C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Advice Needed on F%&%# Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
Advice Needed on F%&%# Oil Change

I have a 2009 C350 that I took in for A Service. I will not name which Benz location. Somehow they screwed up the oil change, the night after I got it back I got the Check Oil at Next Refueling indicator on the dashboard. The next morning I look under the car and see a puddle of oil. I popped the hood and I see engine oil all over the lower part of the engine compartment and surrounding areas including the belts and pulleys. The oil did not spill/leak from the top as the oil cap is dry. See pictures below.I have emailed my service adviser and copied the management on it. They have the car now, but I want to know the risks and damages of getting engine oil on the parts mentioned above.

I am not a happy camper at this time.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 MBZ C230K and '09 MBZ C350
The alternator is soaked with oil. I don't know if the oil will ruin/damage the alternator. Tell the service advisor that it should be replaced.

I was thinking: maybe the mechanic spilled some oil into the engine area while changing the oil (he probably was using the evacuator machine to suck old oil out through the dipstick. It's possible that the tube came out and sprayed/spilled oil into the engine area).

He probably didn't put enough fresh oil in the engine? that could explain why your computer dashboard was telling you that it needs some oil at the next gas station.