C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Originally Posted by Krypton
Hey Don - how come you never responded back to my email after you replied once? I understand that the work on my car is not as big as a roof or something but I was at least hoping to get a response with some prices for wrapping the window trim, front bumper lip and the rear lip in CF for my 2015 C300. I know you can't come out to The Bay Area anytime soon but I can wait till you are here next. Lmk
I get a lot of messages throughout the day, so if I accidentally forgot or haven't messaged you back, send me a follow up message if possible to remind me if it has been more than a day.

Sometimes I may be checking the message on my phone and then get caught up with work and forget to reply to it.

As you can probably tell from my pictures, I do probably just as many window trim wraps as I do roof wraps, so window trim wraps is a regular job for me.

-Don
Old 02-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I think a lot of people believe that I only work on local cars, however, I actually have good amount of non-local or out of state customers as well who ship me parts to have wrapped. The most common items that I have people send to me to have wrapped are interior trim pieces.

For this particular non-local customer, they removed and shipped me their interior trim pieces to have me wrap it in the 3M Di noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The original finish was wood, which was a bit older and worn out, so the owner wanted to change up the look of his interior and clean it up at the same time. I only took pictures of the larger more complex pieces, just to show the level of detail that is involved in the wraps that I do.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-10-2016, 04:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 and BMW 328i E90 LCI
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
I get a lot of messages throughout the day, so if I accidentally forgot or haven't messaged you back, send me a follow up message if possible to remind me if it has been more than a day.

Sometimes I may be checking the message on my phone and then get caught up with work and forget to reply to it.

As you can probably tell from my pictures, I do probably just as many window trim wraps as I do roof wraps, so window trim wraps is a regular job for me.

-Don
No worries Don. Let me know when are you going to be in the bay area next and we can set something up. I didn't mean to make you feel that I am calling you out on this public forum but I figured that you are way more active and up to date here so just messaged you here
Old 02-22-2016, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I do not get to post as many installed interior car wraps mainly because actually most of my interior wraps are from non-local members who ship me their interior trim pieces to wrap.

However, in this case, the owner of this E90 328i sedan came by to have me take care of every part of the process of the interior wrap for their car. Every piece that is being wrapped is removed from the car and individually wrapped. I take special care and attention to the rounded corners and edges of every piece, to make sure the vinyl will hold up over time.

For the interior of this car, we went with the 3M gloss carbon fiber finish, to give it that factory BMW carbon fiber interior look that’s typically available as an option or more commonly seen on E90 and E92 M3s. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from near Mission Viejo to have the vinyl car wrap done on the interior.

I tried to take some pictures of the interior indoors and outdoors to give a better perspective of how the material looks in different lighting. However, some of the pictures didn’t come out as well as I had hoped, but hopefully you guys are still able to see the details of the wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I do not get to post as many installed interior car wraps mainly because actually most of my interior wraps are from non-local members who ship me their interior trim pieces to wrap.

However, in this case, the owner of this E90 328i sedan came by to have me take care of every part of the process of the interior wrap for their car. Every piece that is being wrapped is removed from the car and individually wrapped. I take special care and attention to the rounded corners and edges of every piece, to make sure the vinyl will hold up over time.

For the interior of this car, we went with the 3M gloss carbon fiber finish, to give it that factory BMW carbon fiber interior look that’s typically available as an option or more commonly seen on E90 and E92 M3s. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from near Mission Viejo to have the vinyl car wrap done on the interior.

I tried to take some pictures of the interior indoors and outdoors to give a better perspective of how the material looks in different lighting. However, some of the pictures didn’t come out as well as I had hoped, but hopefully you guys are still able to see the details of the wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-15-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
213 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
I did quite a bit of work on this white Mercedes Benz C class C250 coupe. The owner of the car had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition the window trim, I also lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights and blacked out the center lower portion of the front bumper in gloss black as well. Even though the car was still relatively stock, these small subtle changes still changed the look of the car quite a bit, without making it look overly modified. It’s as if it could have come from the factory this way. I believe the owner of this car was from Riverside and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
How much for the front fascia?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Carbon fiber roof wrap
- Matte black window trim vinyl wrap
- Matte black door handle inserts vinyl wrap

I wrapped the roof of this car in carbon fiber and blacked out the chrome window trim and door handle inserts in matte black. The following set of pictures will be good for those who want to go with matte black for the window trim or were debating between gloss black or matte black on the window trim. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the carbon fiber finish on the roof top. Then to match and compliment the already matte black wheels, we went with matte black on the window trim and door handles. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Los Angeles / Glendale to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl front lip wrap

For this blue Lexus IS, I vinyl wrapped the front lower bumper lip in the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish. The carbon fiber finish gives the lip a nice finished look, versus the black plasticky finish that the lip originally came as. It also adds a nice more aggressive look/finish to the lip and car overall. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black roof rack rail vinyl wrap chrome delete
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handle chrome delete
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights
- Debadged rear trunk emblems

Quite a bit of work was done on this black Audi Q5 SUV. The large chrome roof rack rails that run along the length of the roof and the chrome window trim on both sides of the car make up a fairly good portion of the overall surface area on the car. By wrapping just these chrome pieces in my gloss black vinyl material alone completely cleaned up the lines of the car, making it look more aggressive and giving it a cleaner look as well. I also blacked out the chrome on the top of the door handles and rear trunk lid lower chrome bar. To finish things of in the rear, I lightly smoked / tinted the rear tail lights and debadged the emblems. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
- Gloss black chrome window trim delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black lower side skirt vinyl wrap

I did a fair amount of vinyl work on this white Mercedes Benz CLA 250. To add some character to the car, we went with gloss black on the roof, for the side chrome window trim pieces, and finished it off with the lower side skirts. Even though quite a bit was done to the car, if someone were to look at the car, you may have thought the car came like this from the factory. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from San Diego / Oceanside to get the vinyl work done on their car. Overall, the car turned out very nicely and will compliment any future mods they do or look good as is, even if nothing else is done to the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:

To change things up a bit, I took an “in progress” picture of the roof, kind of showing how the roof looks like before, during, and after the wrap. It’s a bit more work to take the in progress pictures, but if this is something people would be interested in seeing, I could consider doing it more often in the future.

For this white Audi A4 sedan, I wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from downtown Los Angeles area and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl wrap work done. The black roof went well with the black optics package that the car already had from the dealer.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 04-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Matte black roof vinyl wrap

For this white Lotus Evora, the owner of the car wanted to go with my matte black vinyl wrap material on the roof of the car and also the lower side skirts/rockers of the car. The matte black roof wrap provided a nice contrast with the rest of the car and really provided the car with some more defined lines to show off the shape of the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Walnut to get the vinyl work done on his car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Plasti dip rear/side/front emblems

For this white Mercedes C63S coupe I plasti dipped the rear/side/front badges to black them out. However, for the rear S on the C63S portion, I left it chrome to give it some contrast still. I also blacked out the rear half of the roof to finish off the black roof look, filling in that large white area that Mercedes leaves body colored. Overall, fairly minor changes to the car, but sometimes you only need a few minor things done to really tie in and finish up the look of the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap

Simple things such as wrapping the chrome window trim on this Mercedes Benz C300 in gloss black vinyl can completely change the look of the car. I know vinyl wrapping isn't for everybody, especially with all of the different finishes/colors out there these days, but I am sure the majority of people can agree that black trim over chrome on most cars really cleans up the lines of the car. There may be a few who still favor chrome, but there's a reason why black trim comes as standard on most top level/tier cars from BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap done on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Plasti dip grill
- Plasti dip front / rear badges
- Smoked tinted head / tail lights
- Blacked out lower front bumper / side panels / rear bumper silver trim line vinyl wrap
- Debadged rear trunk HSE emblem

For this black Land Rover Range Rover HSE, I think if most people saw only how the car looked like after I did all of the vinyl wrap and plasti dip work, most would probably have thought that the car came that way from the factory. However, the before/after pictures show everything. The black wrap, plasti dip, and light tinting done completely changed the look of the car to give it a sporty look and feel, while maintaining a very factory look. Some people describe this as an OEM+ type of look. The owner of the car was located in Beverly Hills Los Angeles and brought the car out to me in Anaheim Hills Orange County to have the vinyl wrap and plasti dip work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber spoiler wrap

For this blue Nissan R35 GTR, the owner of the car just wanted to add a simple carbon fiber accent to his rear spoiler. We went with the di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to match his other real dry carbon fiber pieces that were on the car. The owner of the car was in Westminster / Orange County and had me come out to him to do the vinyl wrap on his spoiler.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 01-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black mirror vinyl wrap
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles vinyl wrap

On this white Maserati Gran Turismo, the owner of the car wanted to add some simple accents to the car to make it look slightly more aggressive and give it some character. Starting out with some simple accents, we decided to go with wrapping the mirrors, door handles and side skirts in a gloss black vinyl finish. The gloss black finish went well with the already gloss black wheels.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Overview:
- Gloss black window trim black out vinyl wrap
- Plasti dip matte black rear and side badges

For this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe, we vinyl wrapped both the roof and window trim in a gloss black vinyl wrap finish, which gave the car a finished panoramic look for the roof and matched the gloss black window trim that comes on the night packages from Mercedes. In addition to wrapping those pieces, we also blacked out the side fender badges and rear trunk badges, but leaving the rear star and front grill/hood star emblems chrome still. Instead of blacking everything out, some chrome accents were left over to provide some contrast still. The owner of this car was from Pasadena Los Angeles and came out to us in Anaheim Orange County to have the work done on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com