C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C63 body kit headaches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 W204
C63 body kit headaches

For my 2013 C300, I purchased a polypro material C63 makeover kit made by Extreme Dimensions and am having lots of headaches. My gut is telling me that they haven't updated the kit for post-facelift models for several reasons.

Included in the kit was a round hose intended to be installed between the engine air intake and the radiator top cover to account for the extended front end of a C63, however, after 2011, I believe all the air intakes were redesigned and mine has a much smaller rectangular shaped "bellows". So far they have no answers for this other than I should try to "stretch" the bellows forward about 6 inches, which isn't going to happen.

The next issue is that it looks like a stock C300 grille is attached on top with a part called a T-Bar back to the radiator brackets. The supplied C63 makeover grille has 2 very wide-set tabs with holes. They included no replacement T-Bar intended for this grille. Is anyone familiar with a C63 sedan and whether the OEM T-Bar for that car is what I need to buy? I've seen other posters who just live without securing the top of the grille when they go aftermarket.

Lastly and the most serious concern about whether this was a 2011 pre-facelift body kit is that the hood doesn't come down in the front to meet the top of the headlights, top of the grille, etc. It's an extra 3/4" higher and the gap looks horrible! All of the other gaps for this new hood to their makeover fenders and back to the windshield are just fine. Is anyone familiar with the body style change pre and post facelift and whether the hood dimensions changed, so I might be more certain if this body kit came from a pre-facelift mold?

Once everything is resolved I will post some pictures.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
The hood doesn't work because the headlights are different shape.

Why did you buy a pre-fl body kit for a facelift car?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 W204
good afternoon, black lavender and thanks for your quick reply.

I did not deliberately buy the wrong one. I believe that i was "sent" the wrong one by ED and they are trying to fudge it together so I won't return it!

As far as the hood gap, its consistent across the entire front, not just the headlights. In the center to the grille, where the bumper comes up in between the headlights and the grille, its all the way across that there's too much space.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by black lavender
The hood doesn't work because the headlights are different shape.

Why did you buy a pre-fl body kit for a facelift car?
2011 and 2013 are both FL, where did you get the idea he bought a pre-fl kit?

autotransporter, what did the box say? What does your receipt say?

There should be no redesign engine wise from 2011-2013 so maybe you're looking at the kit incorrectly. From what it sounds like, you're suppose to install the provided round hose in between the stock rectangle bellow and the stock intake pipe, the bellow can be disconnected from the pipe in case you didn't know.

C63 grills are 2 piece from what I recall.

Try adjusting the stock spacers located on the fenders for the gap space caused by the hood. There is a distinct difference between Pre and FL hood shapes, the FL has to accommodate for the larger size of the lowbeam.

Of course pics of all your problems would be more helpful for us to help you so get on that.