C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Front seat removal and leather repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Front seat removal and leather repair

I would like to know if any one has taken apart a c300 2008 front seat. My leather has separated on stitching and need a repair.. They want 400$ for complete job but I think I can save some by removing the seat my self.

Any rec or ideas .. Thanks mb chat
Old 05-29-2015, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Shouldn't be that difficult, the only worry is the airbag's in the seat. In most cases you start by disconnecting the battery and making sure there is no electrical charge left in the car (usually done by tapping the brakes a few times) then it should be 4 bolts below the seat but considering it's electronic, you might consider removing the bolts first before you disconnect the power as you'd need to move the seats back and forth to have room to access the bolts. Then disconnect the harness and remove the seat.

I think a portion of the seats (the back pocket piece) are snap on, the rest probably use hog rings which you can bend with pliers to disconnect (but there is alot of them). Remove all the rings but save them in case you can't find replacements, then slowly work the leather off the seat.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 AM

C300
Thank you.!

I'm pretty car handy guy and this information is a good start. Thank you for helping out. Looks like this weekend will be a no go as work came into play. But next Saturday I might take some pics with the process and post it here.

Any other information would be helpful as well.

Thank again
Old 05-29-2015, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Good luck and let us know how it works out. It's on my to do list but I haven't found any supplier that makes decent leather replacements. Plus I'm running luxury seats so I'm waiting for a set of used sport seats to pop up before I do anything.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:17 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
Good luck and let us know how it works out. It's on my to do list but I haven't found any supplier that makes decent leather replacements. Plus I'm running luxury seats so I'm waiting for a set of used sport seats to pop up before I do anything.
Luxury seats ? I have the stock leather ones but the cheap leather had its turn. Time to replace it with some custom stuff. I wanted to get amg's but for that price that they want I'd rather keep these and do something else...

I'll def post the progress and some pics
Old 05-29-2015, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by Vision1c300
Luxury seats ? I have the stock leather ones but the cheap leather had its turn. Time to replace it with some custom stuff. I wanted to get amg's but for that price that they want I'd rather keep these and do something else...

THe luxury/avantgarde models uses different seats than the AMG sports package models do. The lux model seats have less bolstering.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:04 AM

2008 C350
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Vision1c300

Did you ever repair your seats? I'd like to see finished look...my driver seat has come apart at stitching as well......(08 C350)....I found a guy who'd do it for $300......I'd like to remove the seat myself.....
Old 08-17-2015, 05:43 PM

2008 Mercedes C350 W204
drs1heart,

Check out the seat covers from Top Car Athens. Not real leather, but they look good and cover your entire front and back seats (about $330 total w/shipping). They took about 4 hours to properly install, but I took my time and was working by myself. Another set of hands (plus eyes and another brain!) would have made it go much faster.

http://www.topcar-athens.com/product...te_seat_covers

I ordered them and Angela took care of making sure I received the right ones for my car. She speak fluent English. If you have fold down rear seats, let her know. They look good and wear very well. When I go to sell my car, the new owner can either keep them on or remove them and have like new stock seats.