did an amazing job), and then the waiting began. I got an estimate the first week of January. I didn't get paid, just for the bumper mind you, until the end of January. This did NOT include the grille. I had already sent them my invoice for the grille form my original purchase, and they claimed they never got it. I sent it again. Same story. After about four more attempts, they finally realized they were telling me the wrong email. Finally got it sorted out.

I've been lazy and have not replaced the grille yet. Yes yes I know.

Fast forward to last week.

Ski is sold, tax return in, new position at work (and a raise). I adult a little bit and pay some things I needed to take care of, and then re ask a few people I know who have had/currently have air on what to look for, avoid, who to buy from. A friend who previously had a bagged car suggested I call Bag Riders.

After some deliberation/research on what kit to go with, I did it. I bought bags. Here's my full list of everything ordered:

Air Lift Performance 3H mmgt
4 gal tank
Air Zenith compressor
3/8 lines
D2 Racing air struts

So that leaves wheels. I got those too.

Bag Riders gave me a damn good deal that was too good to pass up. I had been eyeing some Rotiform IND-T in double dark tint (DDT). They had exactly that. They are 18x8.5 +45 front and 18x9.5 +35 rear.

I'm not sure when I'll get the wheels, still waiting to hear from Rotiform on that. I've had their wheels before and I loved them. I doubt I'll have the same heavy wheel issue I had with the Niche's.

I ordered the kit with 3/8" lines. That means it comes with 3/8 ports on the manifold, all 3/8 lines, and the bags should have 3/8 fittings. Emphasis on should. All four have 1/4" fittings on them, and the supplied 3/8 PTC fittings don't fit at all. Even if they did, I'd have no way to connect the filter to the tank, and then to the manifold, since they gave me only 3/8 lines. I'm not very happy, since I specifically asked him before ordering if the bags themselves would have the 3/8 fittings and he said yes. Yes I should have checked before getting halfway through the install, but since I specifically asked that question, I didn't think about it. So they did in fact forget to send me the fittings pack so that my lines can fit the bags. They also sent me the hex nipple for the standard compressor (VI Air) hose to fit the tank and not the Air Zenith size. They overnighted the parts to me.

I got the correct fittings, however they simply sent me reducers from 3/8 to 1/4, which makes me wonder why I even "upgraded" to 3/8 if I was going to have to do that anyway. But I guess that will work. They also were supposed to send me a reducer for the compressor hose to the tank, and they sent me this little tiny thing that wasn't even close to being correct. Fortunately I can work around that using things I've bought and what I already have. They are overnighting the new thread reducer thing.

Well the car got finished last night! I am beyond happy. I apologize for crap cell phone pics.

Air'd all the way out

Drive height for now until wheels get here

Couple pics this morning

Now in all my excitement last night, we didn't check my front line clearance and when I took it out for a test drive, the front right was losing air fast. Brought it back in and when turning right the wheel had rubbed a small hole in the line. Fortunately because of the reducers I have, I only have to replace about 2 feet of 1/4 line and not the whole FR line. Buuuuuuut since I barely had enough 1/4 since I ordered 3/8, I had to park it and leave it at my shop overnight. Gonna go find some more hose today.