C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Check Left Mirror Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Check Left Mirror Signal

So I received this message recently. It seems as the LED bulb in the left mirror signal is blown out. I searched threads and found some where it said I would have to replace the whole light housing because the LED bulb technically is not replaceable.

I was wondering how much I would be spending if I bought it and DIY myself? Should I stick with OEM or aftermarket?

I might get one of my shop guys to check it out also for pricing.

Open to thoughts. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C350
I recently had to replace mine. Found an OEM one on eBay for about $40 I think. The precedure is not that hard. I think there was a video on youtube. If you have the prefacelift I think you just pry the cover with the light assembly off the mirror housing and unscrew the 2 or 3 torx bolts holding it on and unplug the wiring. For a first timer it took me about 30 minutes, but I basically disassembed the whole mirror before finding out I can just pry the cover off(painted part of the mirror).
Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM

I think that was about what the shop quoted me for. Didn't mention labor which I'm sure they might try to chump me at least $100+.

Let me try to find the DIY on here. If anyone has it handy, please link thanks.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:09 AM

Quick update. Went to pick up my permanent plates yesterday at the dealer and the guy at the shop said the LED is not burned out. He believes the wiring is damage due to the folding in of the mirror too much.

Anyone have any experience doing this themselves or its better off letting the guy do it? He mentioned there are tons of wires and its annoying to find the right one.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:14 AM

'09 C350
sounds like bull crap. Do you really have folding mirrors any way? I thought only a few of the 2008 MY had those and none of the 2009. Usually the LEDs burn out because water gets in the housing. Does the housing look a bit hazy/condensation in it? Like I said pull out the mirror cap/cover and take a look.

Here's a video for the face-lift model, but I think it's the same procedure for the pre-facelift ones:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 AM

yea it actually has folding mirrors, lol. not the automatic ones, but manual where you can fold them in to prevent traffic from clipping it off when parked.

I might check it out myself later this week when I have the time. Thanks for the DIY video.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:55 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by gnueliafnak
yea it actually has folding mirrors, lol. not the automatic ones, but manual where you can fold them in to prevent traffic from clipping it off when parked.

I might check it out myself later this week when I have the time. Thanks for the DIY video.
Ok, in that car every car on the road has "folding mirrors". Either way, I've never seen damaged wiring on mirrors as even if you fold them, the harness technically does not move.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:51 PM

Quick update. So I think it has a life of its own now.

It miraculously worked again and then moments later didn't work, then worked again etc.

It seems as though vibrations etc. seemed to jolt it back and then takes it away.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:10 PM

ML 350 2010 Blue tech
Hi vipsa, Good morning ! everything you mention regarding the folding mirror is right, unfortunately I have my ML350, 2010, and i have the automatic folding mirror signal light driver side giving me the problem. my LED light stop working and I did replace it with OEM parts which cost me $110,but after I replace it , with OEM parts ( kit complete assembly LED) still never work and give me a signal to my dashboard LEFT SIGNAL LIGHT PROBLEM. do you have any clue what could be the cause? thank you in adavance.