C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Flatout Suspension 5710 Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 10:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C300 w204
Flatout Suspension 5710 Review

Flatout 5710 Review:
http://www.flatoutsuspension.com/collections/benz
I can't remember if I posted this or not, if I did, I'm sorry, read it again! 😜

Back when Flatout Suspension was developing a suspension for the 4Matic I was intrigued. I knew I wanted to lower the car but I didn't want air and I couldn't really find anything that fit my needs. I sent a message, explained that I'm beyond the days of tucking tires, I go to the tracks to get my 'need for speed' out of my system, but I needed something I could dial back when hauling the wife and kids.

After much thinking, I pulled the trigger and got the 2-way 5710.

As some of you know, I work on cars all day long, the last thing I wanted to do was work on one on my own time. I kicked the box around, called some shops and got quotes for someone else to do it. Hearing $700-800 over and over, and with a friend that just happened to stop by I said "hey, you feel like helping me knock out my suspension?" He enthusiastically agreed; meanwhile at 9am on a Saturday and no coffee I was less than enthused. I told my wife I'd be busy for a little while and we got to work. I figured the rears would be the hardest so we tackled that first. Me on one side, him on the other passing tools back and forth, we were done in 45 minutes. I gave it a 'this is probably good' set up and bolted the wheels on and set it down. We repeated our process up front and punched the clock in 30 minutes. 1hr 15 minutes. $800, psssssssht.

It was a little low and I said "I'll deal with it later." That meant 3 months later.

I took before and after set up measurements. I'm dropped exactly .5" in the front and .75" in the rear. I'm absolutely happy with how it's sits.

Fast forward, I've had them on for a while and they still feel superb. I just cleaned the threads today, applied oil that was recommended and gave them an overall inspection.

Some settings:
13" hub center to fender in front
13" hub center to fender in rear
10 clicks on the shock in front
3 clicks on the reservoir in front
8 clicks on the shock in rear
3 clicks on the reservoir in rear

I'm absolutely thrilled with the suspension and the service I have been provided. Would I buy them again? In a heartbeat. I've had Ohlins, JRZ, JIC, AST, all the way to the cheap stuff. Some suspensions are cheap and they feel cheap. I wouldn't call these expensive as you can easily sink $10,000 into a suspension. For what these are and for the service and expertise provided to the constant contact and first name basis; I think they are more than fairly priced.

Apologies for the wall of text.

Last edited by RRw204; 06-25-2016 at 10:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Josh.A.Hussey (06-25-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 12:29 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
I am seriously debating purchasing these...
Old 06-26-2016, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 Sport
I don't know much about Flatout, but I love the feature set and linear springs. You brush off the price but certainly very few W204s on coilovers that nice.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:43 AM

08 C300 w204
Originally Posted by Josh.A.Hussey
I am seriously debating purchasing these...
They are definitely worth the money; the service and 5 year warranty are what pushed me over the edge.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2010 C300 4matic
Flatout Coilovers

I’m one click away from purchasing a set of their ‘ST’ coilovers for my w204 4matic. I’ve spoken to them and each set is ‘custom’ made to what you’ll be using the car for, in my case daily driving. I bought a set of H&R Sports not more than 2 months ago but would like to go a little lower in the summer, and back up to current height for winter, as I travel to the mountains 35-50 times a year as a snowboard instructor. The H&Rs ride great, but I wish they were just a tad lower. This is how it currently sits.

Right now the Flatout SR’s are 30% off, along with a ‘Thank You’ first time order discount of 5% or so they’ll come in just under $900 shipped. They seem to be of decent quality, much better than the BC’s in this range and so far their customer service has been great. Since they assemble each set to order it takes about 2-3 weeks from payment to doorstep, but that’s ok with me. Everything is electroplated to prevent rust and all come with linear springs. From what I can tell they seem to be a real good option in the sub-$1500 price point. Aside from the review at the start of this thread I haven’t seen much else. Now when I was searching for coilovers for a W204 4matic they didn’t pop up at all. I only heard about them through this forum. That, and the fact that not many people buy an AWD and lower it, are the reasons I think they’re not as well known as BC.
But before I sent them my money and waited a few weeks, I wanted to know if anyone is more familiar or has any reason NOT to buy them. They also make a higher-end model for my car as well.

RRw204.. any updates?

Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 04-22-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:43 PM

08 C300 w204
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike
I’m one click away from purchasing a set of their ‘ST’ coilovers for my w204 4matic. I’ve spoken to them and each set is ‘custom’ made to what you’ll be using the car for, in my case daily driving. I bought a set of H&R Sports not more than 2 months ago but would like to go a little lower in the summer, and back up to current height for winter, as I travel to the mountains 35-50 times a year as a snowboard instructor. The H&Rs ride great, but I wish they were just a tad lower. This is how it currently sits.

Right now the Flatout SR’s are 30% off, along with a ‘Thank You’ first time order discount of 5% or so they’ll come in just under $900 shipped. They seem to be of decent quality, much better than the BC’s in this range and so far their customer service has been great. Since they assemble each set to order it takes about 2-3 weeks from payment to doorstep, but that’s ok with me. Everything is electroplated to prevent rust and all come with linear springs. From what I can tell they seem to be a real good option in the sub-$1500 price point. Aside from the review at the start of this thread I haven’t seen much else. Now when I was searching for coilovers for a W204 4matic they didn’t pop up at all. I only heard about them through this forum. That, and the fact that not many people buy an AWD and lower it, are the reasons I think they’re not as well known as BC.
But before I sent them my money and waited a few weeks, I wanted to know if anyone is more familiar or has any reason NOT to buy them. They also make a higher-end model for my car as well.

RRw204.. any updates?
Wow, you dug up an old thread!! Thank goodness for email notifications!

I sold my car last summer, but they served me well and never once had an issue. I wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again, but I’m not really into car modding any more. I drive a car provided by the company I work for (hence why I sold mine) and I don’t think they’d be fond of me installing coilovers lol.

As I’ve seen, their product has greatly improved from what it was a few years ago.

...and now I miss my car again.
The following users liked this post:
Stuntman Mike (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:52 PM

2010 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by RRw204
Wow, you dug up an old thread!! Thank goodness for email notifications!

I sold my car last summer, but they served me well and never once had an issue. I wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again, but I’m not really into car modding any more. I drive a car provided by the company I work for (hence why I sold mine) and I don’t think they’d be fond of me installing coilovers lol.

As I’ve seen, their product has greatly improved from what it was a few years ago.

...and now I miss my car again.
Yeah, I saw it was old but I’ve been using the auto enthusiast forums for about a decade now and know how touchy some can be about starting a new thread if there’s already one going...no matter how old. 🤪
Thanks for responding so quickly as well!
I’ve told myself that I’m done with modding and most of the car scene a few times now, but when I see someone that has a better looking car than me I just can’t stop myself from adding just a few personal touches! That’s what I call it now, personalizing...I’m not modding. 🤣🤣
Anyway, thanks! That settles it! I’m ordering them this evening. Now to get rid of my 6 week old H&R’s..🤔

Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 04-22-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:16 PM

08 C300 w204
Yeah, I saw it was old but I’ve been using the auto enthusiast forums for about a decade now and know how touchy some can be about starting a new thread if there’s already one going...no matter how old. 🤪
Thanks for responding so quickly as well!
I’ve told myself that I’m done with modding and most of the car scene a few times now, but when I see someone that has a better looking car than me I just can’t stop myself from adding just a few personal touches! That’s what I call it now, personalizing...I’m not modding. 🤣🤣
Anyway, thanks! That settles it! I’m ordering them this evening. Now to get rid of my 6 week old H&R’s..🤔
LOL, I had to separate myself from the other C300s here. I swear these cars are 1/3 of the car population here. Too bad no one sees the suspension.

Just one thing, adjusting the rear shock is a pain. Took a bit to get it right, that goes for any brand though. You want to get the shock height adjusted right or you’re on the bumpstop. I drove around hating life for three months before I reached out to them for help. With some hand holding, they guided me and made an incredible difference. I forgot I even had coilovers after that.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:31 PM

2010 C300 4matic
LOL, I had to separate myself from the other C300s here. I swear these cars are 1/3 of the car population here. Too bad no one sees the suspension.
They’re pretty common here as well, mainly due to their affordability, availability, quality and looks. I’m not alone in thinking they’re one of the better looking cars on the road today. I’m also in a club so you’ve gotta have your car a little nicer than the average Joe’s. Lol

Just one thing, adjusting the rear shock is a pain. Took a bit to get it right, that goes for any brand though. You want to get the shock height adjusted right or you’re on the bumpstop. I drove around hating life for three months before I reached out to them for help. With some hand holding, they guided me and made an incredible difference. I forgot I even had coilovers after that.
Thanks! I’ve heard and read about the adjustment procedure on these. Flatout was also nice enough to send easy-to-read adjustment instructions for both the front and rear, as well as a number to call if I have any questions. All roads seem to point to a great product at a great price with great customer service. Great! 😆
Old 04-24-2020, 10:54 PM

08 C300 w204
They’re pretty common here as well, mainly due to their affordability, availability, quality and looks. I’m not alone in thinking they’re one of the better looking cars on the road today. I’m also in a club so you’ve gotta have your car a little nicer than the average Joe’s. Lol
Never did the club thing, but I always wanted my car to stand out without being over the top.

Thanks! I’ve heard and read about the adjustment procedure on these. Flatout was also nice enough to send easy-to-read adjustment instructions for both the front and rear, as well as a number to call if I have any questions. All roads seem to point to a great product at a great price with great customer service. Great! 😆
Which version did you buy? Let us know how you like them!
Old 04-26-2020, 12:43 AM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
I have the Flatouts for my 2008 C350 4MATIC and is pretty awesome. The company went through some ownership changes and i recently purchased the first coilovers from the new ownership, and first ever made for my C63 Coupe. They shall be installed in a month or so as the car is getting some major mods done to it right now; the quality was amazing.

I am still running flatouts old coilovers from few years back through the canadian winters and haven't noticed anything degrade yet.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:16 AM

08 C300 w204
Originally Posted by the_indian_kid
I have the Flatouts for my 2008 C350 4MATIC and is pretty awesome. The company went through some ownership changes and i recently purchased the first coilovers from the new ownership, and first ever made for my C63 Coupe. They shall be installed in a month or so as the car is getting some major mods done to it right now; the quality was amazing.

I am still running flatouts old coilovers from few years back through the canadian winters and haven't noticed anything degrade yet.
Do you have any pictures of the new version?
Old 04-26-2020, 11:20 AM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507

For my c63 yet to be installed

Old 04-26-2020, 07:23 PM

08 C300 w204
Originally Posted by the_indian_kid

For my c63 yet to be installed
Wow! Those are pretty!!