C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sprintbooster Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport
Sprintbooster Installed

Ok I just wanted to give my honest opinion to anyone interested in doing this mod.

Just do it! It works as advertised and I found that the most extreme setting (Red) was quite drivable. Following the directions it took maybe 10 minutes to install and it wasn't necessary to cut the carpet for clearance as I read elsewhere. The whole harness clears so I guess they redesigned the unit (2010 C300 Sport). Instead of the one piece unit that seems to be in all the illustrations this one is two connectors with a short piece of wire between them.

The selector button is bright so I stuck it under and to the right of the steering wheel but after driving I'm likely just going to unplug it. It remains in the last setting selected after you unplug it and I'm happy in red.

This solved my complaint that my car drove like an electric golf cart. Sure it will zip away when you ask it too but I was tired of merging into traffic, flooring the pedal and waiting forever for the car to respond. You have to admit there's something wrong when you feel and hear your pedal smack the floorboard before the car even moves! This unit for the price is the closest thing to an actual throttle cable between the peddle and the throttle body.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying one. Oh and forget the white paper debate and please don't bring that up. I work in a very spec driven field and I'm more than satisfied for my money. This thing isn't snake oil.

Last edited by mcon12000; 10-24-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
White paper = scientific, not debate.
Opinion of someone who has invested hundreds of dollars into product and wants to like it... not as scientific.

When you quickly floor the gas pedal, the throttle response is the same with or without the SB. The only way to improve actual throttle response is with Xentry, or so I've been told.

I'm out of here.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:35 PM

C300 Sport
Ok do you own a 2010 C300 that you have had throttle response problems with? If you don't have the same car or the same product your opinion is very unscientific. I don't really understand why people who have no experience with a subject feel compelled to respond.

It solved my problem so white paper or not I'm in a better place with my throttle response!

At $289.00 I'm not inclined to "want to like it" and it would be back in its box if it didn't perform. Heck it took less than ten minutes to install and most of that was getting my tools out.

Last edited by mcon12000; 10-24-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
I put one in my ZR1 and if they made it for my ML63 I'd have it in a heartbeat...
Old 10-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by acr2001
White paper = scientific, not debate.
Opinion of someone who has invested hundreds of dollars into product and wants to like it... not as scientific.

When you quickly floor the gas pedal, the throttle response is the same with or without the SB. The only way to improve actual throttle response is with Xentry, or so I've been told.

I'm out of here.
"I'm outta here!" Ok, bye
Old 10-26-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
I've heard so many different things about sprintbooster. If I recall correctly, the more recognized and knowledgeable MBworld forum users(IMO) consider it unnecessary.

If there was at the very least some sort of satisfaction guarantee, I probably would have given it a try already despite all respected voices stating otherwise. Instead, sprintbooster wants to charge a 20% restocking fee, shipping, and customs charges if the product does not meet the expected requirements. Your statement makes me want to take the chance with a $300+ risk...

I'm glad you found a way to help with the awful MB throttle lag, but I just wish they had that guarantee so I wouldn't waste my time and money if things didn't work out.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:33 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
I've heard so many different things about sprintbooster. If I recall correctly, the more recognized and knowledgeable MBworld forum users(IMO) consider it unnecessary.

If there was at the very least some sort of satisfaction guarantee, I probably would have given it a try already despite all respected voices stating otherwise. Instead, sprintbooster wants to charge a 20% restocking fee, shipping, and customs charges if the product does not meet the expected requirements. Your statement makes me want to take the chance with a $300+ risk...

I'm glad you found a way to help with the awful MB throttle lag, but I just wish they had that guarantee so I wouldn't waste my time and money if things didn't work out.
All it does so there's no confusion or additional comments from the haters is trick the car into thinking you have mashed the pedal further and faster than you actually have. There is a lot of truth to the statements that the car would respond the same if you just use a heavier foot but thats my problem with the car before installing this device. I felt disconnected and not sure what the damn thing was going to do when I mashed the gas. There's a lot of pedal travel in this car and the stock response and feel is golf cart like at best. This route was far cheaper than a "tune" and doesn't effect my warranty since I can remove the entire unit in less than ten minutes. The only reason it takes that long is you are told to wait five minutes with the driver door open to avoid throwing any codes. I might suggest you try the corvette forums and another performance car forums to see what they have to say. So far the only people who don't like it don't own it. I think there are many people like myself that are happy.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Basically what it does is change the sensitivity of the throttle. It has a switch to turn it off/on and since I installed it in my ZR1 I've never wanted to disable it..for the nay sayers as I was..try it !!

Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Many people argue over whether or not you're paying for more performance and "why don't you just mash the peddle ... It's the same thing..."

It's about how your want the peddle to perform with a given input from your foot and how you expect the car to deliver it's power given the foot-input

If you like it... Great! If you don't, people make $60 restocking fee sound like it's the worst thing in the world!! OMG, yur driving a Benz not a Buick
Old 10-26-2014, 11:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Many people argue over whether or not you're paying for more performance and "why don't you just mash the peddle ... It's the same thing..."

It's about how your want the peddle to perform with a given input from your foot and how you expect the car to deliver it's power given the foot-input

If you like it... Great! If you don't, people make $60 restocking fee sound like it's the worst thing in the world!! OMG, yur driving a Benz not a Buick
I was 18 years old when I was given a $40,000 luxury vehicle. I am a full time college student who will be graduating this spring, but until then I am still reliant on my parents. It's not that $60 is a large sum of cash, it's that I value my parents' hard work so that even $60 wasted is not worth it to me.

I appreciate your input, as well as the OP's, even though you're being a little hostile. I just wanted to chime in with my own thoughts and opinions. Again, I'm happy that you and the OP have found some use out of it, but since it's simply an "input amplifier", I'd rather not spend $60 for just a test run.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

I was 18 years old when I was given a $40,000 luxury vehicle. I am a full time college student who will be graduating this spring, but until then I am still reliant on my parents. It's not that $60 is a large sum of cash, it's that I value my parents' hard work so that even $60 wasted is not worth it to me.

I appreciate your input, as well as the OP's, even though you're being a little hostile. I just wanted to chime in with my own thoughts and opinions. Again, I'm happy that you and the OP have found some use out of it, but since it's simply an "input amplifier", I'd rather not spend $60 for just a test run.
Lol
Old 10-27-2014, 01:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
I did hear very positive reviews with people who had this and negative with people who don't. But I'm staying out of this tho lol. Just saying and thanks for the review!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by xjaymzzx
I did hear very positive reviews with people who had this and negative with people who don't. But I'm staying out of this tho lol. Just saying and thanks for the review!

http://mindhacks.com/2007/12/17/cogn...nce-reduction/
Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE

An admirable, role-model answer for many other youthful members here. Congratulations also to your parents on their good work!