C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My First Mercedes Ever, And My Reaction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4-Matic Sport
Smile My First Mercedes Ever, And My Reaction

Hello Mercedes Friends!

Recently, I got in to a little ding, and decided to go to Honda And thought of an Accord as my first response. Surprisingly, They had horrid used accords, but then I saw her.

It was a 08 Mercedes Benz 4MATIC Sport

The Mileage Was Very Low For That Year, And Everything Was Updated And Maintained Prior, From the Tires that Still had that yellow and red line on them, even to the Mercedes logo'd windshield wipers with the sticker on it.

My Reaction:

I wasn't so sure how I felt about Mercedes, I've heard it's expensive to maintain and didn't know if I had the Financial Capability Yet... I took her for a ride, and WOW....

I Purchased That Day, and I realized I was capable financially. It's only been 3 days and every time I got in, I felt as if I'm driving a plane with no sound since it is so quit and comfortable!

From A Malibu Driver, To Mercedes It Was A HUGE Step Up, and I believe I will Forever Love And Have Mercedes For The Rest Of My Life... I am now....

A MB Fan.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by Ferris_MB1
Hello Mercedes Friends!

Recently, I got in to a little ding, and decided to go to Honda And thought of an Accord as my first response. Surprisingly, They had horrid used accords, but then I saw her.

It was a 08 Mercedes Benz 4MATIC Sport

The Mileage Was Very Low For That Year, And Everything Was Updated And Maintained Prior, From the Tires that Still had that yellow and red line on them, even to the Mercedes logo'd windshield wipers with the sticker on it.

My Reaction:

I wasn't so sure how I felt about Mercedes, I've heard it's expensive to maintain and didn't know if I had the Financial Capability Yet... I took her for a ride, and WOW....

I Purchased That Day, and I realized I was capable financially. It's only been 3 days and every time I got in, I felt as if I'm driving a plane with no sound since it is so quit and comfortable!

From A Malibu Driver, To Mercedes It Was A HUGE Step Up, and I believe I will Forever Love And Have Mercedes For The Rest Of My Life... I am now....

A MB Fan.

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz family. They are wonderful cars, though it is important to keep up on the maintenance. It may be a little more expensive, but like everything else, if you can do a bit of it yourself, and look for a reputable shop, you should be in good shape. There really isn't anything like a Mercedes-Benz. What was the mileage?
Old 05-24-2015, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4-Matic Sport
Originally Posted by W57thNY
Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz family. They are wonderful cars, though it is important to keep up on the maintenance. It may be a little more expensive, but like everything else, if you can do a bit of it yourself, and look for a reputable shop, you should be in good shape. There really isn't anything like a Mercedes-Benz. What was the mileage?
Thank You For The Welcoming! It was About 90k Although Honda Actually Updated Everything Prior To Listing Which was a huge help, I knew a friend there from my work(Huge Help) and he told me, everything is up-to-date and fully maintained.

And Yes! My Mechanic Is A Family Friend, and well trusted! I will always be sure to use genuine parts on any repairs in the future.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C200 AMG Line, Premium, 4dr, 9G, Brilliant Blue with Porcelain Trim
I too am a first time Mercedes owner. Had many German cars in the past, mostly VW plus a BMW which I hated. Not sure where they get 'Driving Machine' from, it drove like a truck !! Plus the Flash Harry image didn't suit me.

My previous car was a VW Eos. Loved the car but not the water leaks. It came to a point that enough was enough. Been watching a C220 on a Honda forecourt and it was finally reduced to an affordable price. Did a deal with the Eos and hey presto I am a Mercedes owner !!

So far I love it, miss the drop top but not the water leaks. Drives really nice, has sufficient grunt and a good image. The only negative side for me is that it is Black.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by AyJayDee
I too am a first time Mercedes owner. Had many German cars in the past, mostly VW plus a BMW which I hated. Not sure where they get 'Driving Machine' from, it drove like a truck !! Plus the Flash Harry image didn't suit me.

My previous car was a VW Eos. Loved the car but not the water leaks. It came to a point that enough was enough. Been watching a C220 on a Honda forecourt and it was finally reduced to an affordable price. Did a deal with the Eos and hey presto I am a Mercedes owner !!

So far I love it, miss the drop top but not the water leaks. Drives really nice, has sufficient grunt and a good image. The only negative side for me is that it is Black.
I'm not sure which BMW you had that 'drove like a truck', but every single one I've driven 3 & 5 Series mainly, were all an absolute joy. Mind you, I've only experienced them as rental cars, so I only lived with each for about a week at best. I have no long term experience with the brand. Given the choice between a 3, and a C, on a windy Southern California road, I'd have to choose the 3 over the C. While I love my C, it definitely can't keep up with a 328 through the twistys, but overall, the C just feels right overall. The C, and 3 (and even the A4 in Quattro guise), seem to aim at the same group, but each car has a distinctly different personality.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Bil

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic, 2000 Mustang GT Vert. Supercharged
Same here first Mercedes. I found a C300 2013 4Matic brand new never sold at MB dealership. He had quite a few, took the one with most option, paid about same price as CPO for a new car.

Very happy with my purchase.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 348 Likes on 213 Posts
15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
Most people are VERY happy with their Mercedes-Benz until the maintenance/repair bills come. The key is that you shouldn't be surprised with bills 5x the cost of your Malibu. If you can wrench on it yourself, do it. If not, find a good independent mechanic.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C200 AMG Line, Premium, 4dr, 9G, Brilliant Blue with Porcelain Trim
Originally Posted by W57thNY
I'm not sure which BMW you had that 'drove like a truck', but every single one I've driven 3 & 5 Series mainly, were all an absolute joy. Mind you, I've only experienced them as rental cars, so I only lived with each for about a week at best. I have no long term experience with the brand. Given the choice between a 3, and a C, on a windy Southern California road, I'd have to choose the 3 over the C. While I love my C, it definitely can't keep up with a 328 through the twistys, but overall, the C just feels right overall. The C, and 3 (and even the A4 in Quattro guise), seem to aim at the same group, but each car has a distinctly different personality.
Hi W57thNY,

It was a rather lowly 2006 318Ci Convertible. I think the main problem was keeping up with pedestrians LOL, but in comparison to a VW the steering was heavy, the clutch was heavy and so was the gearbox. A VW is a much better drivers car. I can't say that it handled that well either. Maybe with a six potter under the hood it would have been a different car. But at the time we just wanted a little fresh air motoring

Last edited by AyJayDee; 05-25-2015 at 09:36 AM.