C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 C350 Sport Got front ended! :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas
2013 C350 Sport Got front ended! :(

Hey Guys,

I have my 2013 C350 Mercedes with 27K miles on it. and this weekend I got into an accident and hit an Inifinity SUV from the back. Ofcourse nothing happened to the infinity but it's tow bar screwed up my car.

Thankfully no insurance was neeeded. But now I have a decision to make. I do not wanna claim through my insurance because i Have a 1000 deductible and my premium would go really up since i'm a young driver. So if i get it fixed on my own I need your suggestion if it's absolutely necessary for me to get it done from mercedes showroom. What if i buy Oem parts online and get it done from an outside body work shop.
Or one of the options is that i get a whole new body kit and get that installed. If So do you guys know of Good quality and decent priced Body Kits?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300 Sport
Hard to see exactly from the pics but you are well over 1k. Looks like you need a hood, front bumper skin, grill, and possible a front fender? From the pics it looks like it got tapped and bent. That plus the paint and labor adds up quick. Since you say no one filed w/ insurance, you could claim parking lot damage. I'm not sure if I would go that route but it's an option. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:42 PM

2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas
Originally Posted by stgry1
Hard to see exactly from the pics but you are well over 1k. Looks like you need a hood, front bumper skin, grill, and possible a front fender? From the pics it looks like it got tapped and bent. That plus the paint and labor adds up quick. Since you say no one filed w/ insurance, you could claim parking lot damage. I'm not sure if I would go that route but it's an option. Good luck.
Yes the front right bumper has a very little bend as well... Yeah even if I claim parking lot damage or make a hit and run story.. People said my premium would go up nevertheless!

I think I'm going to pay for the cost of getting it fixed myself.. Now the question is if I should go with after market body kit or OEM stuff.. Keep in mind that I'm not planning to sell the car and hoping to keep it for good..
Old 07-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300 Sport
I'm not sure about your state but here in FL, my premium didn't go up if it's a first instance. In other words, if your record is clean and this is the first time you are filing a claim, it may not effect your rates. It will however, most likely be reported to carfax etc and you will absorb diminished value. It's your choice but I think in the long run, it may be better to file considering the cost of repairs. I went down this road on my Honda coupe and after it was all said and done, I wished I had filed. Between the rental I needed for transportation, the parts for the repair, the carfax depreciation and all of my time...I lost in the end.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
If you want to start modding, go for a new bumper, amg grill, etc.

Sucks that it happened though.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
507 style hood, single fin grill, C63 style bumper.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz

Originally Posted by xEryx
I agree with the above posters. I was rear ended pretty badly and sandwiched between two cars. I did an entire LCI conversion on my 2009 C300.

Suvneer AMG lci front bumper, SL style grill, depo led headlights, lci hood, lci rear bumper, depo lci led tailights.

I am so glad I did it, but make sure the body shop you choose is not only on board with the mods but also competent enough to handle it. My body shop owner was a lazy scumbag after I chose his shop, so it was much more difficult than it had to be.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM

2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas

Can you guys suggest where I can find these bumpers grills etc? The only body kit I've yet found is Vaeco C63 body kit.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM

2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
I agree with the above posters. I was rear ended pretty badly and sandwiched between two cars. I did an entire LCI conversion on my 2009 C300.

Suvneer AMG lci front bumper, SL style grill, depo led headlights, lci hood, lci rear bumper, depo lci led tailights.

I am so glad I did it, but make sure the body shop you choose is not only on board with the mods but also competent enough to handle it. My body shop owner was a lazy scumbag after I chose his shop, so it was much more difficult than it had to be.
Where did you get your body parts from?and how much did it end up costing you?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by areebkhan22
Can you guys suggest where I can find these bumpers grills etc? The only body kit I've yet found is Vaeco C63 body kit.
dont do it.... i find it extremely stupid when people fully convert the look of their c250/300/350 etc to a C63... like what happens when an M3 pulls up next to you or even a 335i? gen? sti? evo? you'll end up getting smoked and disgracing the AMG brand. you'll just end up looking really stupid when they're 10 car lengths away from you. I get that changing some parts, like grille and hood to give the car a more agressive look but fully changing it to a C63... just no. At that point, you're not even driving a benz. You're just driving a C63 replica. Plus the embarrassment you'll go through when you hop out your car and your friends/family or random people go up to you asking how much your call pulls? it's just not worth it. stick with oem or mods that can make your c300 look more agressive in a way that wont look like a C63 replica.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:14 PM

2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy
dont do it.... i find it extremely stupid when people fully convert the look of their c250/300/350 etc to a C63... like what happens when an M3 pulls up next to you or even a 335i? gen? sti? evo? you'll end up getting smoked and disgracing the AMG brand. you'll just end up looking really stupid when they're 10 car lengths away from you. I get that changing some parts, like grille and hood to give the car a more agressive look but fully changing it to a C63... just no. At that point, you're not even driving a benz. You're just driving a C63 replica. Plus the embarrassment you'll go through when you hop out your car and your friends/family or random people go up to you asking how much your call pulls? it's just not worth it. stick with oem or mods that can make your c300 look more agressive in a way that wont look like a C63 replica.
Hahaha!!! I totally agree with you!! 😂 which is why I asked them if they can tell me where they found the other grills and bumpers. I would definitely like an aggressive look from the car!!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
14 E350; 12 Camaro; 07 Range Rocer; 06 Dodge Ram
I have hit a deer once, the deductable was less because it was claim against my comprehensive coverage.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:39 AM

2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Hahaha!!! I totally agree with you!! 😂 which is why I asked them if they can tell me where they found the other grills and bumpers. I would definitely like an aggressive look from the car!!
Just putting it out there, OEM C63 grille will not fit our cars. The ones you see around are all AMG "style" replicas. Just buy any you can find online that is decent quality. Bumper, im not 100% sure.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
I am pretty sure any car guy that has those cars with higher HP will be able to tell it is not an AMG if they have ever seen one. Besides, we are only talking about the front end, it doesn't change the fact that the car hopefully will not be badged as an AMG and it will not have wide fenders/quarter panels. There is no "more agressive" in a Mercedes than looking like an AMG.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Just look up "W204 single fin grill" on eBay, pick one you like and buy.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:09 AM

2014 Mercedes Benz C350
I guess Houston is not a kind place for C350s. I got hit in late May and let me just say, that front end damage can pile up rather quickly. I expected damages to be around $3-4k, but the initial estimate was well above that, and the total for the repair was just shy of $8k.

I made a thread to get some feedback on Diminished Value Claims, but you can check out pictures of the damage there, link. But the damage is pretty similar. Hood, bumper, grill, and possibly the fender. It does look like your headlights were spared.

Whatever route you decide to go, definitely pick a quality shop to handle the repair. I took my car to Metropolitan Collision in the Heights, and would definitely recommend them. Greenway Plaza recommend River Oaks Paint & Body, which I also checked out but Metropolitan is much closer to me and I've used them in the past.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:50 AM

2013 C350 Sport-V6 Gas
Originally Posted by jreyes
I guess Houston is not a kind place for C350s. I got hit in late May and let me just say, that front end damage can pile up rather quickly. I expected damages to be around $3-4k, but the initial estimate was well above that, and the total for the repair was just shy of $8k.

I made a thread to get some feedback on Diminished Value Claims, but you can check out pictures of the damage there, link. But the damage is pretty similar. Hood, bumper, grill, and possibly the fender. It does look like your headlights were spared.
Oh wow... From the looks of it your car just needed a new hood grill and bumper too? Did you have any frame damage too which is why the costs went up that much? Because even if you get OEM parts at the highest they should be around 3k...they took around 4k labor for changing the parts?

I'm scared now cause I really don't wanna pay that much from my own pocket!
I'm going out of country.. I'll get an estimate once im back in August!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience though!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
If you're not racing, you have nothing to worry about.

Especially illegal street racing.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Heading was a bit misleading since what really happened is you rear ended someone else. You would of had to be the stationary one to claim "front ended". Regardless, are you SURE the other party is not going to file? Because if they do you might as well go through your insurance anyways so you don't loose on both ends.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:01 PM

2014 Mercedes Benz C350
Oh wow... From the looks of it your car just needed a new hood grill and bumper too? Did you have any frame damage too which is why the costs went up that much? Because even if you get OEM parts at the highest they should be around 3k...they took around 4k labor for changing the parts?

I'm scared now cause I really don't wanna pay that much from my own pocket!
I'm going out of country.. I'll get an estimate once im back in August!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience though!
No frame damage, but you're right. I did need a new hood, grill, and bumper, as well as both headlights and the driver side fender. The shop also had to remove the body panels and touch them up where the hood had bumped up against the pillars.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that OEM parts don't come painted. So labor for paint is also a factor. You also have to take in account brackets and parts that shift from the impact, all of that needs to be corrected in order for the car to look right.

I don't mean to scare you, but you definitely want to get a couple estimates and see what your best course of action is. And even then, be prepared for hidden damages. Best of luck to you man!
Old 07-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic

Disgracing the AMG brand? I somehow have the feeling AMG's reputation will will survive just fine if a few owners driving non-C63s adds on a few C63 doodad parts. I hear what you're saying and I agree with you, but that would be the day I would think first about if i am doing "justice" to Mercedes or AMG or any other marque before I would add anything to my car.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:25 PM

2013 P31 C63 Coupe
If im not wrong, changing the whole front end with a c63 conversion kit make it fully a C63 look, as the rear is the same for all facelift C classes sports and C63. Slapping on AMG badges on a non AMG car is always a big no. Might as well slap on a lambo badge while you're at it

Not true, check out https://www.prior-design.de/en/tuning-for-mercedes/c-class/limousine-w204/prior-design-pd-black-edition-widebody-aerodynamic-kit-for-mercedes-c-class-limousine-w204/
I find this body kit way more agressive than a C63.

I am pretty sure any car guy that has those cars with higher HP will be able to tell it is not an AMG if they have ever seen one. Besides, we are only talking about the front end, it doesn't change the fact that the car hopefully will not be badged as an AMG and it will not have wide fenders/quarter panels. There is no "more agressive" in a Mercedes than looking like an AMG.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:27 PM

2013 P31 C63 Coupe
If you're not racing, you have nothing to worry about.

Especially illegal street racing.
and when people compliment you and ask about your car? "Oh it's not a C63, I just put on a C63 replica body kit"
Old 07-12-2016, 05:36 PM

2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Alfadude
Disgracing the AMG brand? I somehow have the feeling AMG's reputation will will survive just fine if a few owners driving non-C63s adds on a few C63 doodad parts. I hear what you're saying and I agree with you, but that would be the day I would think first about if i am doing "justice" to Mercedes or AMG or any other marque before I would add anything to my car.
Dont get me wrong, a few amg parts are okay. Im talking about when people add soooo many amg styled parts to the point where people think you're driving a C63.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:20 PM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
If im not wrong, changing the whole front end with a c63 conversion kit make it fully a C63 look, as the rear is the same for all facelift C classes sports and C63. Slapping on AMG badges on a non AMG car is always a big no. Might as well slap on a lambo badge while you're at it

Not true, check out https://www.prior-design.de/en/tunin...imousine-w204/
I find this body kit way more agressive than a C63.
I don't think this dude is looking to spend 7k USD lol. It sounds like he just wants to avoid insurance and get it fixed with aftermarket parts for as close to his 1k deductible as possible, which is completely doable.

My Ex's C300 we bought hail damaged, I was able to fix 70% of the dents by replacing the hood and trunk myself both OEM which I got for about $500 each new on eBay. Paint job was done at her brother's automotive school by the teacher so it came out flawless and free and installed myself. Considering aftermarket 507 hood is around $700, grill is close to $200, and bumper $500 after paint he should be around 2k

Last edited by xEryx; 07-12-2016 at 08:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 C350 Sport Got front ended! :(