C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

3 piece wheels question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
3 piece wheels question

anyone have any recommendations of affordable brands? my new wheels were put on "back order" and i was given a some time to change my mind on them. The wheel shop I went to is trying to get me to change to 3 piece he said with the rims I ordered I should just get 3 piece rims as they wouldn't cost much more.

I ordered Mandrus Rotec 18" staggered set up (1700$for the set which isn't bad hard to believe 3 piece rims are in the same ball park I was in a rush and didn't have time to look at the options but I will try to get in Monday and do so)

I like the multi spoke style and want to stay with 18's. the brands i've looked at are pricy like BC foraged, HRE BUT have the nice multi spoke 3 piece rims in 18" that I like BUT (3500$ for the set ouch)

any recommendations on brands would be appreciated
Old 02-11-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sedan
I don't think there are any affordable 3PC brands, other than used 3PC brands. I tease myself looking at Avant Garde 3pc designs but they go for anywhere between 4k-5k, just one wheel of their 3pc designs in custom finish would be worth more than my whole set of M590's lol. But off the top of my head, the most affordable 3pc wheel I know of right now are the VIP Modular VRC-110, those are about 350/wheel at the places I've seen, but those are mesh design. I really like the Work Emotion CR 2 Piece, those go for 2770 a set in their standard finishes, but are custom made to order from Japan and take about 3 Months to get to you. Those Mandrus Rotecs are sweet looking though. I like to frequent www.getyourwheels.com and just browse through all the choices.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mr.brightside
I don't think there are any affordable 3PC brands, other than used 3PC brands. I tease myself looking at Avant Garde 3pc designs but they go for anywhere between 4k-5k, just one wheel of their 3pc designs in custom finish would be worth more than my whole set of M590's lol. But off the top of my head, the most affordable 3pc wheel I know of right now are the VIP Modular VRC-110, those are about 350/wheel at the places I've seen, but those are mesh design. I really like the Work Emotion CR 2 Piece, those go for 2770 a set in their standard finishes, but are custom made to order from Japan and take about 3 Months to get to you. Those Mandrus Rotecs are sweet looking though. I like to frequent www.getyourwheels.com and just browse through all the choices.
hey appreciate the quick response. I know i think he just wants me to spend more but I really don't want to hahahaha. The Mandrus have been on my list since i got the car and I stupidly went with replica AMG they where nice but I just sold them. The Mandrus Rotec are apparently special orders in Canada so the wait is like 7-8 weeks!!! its not bad because thats hopefully when winter is over. I'm still interested in what he has to show me but its just hard to believe thats its even close to that price. Ill take a look at that site now and see what they have.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 MB C350
Originally Posted by newmbmarko
hey appreciate the quick response. I know i think he just wants me to spend more but I really don't want to hahahaha. The Mandrus have been on my list since i got the car and I stupidly went with replica AMG they where nice but I just sold them. The Mandrus Rotec are apparently special orders in Canada so the wait is like 7-8 weeks!!! its not bad because thats hopefully when winter is over. I'm still interested in what he has to show me but its just hard to believe thats its even close to that price. Ill take a look at that site now and see what they have.
Just like what mr.brightside said you can get a used 2-3 piece wheels for under $3000 check out VRWheels. They're located in So Cal though. I know most ppl are tend to go that route rather than buying a brand new set of wheels. Lots of japanese brands that actually looks great on our W204's and also brabus wheels.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Widebody V8
Because there are quite a lot of wheel manufacturers out there, you'll see a very vast amount of prices that are out there.

The simple rule of thumb that will continue to preach is that there are three options for a wheel in total, you may only pick TWO. You have a Light Wheel/Strong Wheel/Inexpensive Wheel.

Let me go more into detail. If you're only picking two options only, if you pick a light wheel that's also inexpensive, it's likely not going to be strong. If you pick a strong wheel that's inexpensive, it's likely to be pretty darn heavy. Now if you go with the magical selection of light and strong, it will not be inexpensive. The cost of materials that are significantly stronger and lighter like 6061-T6 forged aluminum which is what we use here. The cost of the materials is one thing, but when you add in the labor to make the design, the cost of powdercoat and all the labor in between that, to get it to the absolute perfection that we require for our quality control, you'll get a higher price. It is true though, you do get what you pay for, so finding a structurally sound wheel durable enough for the abuse of daily driving or even on the race track, comes at a price which I'm personally not willing to sacrifice but then again I'm a bit biased on that point, but it's something to consider when searching for wheels.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Because there are quite a lot of wheel manufacturers out there, you'll see a very vast amount of prices that are out there.

The simple rule of thumb that will continue to preach is that there are three options for a wheel in total, you may only pick TWO. You have a Light Wheel/Strong Wheel/Inexpensive Wheel.

Let me go more into detail. If you're only picking two options only, if you pick a light wheel that's also inexpensive, it's likely not going to be strong. If you pick a strong wheel that's inexpensive, it's likely to be pretty darn heavy. Now if you go with the magical selection of light and strong, it will not be inexpensive. The cost of materials that are significantly stronger and lighter like 6061-T6 forged aluminum which is what we use here. The cost of the materials is one thing, but when you add in the labor to make the design, the cost of powdercoat and all the labor in between that, to get it to the absolute perfection that we require for our quality control, you'll get a higher price. It is true though, you do get what you pay for, so finding a structurally sound wheel durable enough for the abuse of daily driving or even on the race track, comes at a price which I'm personally not willing to sacrifice but then again I'm a bit biased on that point, but it's something to consider when searching for wheels.
I agree but the Canadian dollar sucks! if it was par with USD I'd defiantly get a set of HRE wheels you have the style I really want but the cost with the dollar being lower its just a bit pricy
Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 c300 4matic sport
anyone have any recommendations of affordable brands? my new wheels were put on "back order" and i was given a some time to change my mind on them. The wheel shop I went to is trying to get me to change to 3 piece he said with the rims I ordered I should just get 3 piece rims as they wouldn't cost much more.

I ordered Mandrus Rotec 18" staggered set up (1700$for the set which isn't bad hard to believe 3 piece rims are in the same ball park I was in a rush and didn't have time to look at the options but I will try to get in Monday and do so)

I like the multi spoke style and want to stay with 18's. the brands i've looked at are pricy like BC foraged, HRE BUT have the nice multi spoke 3 piece rims in 18" that I like BUT (3500$ for the set ouch)

Get the mandrus rotecs man I have the 17 inch staggerered setup for mine and i love them they look even better in person and there well made
Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 PM

2011 c300 4matic sport

and last year i tried to purchase them around this time there always on back order same wiating time as you were quoted if you wait till the summer when i bought these back in june i believe you wont have to wait theyll have more in stock to ship out I waited a week to get mine from car id
Old 02-17-2016, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cscals17
Get the mandrus rotecs man I have the 17 inch staggerered setup for mine and i love them they look even better in person and there well made
damn they do look nice in black! i was thinking silver and if i want black I could just wrap them or something how do they sit on the car ?are they flush with the fender or just a bit inside like OEM? its a bit hard to tell from your pics post more pics please make the decision easier for me hahaha i think I'm going to stick with them but I have till friday to make up my mind

also it nice to see the benz centre caps fit on them!

another question do you keep them on all year round? I was wondering if they would hold up in the snow/ extreme cold or should I just keep them as summers and use the original rims for winters.

its nice to get a chance to talk to someone who owns them!!!! appreciate the input and help thanks

ahh i see the picture on your profile they look sharp!

Last edited by MB Marko; 02-17-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 AM

2011 c300 4matic sport
damn they do look nice in black! i was thinking silver and if i want black I could just wrap them or something how do they sit on the car ?are they flush with the fender or just a bit inside like OEM? its a bit hard to tell from your pics post more pics please make the decision easier for me hahaha i think I'm going to stick with them but I have till friday to make up my mind

also it nice to see the benz centre caps fit on them!

another question do you keep them on all year round? I was wondering if they would hold up in the snow/ extreme cold or should I just keep them as summers and use the original rims for winters.

its nice to get a chance to talk to someone who owns them!!!! appreciate the input and help thanks

ahh i see the picture on your profile they look sharp!

Thanks for the complements and yeah its hard finding a good set of pictures with this specific set of wheels but im glad to help out but there pretty solid rotary forged so there not crap and weather wise I dont take it out in the snow and rarely in the salt but i have no problems with mine and the staggered setup fit perfectly with my stock tires I previously had the 17s so i didnt want to go up a size didnt have to do anything weird to them and they fit just like the oem ones I get compliments all the time in person they almost look like the 19 inch amg multi spoke rims but i cant post anything now but check my instagram i have a ton of pics with them on!! let me know if you have any more questions