C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Cursed sport front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 4 matic
Cursed sport front bumper

I am the victim of the cursed scrape of the front bumper on those cement parking lot dividers. So after punishing myself, I wanted to know if there is any repair short of the body shop pulling, sanding and then re-painting the entire bumber. The area itself is underneath the passenger side and is a scrape thru the clear coat and paint that measures about 6 inches long and 4 wide.

It is not visible from the front unless you are on hands and knees so I don't feel it's worth the body shop remedy. Ideas?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by Mrbruce
I am the victim of the cursed scrape of the front bumper on those cement parking lot dividers. So after punishing myself, I wanted to know if there is any repair short of the body shop pulling, sanding and then re-painting the entire bumber. The area itself is underneath the passenger side and is a scrape thru the clear coat and paint that measures about 6 inches long and 4 wide.

It is not visible from the front unless you are on hands and knees so I don't feel it's worth the body shop remedy. Ideas?
I get the scrapes from going too fast into inclines and my remedy was to simply clean the area, and apply touch up paint. My scratches were very minor though, and nobody would have been able to even notice unless they were on the ground and under my car. With the touch up paint, it's pretty much gone.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220 CDI SLK 200
If you have some mechanical skills or a freind who has some, a fibre glass repair kit can accomplish the job in a weekend
sand back the damage and apply a few sheets of glass fibre and let it set
after it has set use an electric sander to smooth it out to the original shape and then apply primer and lightly sand that to a smooth surface
A can of matching spray paint acquired from the MB dealer will then finish the job
With glass fibre always wear protective clothing, it itches and can cause problems if it gets in your lungs