C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Best color for class 2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Best color for class 2015

Hey people!! Which color fits better for the new c class? Darker ones or lighter?? Im so in doubt...
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Probably the one you like best. The car looks good in all colors, and everyone has a different opinion on their favorite color.

Pictures may not offer an accurate representation of the true color, so it is always best to see the car and the various colors in person.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 PM

Audi Q5
The color's are boring, how about a red!!! That said if I was picking today, it would be white. Looks great with 19" wheels and red interior.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:27 PM

C300
I'm having the same dilemma.

Getting a C300 w/ pano roof and sport amg exterior and amg interior (black).

I'm between iridium, polar white, black.

Black hides the sport bumper lines and the pano roof, but looks sleek. Iridium can always look good. Polar I can't decide if it's for me.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by FOUR FLUSHER
The color's are boring, how about a red!!! That said if I was picking today, it would be white. Looks great with 19" wheels and red interior.
Would you buy a red C Class?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 AM

W205 220 BT
Blue canvasite (dark blue) with light grey interiors. This is mine! ;-)
Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C200, Petrol RWD
My favorite is polar white which goes amazingly well with the red interior, and that's what I have. I don't mind the iridium silver though.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Mercedes C250 Bluetec AMG
Iridium Silver looks the best imho.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
That was my biggest complaint about the W205. Really poor selection of colors ... basically black, white, silvers, and a blue and brown thrown into the mix. I would have liked to see a red and a burgundy, a deep metallic green with dark brown interior, and at least some more variety.

Of all the colors I saw in person, I liked the Palladium and Iridium most. Since a well optioned Iridium was on the way in, and a Palladium would have taken a while to get with what I wanted, I went with the lighter color.

As I said before, color is a very personal choice, and not everyone sees color the same way. Personally, I would not base my choice based on the taste of others.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
Colour is very subjective and all about personal taste. Here is my opinion and I mean no offense to anyone who likes or has ordered other colours. I love black cars but swore after selling my first black car that I would never do black again. They look great when clean, but they are very hard to keep clean. They show every bit of dirt, water marks and swirl marks can become an issue if you aren't careful over the long term. The problem with dark colours also is that there is no contrast in colour against the panoramic roof which is a must for me. You won't even notice its there from the outside on a black car. I fell in love with the W205 when I saw the diamond white AMG with cranberry red AMG interior at the Toronto International autoshow. Looks really good when clean. But diamond white looks slightly yellow when next to a polar white car. When dirty and in winter slush (Toronto climate) it does not hide dirt well. I also couldn't justify the extra cost for diamond when the difference between polar and diamond are small if anything to the untrained eye. I considered the silvers....started with palladium but there was less of a contrast with the pano roof since it is a bit darker. Then I was all about diamond silver, which I love in direct light conditions but absolutely hate in lighting conditions which makes it look more like baby blue or a strange greenish colour. So I settled on Iridium silver. It is a classy colour. Provides lots of contrast with the Pano roof. It hides dirt like its nobody's business! But it was slightly boring and not as eye catching. It looks great with the 19" black interior wheels. Then came the splash of cranberry red leather interior to spice it up! I just need to figure out how to tint the windows but not so much as to hide the interior.....
Old 09-17-2014, 08:44 AM

Mercedes C250 Bluetec AMG
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
Colour is very subjective and all about personal taste. Here is my opinion and I mean no offense to anyone who likes or has ordered other colours. I love black cars but swore after selling my first black car that I would never do black again. They look great when clean, but they are very hard to keep clean. They show every bit of dirt, water marks and swirl marks can become an issue if you aren't careful over the long term. The problem with dark colours also is that there is no contrast in colour against the panoramic roof which is a must for me. You won't even notice its there from the outside on a black car. I fell in love with the W205 when I saw the diamond white AMG with cranberry red AMG interior at the Toronto International autoshow. Looks really good when clean. But diamond white looks slightly yellow when next to a polar white car. When dirty and in winter slush (Toronto climate) it does not hide dirt well. I also couldn't justify the extra cost for diamond when the difference between polar and diamond are small if anything to the untrained eye. I considered the silvers....started with palladium but there was less of a contrast with the pano roof since it is a bit darker. Then I was all about diamond silver, which I love in direct light conditions but absolutely hate in lighting conditions which makes it look more like baby blue or a strange greenish colour. So I settled on Iridium silver. It is a classy colour. Provides lots of contrast with the Pano roof. It hides dirt like its nobody's business! But it was slightly boring and not as eye catching. It looks great with the 19" black interior wheels. Then came the splash of cranberry red leather interior to spice it up! I just need to figure out how to tint the windows but not so much as to hide the interior.....
Totally agree, Iridium looks very good on AMG line, 19'' wheels, black pano roof and privacy glass and is proper silver in all light conditions, not too dark not too light.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 AM

It's too bad in North America at least, our colour choices in cars have become so narrow because auto manufacturers will give us what they think we will buy. Survey any mall parking lot and 98% of the cars are black, white, silver and grey. Kudos to those who choose diamond silver. At least it's different. I just don't happen to like it. I'm leaning to white or maybe grey. I would like to see more interior choices, maybe a dark grey or tan like BMW offers. Most C classes will have black artico.

Last edited by vols1; 09-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by vols1
It's too bad in North America at least, our colour choices in cars have become so narrow because auto manufacturers will give us what they think we will buy. Survey any mall parking lot and 98% of the cars are black, white, silver and grey. Kudos to those who choose diamond silver. At least it's different. I just don't happen to like it. I'm leaning to white Or maybe grey. I would have liked to see more interior choices, maybe a dark grey or tan like BMW offers. Most C classes will have black artico.
I don't think the issue is with the manufacturers as much as it is with the dealers. Dealers have to place orders to fill their lots based on what they "think" will be easy to move off their lots early in the car year. Recently I was curious about diamond silver and the dealership I went to did not have a single one on the lot. They said it was because it was a "newer" colour and they basically didn't want to take a chance that people wouldn't like it and be stuck with it. The manufacturers probably then eliminate colours that are rarely ordered. I think the vast majority of car buyers buy cars in dealership inventory as opposed to custom orders..... Some people however are getting pretty creative now with full vehicle colour wraps! I know a guy who changes the colour of his wrap every year and everyone thinks its a custom paint job.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 AM
ujs

2015 W205 C300 4matic
I was thinking of a Diamond silver with the cranberry red interior; would have to order one. The dealer said I would have no choice but to buy it if I ordered (I assume you can change your mind if they can sell it)--implying it would be hard for them to sell it. Eventually I went with the steel grey with ash interior (the combination my wife liked--I'm not good with colors).

Also, strangely, the MBUSA calls it steel gray; everywhere else (even Canada) it is tenorite gray. Are they afraid we couldn't look up and see tenorite is another mineral? Bah Montvale!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 AM

2006 Honda Civic Coupe
Want to get a Lunar Blue metallic in luxury trim, but not really finding any in inventory. Plus its too early anyways, planing to purchase mine in early Jan, hopefully there are some in inventory then.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Would you buy a red C Class?
I guess you're implying that the new C is not sporty enough for red?

Yes, I'd consider red if I wasn't sold on the red interior with looks fantastic on all of the white, black and several shades of gray.

I'm guessing we'll see more choices for 2016
Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
I guess you're implying that the new C is not sporty enough for red?

Yes, I'd consider red if I wasn't sold on the red interior with looks fantastic on all of the white, black and several shades of gray.

I'm guessing we'll see more choices for 2016
If you are decided on the red interior....window tint? or no tint?
Old 09-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
I like all the colors...I ordered Polar White though. I already have a black car...and have vowed to never own black again...it really was a PIA to maintain...at least to the level I wanted. I would let the "need" for tint determine whether to tint or not...i.e. hot sunny climate. Also if the car will be garage kept or be exposed...obviously non-garaged in summer would be a reason to tint. In any case I will be tinting...it's hot here in the desert!!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:06 PM

None
White is just too common on the new C-Class. So far every single w205 I saw in real life was white or silver. Sure it looks good, but.... I agree that the color options are very limited and boring. I would go for Hyacinth red or Brilliant blue( from the available colors ).
Old 09-17-2014, 04:31 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by Seylan
White is just too common on the new C-Class. So far every single w205 I saw in real life was white or silver. Sure it looks good, but.... I agree that the color options are very limited and boring. I would go for Hyacinth red or Brilliant blue( from the available colors ).
unfortunately those colours are not available in Canada and I think also the US
Old 09-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C300 4matic
Most all the colors look good IMO. Like StanNH said, go to the dealership and see which one you like best in person, and decide which one fits your style the most. I had gone originally to test drive a black one that I saw on autotrader, but when I got there I fell in love with a Steel Grey one that I hadn't seen on-line. I had my wife take pictures of me in front of both the black one and the grey one, so when I got home I looked at the pictures. I took a day to think about it, and bought the grey one the next day!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 PM

C300
That is so weird to read. It's pretty much the same journey I've been through. I also live in TO and it won me over at the Auto Show. Macan was nice too . I really wanted Diamond Silver but that baby blue hue is way too blueish in overcast. Saw an ML this morning in Diamond Silver and same impression. Not a bad colour at all, but just not 'me'.

Question to you is, why did you choose Silver over Polar White? I'm down to those two and the blacks (so 4 I guess). I have a deal done and right now I'm on Silver but I have until tomorrow to lock in the config. I'll be hitting a couple of dealers in the morning to do another round of colour analysis

Black looks soo nice clean, and having a glass roof means one large area less to wax after a wash. Contrast to show the pano roof is nice, but I would also be ok with a sleeper car when it is more a 'wow' when people get in. Love the pano roof just for the brightness / openness / light.

Do you have your car yet? Did you tint it? Tint is a must have...I think I'm going Pinnacle F1 30% all around. Could consider the 15% on the rear window (not rear sides).
Old 09-17-2014, 07:34 PM

C55
I'm a die-hard black car fan. Yes it shows dirt, dings, and other imperfections more. But when its clean and unblemished, nothing looks better. Its also a timeless color. While I do like other colors that have been offered over the years, black never goes out of style.

That said, I'm totally undecided between the two blacks. Curious to hear other opinions about the two different black options.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Recently I was curious about diamond silver and the dealership I went to did not have a single one on the lot. They said it was because it was a "newer" colour and they basically didn't want to take a chance that people wouldn't like it and be stuck with it.
Yup, this is what my salesperson told me when I got my C250. I wanted the Sapphire Grey color, and I couldn't find one that wasn't fully optioned. The salesperson said that dealers tend to stick w/ traditionally popular colors b/c they're worried about being able to sell the cars when they come off their lease....

Even Consumer Reports (of all publications!) criticized MB for not offering more colors. You *know* it's getting bad when CR is talking about your selection of colors!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:23 PM

C300
Recently I was curious about diamond silver and the dealership I went to did not have a single one on the lot. They said it was because it was a "newer" colour and they basically didn't want to take a chance that people wouldn't like it and be stuck with it.
Well then that Sales Rep wasn't very knowledgeable. Diamond Silver has been around a long time...2001 ...2003? But dealers don't order / stock cars in that colour as it a colour either people love, or don't like at all.

I was surprised Mississauga MB had a W205 Diamond Silver in stock and in the lot, outside, and I went to look at it in 3 different lighting environments - sunny, dusk, overcast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best color for class 2015