C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

summer detail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
summer detail

After my ML got applied with cquartz finest last week I decided to do it on my own and apply the consumer version instead and not pay $650 to get it applied ($1k for the finest installed). After 14 hours or rigorous washing, claying, polishing and a lot of swearing I am in love again with my 6 year old C300. I used cquartz (not the UK version) and applied 2 coats. There are a few spots that I need to redo but I was expecting that because this is the first time I used the product. The picture does not do justice to the actual shine, slickness and gloss. It did made the paint darker which I like.

NO MORE WAXING FOR ME!

My ML with cquartz finest

One thing for sure I find the cquartz finest to give more depth on the paint and this is on the paladium silver color and I can't imagine what it will look like on the teneorite gray color which I think will be drop dead gorgeous. I will be applying Reload after a week and I was told it will add more gloss and slickness to the finish.

I still have 2/3rds of the solution left so maybe I will do the gray B200 turbo and then the Dark blue Honda Odyssey next.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 10-09-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C250 Sport
Nice work! Should last you about two years. I had my cquartz wax and polish done on my 2013 c250 that is steel gray metallic about a month ago and it made the car look better then off the showroom floor! Amazing color depth. And the rain beads so crazy! I had my friend that owns his own detailing company do mine and it was well worth the money. Especially since I got the friends price! Lol highly recommend to anyone that is interested in this product.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe
Where did you buy it? I'm located in Vancouver as well and would like to do this to my Black C350. Do you find it takes out swirl marks etc as well?

The paint on my car was looking a bit dull so a month or so ago I hit it with a fine cut cleaner, swirl remover, glaze and then a wax after, it looks MUCH MUCH better than it did before but I can still see some imperfections every here and there, if the cquartz fills that in I would be very happy.

I'll have to do some research on it as this is the first I've ever heard about it lol. Nice car BTW
Old 05-25-2015, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Jared26, you need to do a proper polish and I mean PROPER to get those swirls out before you apply the cquartz. The cquartz does fill some of the hair line swirls but those will still show when you hit the car with a high-powered LED light. I used the 1-2-3 3M perfect it polish compounds with the right pads to get those swirls off.

The nearest authorized carpro products that I can get my hands on came from Calgary Carzilla.ca give Chris a call first before buying as he recommend the original cquartz vs the UK version because the temperature is perfect for the original version. You better buy Reload as well. Their price is pretty good and shipping was fast so no need to worry about US conversion.

Since your car is black and if you cannot get rid of those swirls take your car to a detailing shop and pay them to do the proper cut and watch them. Tell them you do not want any filler on your car and do a alcohol/water mixture wash afterwards. Do the same thing after you bring your car home to make sure the panels are free from oils and then you apply the cquartz. There is youtube link that was done by carpro and watch it at least 3 times to understand it since black cars tend to be more less forgiving with improper installation as you will see haze marks.