C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Still getting the run around trying to update comand firmware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Still getting the run around trying to update comand firmware

Since I bought the car in august 2014 , I've been trying to get MB to update the firmware on the car

It's out of date and is still using the stock firmware from the factory 02-2011 ... I've given them a few problems between Bluetooth and volume issues to try and get them to update it whenever I have it in for service

But they always have an excuse to avoid doing the update , the latest being that their are So many updates available and the tech would have to try each one to find the 'right' update

I call bs on that , find the latest update for that version of comand and install it ! I'd do it myself long ago If not for the need for the star computer

Why are they being so stingy about updating the firmware , I already did the maps myself, and I'm willing to pay for the time to update it !
Old 06-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
I had no issues getting mine done when I told SA my media interface doesn't always work. The update did not give me what I was looking for and now media interface works even worse so I am going to have to ask again. Hopefully no excuses this time around, he told me a ML had an issue like that and they replaced the HU lol.