C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bent or Out of Balance Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C350
Bent or Out of Balance Wheel

I might have a bend or out of balance wheel on the car. I can't exactly tell. Seems like at certain speed the car drives oddly (shakes slightly, vibrates). Low speeds (up to 30 mph) smooth. I am leaning more towards a out of balance wheel since I think that if the wheel itself was bent it would feel odd at all speeds... Am I correct on that assumption? Also I do have the tire psi light on but I just have not had a chance to take care of it since it came on last night. I did hit a couple of large bumps on the interstate itself in the Dallas area. I do not know if its common for these wheels to be bent from that or they require a lot more impact. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 c300 4matic
Could be either or. I have had both happen to me before. My stock 18s were indestructible though, I hit numerous large potholes, curbs etc.. never cracked.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:03 PM

C350
Originally Posted by Thaa kiid Jlee
Could be either or. I have had both happen to me before. My stock 18s were indestructible though, I hit numerous large potholes, curbs etc.. never cracked.

I talked to the dealership and they say that they see it often.. I guess my first step is going to be to get a balance done and then see how it is after that. If it is a bent wheel they told me that there is a company that fixes the wheels instead of actually having to replace them. So I might go that route.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM

C350
After finally having a chance to check out the wheel themselves it seems as if I have 3 bent wheels on the car. 2 of the bent wheels (The front two) I have known about for awhile. Now the 3rd (LR) is new to me. I was considering repairing the wheels since that is the cheaper solution and I have heard good things about. It seems to be the most cost effective fix. Any advice on that aspect of things? I figured I would get all 3 of the wheels fixed while I was at it.