C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 07:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

I plan on buying a used (2008-13) C300, what advice do you have for me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe, 2017 GLE 350 4MATIC P3
Originally Posted by thesh0rty
Ok...that makes sense. I am moving back to the US this next week and mine did pretty good in the German snow, but I think the 4MATIC would have been helpful for sure. Now I am moving to Vegas so no need for 4MATIC so it works out. I would get out there and test drive a few to see what feels better to you...especially the sport like mine. The AMG seating and colors make it sporty and the seats lock you in place. I went from a 08' C300 sport to this 13' C350 sport and hands down no contest. much quicker off the jump and a sheer blast on the autobahn here....might prove to be dissapointing once back to normal daily driving.
Were you running All-Season tires?

If your looking to sell your C350 how many miles are on it? And it's fully loaded? PM me if you don't want to share here.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by Bo$$
Were you running All-Season tires?

If your looking to sell your C350 how many miles are on it? And it's fully loaded? PM me if you don't want to share here.
Yes, ran all-season tires on it, but will need new tires once in Vegas and will probably go performance this go round. My car is still on its way to vegas, but will be talking about selling once registered...think that takes about a month...not sure. It has 26K miles on it and not fully loaded, but well equiped.
Bi-Xenon Headlamps w/active curve illumination
Panorama Sunroof
KEYLESS Go & KEYLESS entry
AMG Sport Package - 18" wheels, spoiler, red stitching throughout, red seat-belts, floor mats w/ red stitching
Multi-media Package - hard drive navigation, rear camera, voice control, hard drive with music register, in-dash SD-memory card
HARMON KARDON Sound System with IPod/MP3/HD, Blue Tooth & BT Audio
Old 05-31-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C300 4M, 2004 Tacoma 4x4, Scott Speedster S40
Some of the pricing you guys are seeing is absurd. CPO's at the dealer were well north of $30K. The dealer tried to sell me a CPO 30K+ mile Sport 4M that was $32K, and was black with tan and wood trim. Not my first pick by a long shot.

I paid $27K flat at a CarMax a month ago for my 2013 C300 Sport 4M, had a hair under 24K miles. A few small scratches that I've since buffed out, and some tiny curb rash dings in the wheels. But the stock 17's will get retired next spring for some 18" AMG wheels, and go to strict winter duty.

Silver with the black MBTex, and aluminum interior trim, which is precisely what I wanted and damn near impossible to locate! The local MB dealer is replacing the de-laminating center caps under warranty. It took me about 2 months to find my car, but the patience was worth it. No accidents, no reports in the Carfax, and fairly basic equipped but it did come with the Map Pilot system-disconnected in the glove box- which CarMax had no idea about because they bump up the cost of the "nav-equipped" models substantially.

I nearly bought a black AMG Sport equipped model for $30K that had 17K miles and all the bells and whistles, including the panoramic roof, but it was a smoker's car, and that smell would never come out, and I have to occasionally take clients out in my car. (CarMax again)

I do wish i had the backup cam, but otherwise, I'm very happy with it.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C300 4Matic - R170 SLK230 Kompressor
My opinion and take it with a grain of salt.
1.Preferably buy certified pre owned for warranty.
2. If not from a dealer take it to a trustworthy indy or Mercedes-Benz dealer and have it checked out and ask service or parts to pull the maintenance history. 150 buck now could save you thousands in a week or 2 when something you missed pops up.
3. Check all the rims. They are always bent cracked or both. If not your good. If they are make it known and use it to your advantage.
4. Check a car fax. Not everything gets reported but if insurance paid on it it will. It'll will also say if it failed inspection anytime in it's life. Look for overspray on moldings and tape lines. Also look for paint runs near bottom or under the bumper these will be signs of previous repairs.