C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

08 C300 luxury HID + LED upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
08 C300 luxury HID + LED upgrades

whats up everyone, Just wanted to post an update on my recent lights upgrade on my C. I purchased the Morimoto XB35 HID kits (5000k), Led Parking lights (5000k), tail light led replacement kids all bulbs, and Led Kit for the fog lights that i have yet to install. The Morimoto kit is a very good kit, best kit ive owned so far, would definitely recommend it. It was just a little challenging finding safe spots to mount the ballasts to but other than that the installation wasn't hard at all. The only issue i had so far was from the parking lights LEDS, they just flicker every now and then, but ive been in touch with mike and i still have a few things i gotta try, but i have full faith that they'll work. Mike has been very helpful and have been very quick in response to any questions i had. ill post an update as soon as i install the fog lights. dont mind providing pics upon request.
After installing fogs, i gotta come up with a way to stabilize the grill, its hasnt been staying in place with the clips.
Im also thinking about buying rims/ H&R springs and maybe an x pipe/ muffler delete.
would MD cause inspection problems in NJ? and would that setup cause an obnoxious sound, im looking for deep, clean, not too loud sound?
also in regards to the rim upgrade, this questions sounds a little stupid to me but just trying to make sure, if i were to get 18" or 19" rims + wheels would that cause any complications at all? stock size is 17"x7.5.

Cheers.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts
2016 S550
I recommend the morimoto HID kit as well. Very good quality and will last. Outstanding warranty.

As for the parking lights, I've gone through various versions of the LEDs, they all eventually flicker. The problem is that they get so hot, the solder joints melt and de-solder themselves, or become weak contact points. I have some LEDs that even came completely off. The issue is the heat. This is issue is sped up if you have DRL on during the day. DRL uses the parking lights. A hot sunny day, plus hot LEDs will be bad. I've eventually stopped and went back to OEM bulbs since I didn't like replacing the LEDs so often.