C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Line Prem+
Delayed......again (UK)

Ordered my W205 in June and was initially told end of September delivery (approx 14 weeks), then got the message it would be put back to 14th October, worst case (this only after me phoning and specifically asking due to the rumours of the move to South Africa) - anyway I was pretty certain I would have heard something by now if the 14th October was going to be going ahead so I emailed my dealer yesterday......lo and behold "ah yes it's now looking like 3rd November" - great, thanks for keeping me informed and so much for 14th October being worse case!!

So around 20 weeks instead of 14, and delayed twice but only informed after I had made contact and specifically asked.

My initial dealings with MB regarding the dealerships were good after coming from 8yrs with BMW, but I am becoming less impressed with them as the weeks go by. Late delivery due to production moving (why was this not planned), the UK options being extremely poor in comparison to other countries, new options appearing only a month or so after the car launches but meaning I miss out on them, options being withdrawn after people have ordered them (360 camera/carplay etc) - all seems to me that they had a launch date set in stone and it was perhaps a little too early.

My current lease car is supposed to be returned tomorrow, but luckily as the MB is going through the same company they are allowing me to keep it until the W205 arrives but I am seriously considering cancelling the order on the MB and seeing what the lease company can get hold of from stock such as a 3 or 4 series. Even if I don't do that it has seriously put me off ordering a new model car in the future - perhaps it's a lesson learned, wait 12 months of a new model before buying?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C200, Petrol RWD
Sorry to hear that. You waited all this time, wait a little bit more and if still doesn't go well, then consider it. It's a wonderful car and really is worth all that wait IMO. Best of luck in getting your car in November!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Exact same problem I had with my local MB dealer, ordered car March told delivery Late June no contact with dealer until I contacted them new date early August then when I contacted told change to mid August. They didn't tell me ordered 360 camera not available also due to admin error the full leather option was missed off factory order, was offered retro fit or 3 years free service. Delays in SA though due to suppliers strikes and some options in short supply.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:51 PM

Delay is because they moved production of RHD versions to SA?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:11 PM

C200 AMG Line Premium Plus
Unhappy

Sorry to hear of your delay and frustration.

Sadly, my story is similar. I ordered in early July and was told to expect delivery by end of September.
I received a phone call from the dealer (to his credit I suppose) the following week to say that it would now be end of November.

The move to South Africa for RHD production had already taken place when I ordered and was supposedly already factored into the September delivery date. There was no explanation given for the delay.

I've since received an email indicating delivery is still expected by end of November but needless to say, my trade in value for my existing car is dropping and its due a service at the end of October so I'm going to lose out on both counts.

I'm still keen on the car so I'm not going to cancel but its a disappointing start to my first taste of MB ownership.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:23 PM

Mercedes C250 Bluetec AMG
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
Ordered my W205 in June and was initially told end of September delivery (approx 14 weeks), then got the message it would be put back to 14th October, worst case (this only after me phoning and specifically asking due to the rumours of the move to South Africa) - anyway I was pretty certain I would have heard something by now if the 14th October was going to be going ahead so I emailed my dealer yesterday......lo and behold "ah yes it's now looking like 3rd November" - great, thanks for keeping me informed and so much for 14th October being worse case!!

So around 20 weeks instead of 14, and delayed twice but only informed after I had made contact and specifically asked.

My initial dealings with MB regarding the dealerships were good after coming from 8yrs with BMW, but I am becoming less impressed with them as the weeks go by. Late delivery due to production moving (why was this not planned), the UK options being extremely poor in comparison to other countries, new options appearing only a month or so after the car launches but meaning I miss out on them, options being withdrawn after people have ordered them (360 camera/carplay etc) - all seems to me that they had a launch date set in stone and it was perhaps a little too early.

My current lease car is supposed to be returned tomorrow, but luckily as the MB is going through the same company they are allowing me to keep it until the W205 arrives but I am seriously considering cancelling the order on the MB and seeing what the lease company can get hold of from stock such as a 3 or 4 series. Even if I don't do that it has seriously put me off ordering a new model car in the future - perhaps it's a lesson learned, wait 12 months of a new model before buying?

Sorry to here it mate, I can imagine what can you feel. Honestly Mercedes is doing really stupid things here in UK, especially where competition have excellent service eg BMW. Only because I love the new C class makes me strong in waiting as well, but if not that I would definitely say big thanks to that company.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
These long deliver times seems a bit odd. I have to assume that the C Class is sharing a run with other MB models. I am guessing that they could shorten the wait times by committing more time for the C Class.
The Alabama plant makes ML I am told but does anyone know the run schedules. I suppose if they are making more per C Class than ML they would be allocating more time to building Cs.
I had a build date of late October and delivery on Dec 26 When I added Airmatic it pushes it into January.
My compromise was to go through the entire delivered inventory in Toronto and find something close. I am so glad I did, I absolutely love my new C Class.
I picked out the vehicle on Friday September 19 and drove it on the Sunday September 21 the "Official Launch Day" and did my lease inspection on Wednesday and took official possession on Friday September 26.
My lease officially ends on January 27, 2015. So I finally get the benefits of an MB Premiere Lease Program on my third car
Old 10-02-2014, 12:28 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Bit of an update - had some good news, I emailed my dealer and asked if my car would now be a MY2015 model due to the production delay, he confirmed it is and will have the COM module and be able to utilise the mobile apps.

He also said my car had improved on the tracking to 24th October, and he was optimistic this may improve again once it lands at port - so I'll not cancel just yet!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 AM

Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition
Hi Shaun,

I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone through the same dealer; I've also been given the 24th Oct as a revised date. If not the same dealer then definitely the same boat!

My order was placed at the end of June. Very similar spec to yours but a C200 petrol with Black Artico 'leather'.

Did you go through a broker if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:40 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by jumpsuitelvis
Hi Shaun,

I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone through the same dealer; I've also been given the 24th Oct as a revised date. If not the same dealer then definitely the same boat!

My order was placed at the end of June. Very similar spec to yours but a C200 petrol with Black Artico 'leather'.

Did you go through a broker if you don't mind me asking?
Hi, My dealer is JCT600 of Sheffield - the car is actually a company car lease through Leaseplan, I got various quotes and Leaseplan came out cheapest (even cheaper than JCT600 direct), once accepting the quote from leaseplan I asked them to purchase the car through JCT600 Sheffield and they said they would as long as JCT600 would match the discount on the car from another dealer that they had based their quote on. JCT600 agreed to match it to Leaseplan so everyone was happy - a little bizarre that Leaseplan can offer the car cheaper than them to me than me going direct to the source but I guess its all to do with acceptable margins of the different businesses and the finance part of the deal rather than the car price itself.

I'm back to looking forward to it now, but it still niggles me I couldn't have the 19" polished /black alloys as opposed to the polished/anthracite!! the UK seems to be the only country without them as a factory option.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:53 PM

Hi, different dealer but I'm guessing they're on the same delivery!

I know what you mean about the polished / black alloys - I was exactly the same. I think the fact that I couldn't have them made me want them even more! However, having seen more photos of the titanium grey I'm really pleased I've gone with them. Have you seen them in the flesh yet? I'm expecting them to be a bit darker with more of a contrast between the polished face and paint than some images would suggest. I've seen some HD photos of them and they look awesome!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 AM

Any news on a delivery date yet?

I'm waiting on a response from my dealer to see if the 24th (next Friday!!!) is still on the cards...
Old 10-16-2014, 11:26 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Any news on a delivery date yet?

I'm waiting on a response from my dealer to see if the 24th (next Friday!!!) is still on the cards...
No not yet, I was going to call tomorrow with 1 week left - not holding out much hope as I thought I would have had some info by now - reg number at least to arrange insurance.

let me know what your dealer says!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Heard back and its still down to land at the dealer on the 24th so should be able to collect a couple of days after that. :o)
Old 10-17-2014, 08:22 AM

Superb!

I've not heard back yet but your news sounds promising.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:14 PM

My 24th October delivery date was put back to 31st October, then 3rd November, and now 3rd December.

That will be 23 weeks from placing my order!

I'm aware of delays due to production being transferred to SA, and potential delays due to the steering issue, but even so...
Old 10-28-2014, 06:08 PM

C200 AMG Line Premium Plus
My 24th October delivery date was put back to 31st October, then 3rd November, and now 3rd December.

I'm aware of delays due to production being transferred to SA, and potential delays due to the steering issue, but even so...
That's really disappointing for you JSE. You must be grinding your teeth in frustration.

I suspect that I'm going to be in the same situation. Ordered a C200 in mid July and current date I have is 27th November.

If your experience is anything to go by, that's just not going to happen.

Hard to understand these long delays with UK deliveries.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:14 AM

Mercedes c200
Same as above ordered a c200 AMG line in July and have been given a delivery date of 27 November. Will keep you posted on dates should they change. Company car for me, replacing my existing Citroen ds3 so a big step up. Only thing I'm apprehensive about is the stiff suspension as I've gone for steel springs and not airmatic. Live near London and have see very few w205s on the road, particularly any with AMG kit. Very excited!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
RHD production was always going to be South Africa.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+

Thats poor - how can it go from 24th October to 3rd December when you had the 24th date so recently.

This wont make you feel any better but my car did arrive at the dealer last Friday (24th) and I am collecting it tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:10 AM

Mercedes c200
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
Thats poor - how can it go from 24th October to 3rd December when you had the 24th date so recently.

This wont make you feel any better but my car did arrive at the dealer last Friday (24th) and I am collecting it tomorrow.
That's great news! I'm sure you're excited! Which model? Please post some pics upon collection
Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw m3
Well, I placed my order in mid June and until today I dont have any date of delivery, the dealer seems clueless every time i call them to ask about the status of my order,

I could set with giving me a reason for this delay but this whole thing of nobody knowing anything about when I should have the car really turns me off and I'm considering to cancell my order at this point.

This whole thing is really dissappointing from mercedes, and it really gets to the point that people get frustrated.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by tgrx1901
That's really disappointing for you JSE. You must be grinding your teeth in frustration.

I suspect that I'm going to be in the same situation. Ordered a C200 in mid July and current date I have is 27th November.

If your experience is anything to go by, that's just not going to happen.

Hard to understand these long delays with UK deliveries.
Yeah, starting to get a bit annoyed now!

On a more positive note I'm now getting regular updates - the guy I was originally dealing with is 'no longer with the company'...
Old 10-29-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by omanzoor
Same as above ordered a c200 AMG line in July and have been given a delivery date of 27 November. Will keep you posted on dates should they change. Company car for me, replacing my existing Citroen ds3 so a big step up. Only thing I'm apprehensive about is the stiff suspension as I've gone for steel springs and not airmatic. Live near London and have see very few w205s on the road, particularly any with AMG kit. Very excited!
I spotted a few on my drive from Guildford back up to the North West this morning - all Sport models though.

I like the DS3, but that's some jump up the ladder you're taking there!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by omanzoor
That's great news! I'm sure you're excited! Which model? Please post some pics upon collection
Yeah, although will be a little sad to see my e92 go back, it's been a nice car. I'm getting a Polar white C220 AMG line with the uk premium plus pack, privacy glass and the 19" alloys - oh and red leather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.