C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Parking lights & fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Parking lights & fog lights

Hi all,

I have searched and searched, to no avail. As this may be a W204 specific issue, I've posted this in the W204 forum.

I have a 2013 C300 Sport. I would like to be able to put the parking lights on with the LED "fog" lights (daytime running lights) running at the same time. It seems that when you manually switch the parking lights on, the car automatically shuts the LED's off.

I have the lighting package, and the little LED "city" lights in the headlight housing look really mean, especially with the LED fog strips illuminated below.

The same goes for when you manually switch on the low beams...the fogs turn off.

Is it possible to change this in settings? Is there a way to keep the LED fogs/DRL' on all the time?

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by Dr.Fox
Hi all,

I have searched and searched, to no avail. As this may be a W204 specific issue, I've posted this in the W204 forum.

I have a 2013 C300 Sport. I would like to be able to put the parking lights on with the LED "fog" lights (daytime running lights) running at the same time. It seems that when you manually switch the parking lights on, the car automatically shuts the LED's off.

I have the lighting package, and the little LED "city" lights in the headlight housing look really mean, especially with the LED fog strips illuminated below.

The same goes for when you manually switch on the low beams...the fogs turn off.

Is it possible to change this in settings? Is there a way to keep the LED fogs/DRL' on all the time?

Thanks ahead of time!
As far as I can tell, the lighting modes are as follows:

Lights on AUTO - DRL on
Headlights turned on manually - DRL off
Parking lights turned on manually - DRL off

I don't believe there is a way to program the DRL's to be on when the parking lights are on.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by W57thNY
As far as I can tell, the lighting modes are as follows:

Lights on AUTO - DRL on
Headlights turned on manually - DRL off
Parking lights turned on manually - DRL off

I don't believe there is a way to program the DRL's to be on when the parking lights are on.
Ok, thanks