C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 Xenon Headlights Flickering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4MATIC
C300 Xenon Headlights Flickering

I have a 2009 C300 Sport with Xenon headlights. Twice over the past week after starting up the car and switching on the headlights, both headlights have flickered on and off several times before staying lit. As they flicker on and off, the headlight indicator light in the instrument cluster flickers on and off as well, as if I'm switching the lights on and off. My first thought is that my switch is bad, which looks relatively cheap and easy to replace.

Before I go ahead and order the part, I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this issue and found it to be caused by something else. I don't think this is related, but the first time the headlights flickered I got out and walked around the car to check all of my other lights, and noticed that my passenger side, side marker bulb is on it's way out. It's still lit, but very dimly. I'll be replacing that this weekend.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:44 AM

2009 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by Dustindustrial
I have a 2009 C300 Sport with Xenon headlights. Twice over the past week after starting up the car and switching on the headlights, both headlights have flickered on and off several times before staying lit. As they flicker on and off, the headlight indicator light in the instrument cluster flickers on and off as well, as if I'm switching the lights on and off. My first thought is that my switch is bad, which looks relatively cheap and easy to replace.

Before I go ahead and order the part, I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this issue and found it to be caused by something else. I don't think this is related, but the first time the headlights flickered I got out and walked around the car to check all of my other lights, and noticed that my passenger side, side marker bulb is on it's way out. It's still lit, but very dimly. I'll be replacing that this weekend.
Have you had this fixed yet? If so what was the price? Was it a hassle to install?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:17 PM

2009 C300 Sport 4MATIC
I did end up replacing the headlight switch. I was able to get a used switch on eBay for $75. So far I have not had any issues, but it's only been a week, and the flickering was intermittent, so time will tell if this actually fixed the problem. Replacing the switch was easy, and took maybe 15 minutes or so. I followed the instructions posted here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...h-removal.html