C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Can anyone decipher this W205 video..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:19 AM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Can anyone decipher this W205 video..?

Not sure if this is Japanese ..?, but looks like it's some kind of dongle that disables the video lockout when the car is moving.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 E320 Wagon
Not sure but I want it! Could it be some type of Xentry Star Diagnosis hack? And I believe it's Japanese.

Here is the translation: While driving a Mercedes-Benz W205 new C-Class at Jay Tech made ​​TV canceller OBD coding type also I was so TV is seen. It seems also there for the new S-Class W222.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 702 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Just another hack. I would avoid it like the plague. Most of these simply hack the cars code using a few button combinations. They also screw around with the millions of lines of code in the car that the manufacturer spent getting the car just right. You buy and use at your own risk. You can get some really nasty surprises, hacking into a cars code nowadays. When your driving at 100 miles an hour its not the time to find out that your little video hack disabled some part of your braking system, steering or whatever. It used to be that car systems were independent from, each other, nowadays they are all interconnected. Unless you are a computer wiz with knowledge of the particular car code, I would stay away from things like these which are developed out of some rusty garage in Asia or god knows where
Old 10-30-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Just another hack. I would avoid it like the plague. Most of these simply hack the cars code using a few button combinations. They also screw around with the millions of lines of code in the car that the manufacturer spent getting the car just right. You buy and use at your own risk. You can get some really nasty surprises, hacking into a cars code nowadays. When your driving at 100 miles an hour its not the time to find out that your little video hack disabled some part of your braking system, steering or whatever. It used to be that car systems were independent from, each other, nowadays they are all interconnected. Unless you are a computer wiz with knowledge of the particular car code, I would stay away from things like these which are developed out of some rusty garage in Asia or god knows where
While I get your point I'm not sure if what you say can't be avoided. In the little time I've learned about the OBD2 port on the car it seems like it's a matter of finding the right app for our mobile devices to interface with with it. There really is an app for everything.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Yogibara
While I get your point I'm not sure if what you say can't be avoided. In the little time I've learned about the OBD2 port on the car it seems like it's a matter of finding the right app for our mobile devices to interface with with it. There really is an app for everything.
Use at your own peril
Old 10-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Use at your own peril
I agree.. especially since these cars are bordering on self-drive. The computer has access to throttle, brakes and steering. Without knowing the exact architecture behind the systems, who knows how much is linked to the OBD.

I shudder to think too, what Benz would charge to fix the computer system after it's been hacked.

Still interesting though how people seem to manage to hack this kind of stuff so quickly. I mean the car is barely out in the market - maybe they just leveraged an older style hack that worked on CLA