C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

On order, the new W205 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
On order, the new W205 Wagon

Just found out that the production date has been moved back to october 1st, this would mean that I will be among the very first in my country with the new wagon

Pictures are coming
Old 08-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi Q5
I really want an estate wagon, maybe a C450 like I've seen online, hope it comes stateside, GL on your new ride, keep us posted
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Here is part of my option list:

Dakota Brown metallic
Artico leather
Storage package
7G-Tronic Plus transmission
Airmatic suspension
Traffic sign recognition
COMAND online
ILS full LED lighting system
Black ash wood panels
Burmester sound system
19" AMG multi spoke wheels
Interior panel light package (Three colors)
Keyless Go
Trailer hitch (Electronic release)
Business package plus
AMG Line Exterior
AMG Line Interior
Parking package
Active parking assistance
Estate package
Illuminated door sills
Rear view camera
Collision prevention assist
Tire pressure monitoring system
Tinted windows
Easy Pack electric rear panel door.
Agility select
Seat comfort package
230V socket in rear centre console

And more

Hopefully it will arrive before the snow does ..

Last edited by vic viper; 08-26-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
Congrats with a highly potent car... you opted for every single option it seems
I can't see, but did you get the assistance package? with distronic plus etc?
Old 08-25-2014, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
I dont travel on freeways very often and when I do I rarely follow other cars, that is why distronic will be of no use to me

However what I also wanted is comfort seats with memory function and panoramic sliding roof but unortunately I have run out of money

Also bummed that I cannot get the 360 camera system, it isnt available for production yet

Have alread bought the Illuminated front star kit and 18" Winter wheels, damn nice rim if you ask me!

Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 PM

2015 S205
Originally Posted by vic viper
Have alread bought the Illuminated front star kit and 18" Winter wheels, damn nice rim if you ask me!

I got a C220 Bluetec S205 on the way aswell, I bought the same wheels as you - They are really nice.

It's due for delivery on October 1st, but I have to say that I remain a little bit skeptic about that (Denmark)

When is your car due?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Will most likely be getting some kind of Vossen 20" when spring arrives, thinking of CVT or VFS 1

I was told my car will be produced October 1st and that would mean delivery late Oct early Nov, my birthday s in Nov so I am hoping for an early present
Old 08-25-2014, 02:30 PM

It takes approx 4 weeks from production to delivery. 10 days for production. Rest is transport and getting the car checked, washed and all the paper work.

My only regret is that I didn't get the Distronic plus. Would be great in slow traffic jams.
But loving the pano.
To be honest, I wouldn't buy the COMAND. save that money, and invest in pano roof and blind spot assist
Old 08-25-2014, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
It takes only two days to produce the car, the rest is shipping and handling, the car is rust proofed at the docks in Germany as well before being shipped over the sea.
Oddly enough its is shipped all the way to Södertälje in Stockholm before being transported by truck.
As I work at a dalership I have some advantages, as well as price as the possibility to personally receive my own vehicle the very day it arrives.

Dont want to give up COMAND, I have had it in my last three mercs and as the tech freak I am I couldn live without the larger screen and the smooth navigation system.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213

gif upload
Old 08-25-2014, 04:41 PM

2015 S205
Originally Posted by megaoctane
My only regret is that I didn't get the Distronic plus. Would be great in slow traffic jams.

But loving the pano.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy the COMAND. save that money, and invest in pano roof and blind spot assist
In Denmark we have +160% sales tax on cars, thus I couldn't afford things like the pano. I would have loved it, and I bet its great!

I went with these options:

+ 7g-tronic
+ parktronic (for the parking sensors)
+ Avantgarde exterior
+ AMG interior (for the seats)
+ Burmeister
+ Business Navi (Garmin Mappilot) - The command was just too expensive
+ Ambiente lighting
+ Intelligent light system
+ Airmatic
+ Distronic
+ business package (which includes the seat-comfort package, 66L diesel tank, and any color of choice (except the two premium ones)
+ Black Ashwood Interior (no alu panels for me - I really loved those, but that piano black center console gave me the creeps

@vic viper - I'd be very interested to hear how the airmatic handles with 20" - I bought the 18" ones for summer use - Going to use the (R48) 17" for winter use.

Im worried that anything larger than 18" will make it a bumpy ride but, I guess I will get 1st hand experience with it soon enough.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Looks like a nicely equipped car.
I think I missed it, sedan or estate?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Yeah, the standard fuel tank is a puny 42 Litres, seems like we have about the same business package, ours does also include the larger fuel tank.

I had 20.s on my former S204 with coilovers and no comfort issues what so ever, looking forward to try out the new airmatic system, hopefully itll be a lot easier to lower the car by altering the level sensors or perhaps editing a new zero point in XentryStar.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:58 AM

2015 S205
Looks like a nicely equipped car.
I think I missed it, sedan or estate?
It's what I can afford with all that damn tax, and I think it will do nicely - I wrote in error yesterday that the tax is 160%, when it is in fact 205% - My bad - Buy 1, pay for 3

I went with a C220 Bluetec Estate - I was considering the C250 engine for a long time, but finally decided that the distronic and the airmatic would probably serve me better rather than +41HP.

@VIC VIPER

Yeah I belive they're the same. I actually think Denmark gets their MB's via Sweden - I had some complaint issues with my current 2014 E350 Estate, and I had to contact the importer and was directed to someone in Sweden. I later found out that the Danish market for MB is just too small on its own, and thus HQ's for scandinavia is in Sweden (I was told - I've no personal insight on this )

With regards to the comfort of the new C, I had a test-drive in a c250 sedan with AMG package and lowered suspension - It was that test-drive alone that made me opt for the airmatic - I thought it was a very bumpy ride compared to the E-class I'm driving now (also with AMG package and lowered suspenion) - But yeah, comfort is a very individual thing, so what seems comfy to you, may not seem the same to me - I just hope that the airmatic kicks so much ***, that I will be able to fit something larger than 18" on there, and still find comfort
Old 08-26-2014, 06:11 AM

I also got rid of a W212, 2012 model and went for the C class, as a lease car. Will have this for 3 years hopefully, and then most likely the new W213 if life allows it

Old 08-26-2014, 07:08 AM

2015 S205
I also got rid of a W212, 2012 model and went for the C class, as a lease car. Will have this for 3 years hopefully, and then most likely the new W213 if life allows it
That is truly a beautiful car - How do you find the comfort level with the C-class compared to this beauty?

Here's a picture of my current one, with its winter wheels

2014 E350 9G-tronic, AMG Package shown with 17" winter wheels

Last edited by eaglehorn; 08-26-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 AM

Beautiful estate!!

Love the W212. But i prefer the prefacelift more than the facelift. Because of the traditional grill and star on the bonnet, plus the low led lights that gives the car a mean and tough look.

The ride on the 205 is miles ahead of my W212. Much smoother although I have the runflats.
The w212 also had AMG styling and steel suspension.
I have heard from multiple sources that the prefacelift W212 ride is much harder than the facelift.
Since you already got the estate 212 facelift you won't get the same epiphany as me.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:59 AM

2015 S205
Beautiful estate!!

Love the W212. But i prefer the prefacelift more than the facelift. Because of the traditional grill and star on the bonnet, plus the low led lights that gives the car a mean and tough look.

The ride on the 205 is miles ahead of my W212. Much smoother although I have the runflats.
The w212 also had AMG styling and steel suspension.
I have heard from multiple sources that the prefacelift W212 ride is much harder than the facelift.
Since you already got the estate 212 facelift you won't get the same epiphany as me.
That's rather funny - The test-drive I had in a W205 C250 with AMG package seemed very stiff and hard to me compared to this E-Class. Then again, there were other things about that car, especially the engine noise inside the cabin from the diesel engine seemed rather overwhelming when coming from a super silent V6 Diesel. I think maybe the test-car had been treated roughly both engine-wise and interior-wise. Also the plastic center console was scratched, and was making squeeky noises if I pressed on it with a finger.

At the end of the day, I had to let the E350 go regardless due to dealership errors, and looking at the competition in the c-class, A4, bmw3 segment the C-Class stood our to me as a no-brainer.

Can't wait until it arrives

Also, I really wish they would hurry up and get that carplay thing finished (for android) - It will be very interesting to see if they will allow for it to be retrofitted, and if command is required or not.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Since you have the estate, you already have some sort of airmatic on the rear wheels. Was the test car equipped with airmatic?
Coming from pre face W212 e200 CDI the 205 is great fun and since it's petrol, quick response and nice sound.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Never heard of android airplay, on the other hand I dont see the use for it considering the BT audio streaming options and the Garmin/COMAND navigation.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Nicely spec'ed car Vic. I'm sure you will love it. Wagons are so practical.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:05 AM

2015 S205
Originally Posted by vic viper
Never heard of android airplay, on the other hand I dont see the use for it considering the BT audio streaming options and the Garmin/COMAND navigation.
Apple Carplay and Android Auto is not only about playing music - I guess I can see how the name of the concept may be misleading

Its an interface that lets you make use of apps from your phone (apple or android) - For instance you could make use of google maps as your navigation system, or use sms, twitter, facebook, youtube - Obviously not while driving

Personally I am wanting it because of google maps.

http://www.android.com/auto/
https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
Old 08-26-2014, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Yeah, I am using google maps navigation in my wifes W203 which is the only car we have at the moment and it is working very well even if it isnt fully finished yet.

I am really bummed that I cannot choose handsfree access when I have the trailer hitch option, that shouldnt be an issue
Old 09-24-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by eaglehorn
In Denmark we have +160% sales tax on cars, thus I couldn't afford things like the pano. I would have loved it, and I bet its great!

I went with these options:

+ 7g-tronic
+ parktronic (for the parking sensors)
+ Avantgarde exterior
+ AMG interior (for the seats)
+ Burmeister
+ Business Navi (Garmin Mappilot) - The command was just too expensive
+ Ambiente lighting
+ Intelligent light system
+ Airmatic
+ Distronic
+ business package (which includes the seat-comfort package, 66L diesel tank, and any color of choice (except the two premium ones)
+ Black Ashwood Interior (no alu panels for me - I really loved those, but that piano black center console gave me the creeps

@vic viper - I'd be very interested to hear how the airmatic handles with 20" - I bought the 18" ones for summer use - Going to use the (R48) 17" for winter use.

Im worried that anything larger than 18" will make it a bumpy ride but, I guess I will get 1st hand experience with it soon enough.
Nice wagon there! what colour did you opt for?

Totally agree with the plastic piano center console, that is definitely the archilles heel of the AMG interior package.

We have a S205 on order too. We went through a long period of agonizing over which options to take. Our local dealer here in Denmark not having any cars in the showroom didn't help the process either. Last weekend we drove to a large Swedish dealer. That was a big help. The final tally is still not 100%. We might add on a couple of options in the next weeks. Unfortunately we have a long wait ahead. Expected delivery is mid december.

C200 petrol Palladium Grey
+ 7g-tronic
+ Exclusive exterior
+ AMG interior with optional Grey leather and Black Ash wood trim.
+ Burmester
+ Business Navi
+ Intelligent LED light system
+ Airmatic
+ Panoramic Sunroof
+ Electric front seats (controls in the doors)
+ Mirror Package
+ Larger petrol tank
+ Air Panel
+ KEYLESS GO Start function
+ Media Interface kabel kit - I suspect this might be a rip-off at dkk 1.301,00?

Considering:

+ Ambiente lighting
+ AirBalance (mainly for the Ionizing function)
+ Hitch
+ AkustikGlas (Sound dampening glass)
+ Rear View Camera
+ Blind Spot Assist

Last edited by Pete1968; 10-02-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: wrong name of colour
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Media interface is a bit overkill as you get the USB port nonetheless, it is standard with usb in Norway.
Ambiente lighting is recommended
Airbalance: don't bother. it has to be refilled often
Hitch: how often did you need this in the past? Easier/cheaper to rent a van now and then?
Rear view camera: go for it. I use it all the time. It is really helpful in seeing the markings on the asphalt to see where the parking spot ends
Blind spot assist: I have it, and it has informed me of cars in my blind zone when I didn't know they were there. But you won't need lane keep assist.

Got to try a E300 Hybrid yesterday, and really disappointed by the driver assistance package. The steering assist is not as good as I thought based on reviews etc. the steering assist scared the hell out of me twice with it's sudden movements.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: On order, the new W205 Wagon