C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Errors with Spyder Auto Tailights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 W204
Errors with Spyder Auto Tailights

Just replaced stock headlights (non xenon) and tail lights with Spyder Auto "Projector" for the front and LED based for the rear. Despite their promises of no-error compatibility, I'm getting errors for both "tail lamps".

Someone suggested doing a reset with the car off, turning the key to on, flooring the gas pedal for 5 seconds, then turning key off, sequence, to reset those errors. They went away for 5 minutes but then came back.

The lights are fantastic and I even went further and bought very bright LED's for the reverse lights. I get no errors from the reverse lights at all. I tested that by removing them and I did get errors, which went away when I installed the bulbs.

Any ideas about getting rid of those error messages? Installing load resistors? I thought these were supposed to be canbus no-error compatible, specific to my model year, etc. so I'm surprised and Sypder isn't really helping other than "you can return them if you want".