C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Touch Pad Issue

Old 10-31-2014, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Touch Pad Issue

can anyone tell me this is a hardware or software issue cause I am facing exactly the same thing..
Old 10-31-2014, 04:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Surely it doesn't matter, whether it is hardware, or software - the point is that you dealership should simply fix it!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 AM

C200
problem is that mine is parallel importer from the UK to Singapore
I don't think my local dealer has the know-how to fix yet

And I cant bring to the Authorized/official distributor here because mine is not bought from them
Old 10-31-2014, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180
This is my car in the video!
Touchpad unit replaced since 2 months by dealer. Stopped twice again each for 1 hour approx. but till now no third time

Had other friends 2 of them replaced it also.

It is a known issue to dealers and know how to do with it. They will update sw first and after stop again will order a repacement for you.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:55 AM

B200T
Originally Posted by nigel8210
problem is that mine is parallel importer from the UK to Singapore
I don't think my local dealer has the know-how to fix yet

And I cant bring to the Authorized/official distributor here because mine is not bought from them
In Canada, they will honor warranty of Mercedes, even if bought in the US (subject to the car being modified to the Canadian standards, which I'm assuming is daytime running lights). So I think the warranty is global, doesn't matter where you bought it.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
My touch pad works in the summertime (I mean some of the time). I had the car for 4 days before the issue started. I'm supposed to have my replacement installed next week. Although the dealer admits they have not replaced one before.....but if there is a known problem with the part and they replace it with the same part...I would expect this not to solve the problem at all.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:07 PM

2017 E300, 2019 CLS 450
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
My touch pad works in the summertime (I mean some of the time). I had the car for 4 days before the issue started. I'm supposed to have my replacement installed next week. Although the dealer admits they have not replaced one before.....but if there is a known problem with the part and they replace it with the same part...I would expect this not to solve the problem at all.

mine is also dead completly lol. it didn't work properly either. sigh.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:50 AM

W205 C180 Amg
Hi everyone,

I had my cars for a week. I haven't use my car until today (it was in my garage). In first day i bought, there was no problem at touchpad. Today i wanna drive my car. Suddenly, i realized that my touchpad isn't working. After some time i was wanting figure out what is the problem, touch pad button also stop working too.I can't click any of them right know. It's seems to be a hardware problem. I gonna visit workshop tomorrow for this issue.

Last edited by ebehram; 11-02-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:46 AM

C200
Originally Posted by ebehram
Hi everyone,

I had my cars for a week. I haven't use my car until today (it was in my garage). In first day i bought, there was no problem at touchpad. Today i wanna drive my car. Suddenly, i realized that my touchpad isn't working. After some time i was wanting figure out what is the problem, touch pad button also stop working too.I can't click any of them right know. It's seems to be a hardware problem. I gonna visit workshop tomorrow for this issue.

any updates?
Old 11-03-2014, 04:52 PM

W205 C180 Amg
I went to workshop today. I was informed from service guy that we are encountering this problem very few.(it's a lie of course). I gave my car to workshop. They gonna solve this problem in 2 steps as mentioned before at this topic; First firmware update , secondly replacement. If second one is the case i have to wait 15 days for delivering parts from Germany.

Actually, when i was in showroom after delivering my car, one of the honest seller told me that i also have 2 customer cars which are waiting because of the same problem.

I am very displeased because of this issue.

Last edited by ebehram; 11-03-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
I went to workshop today. I was informed from service guy that we are encountering this problem very few.(it's a lie of course). I gave my car to workshop. They gonna solve this problem in 2 steps as mentioned before at this topic; First firmware update , secondly replacement. If second one is the case i have to wait 15 days for delivering parts from Germany.

Actually, when i was in showroom after delivering my car, one of the honest seller told me that i also have 2 customer cars which are waiting because of the same problem.

I am very displeased because of this issue.

There is a silver lining, there are other ways to do everything the touchpad does. The regular rotary dial, the hard buttons on the console, voice commands and the steering wheel buttons. The touchpad is simply a nice looking alternative to all the other ways to operate the Command system. Personally I don't think I'll be using it much anyway. Also check my post an MB's present reliability foibles.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM

C200
do you think doing a reset on the Audio20 in the system settings will work/help?
Old 11-04-2014, 02:48 AM

W205 C180 Amg
Originally Posted by c4004matic
There is a silver lining, there are other ways to do everything the touchpad does. The regular rotary dial, the hard buttons on the console, voice commands and the steering wheel buttons. The touchpad is simply a nice looking alternative to all the other ways to operate the Command system. Personally I don't think I'll be using it much anyway. Also check my post an MB's present reliability foibles.
I really want to use voice commands. But my English speaking is with accent. Unfortunately, The system most of the time can't recognize it. In my opinion, touchpad is just a show thing too. I prefer numeric buttons group as in previous S -class instead of this silly touchpad. it will be more useful and practical.

Thank you for suggestion. I will also check the post which you mention.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:02 AM

W205 C180 Amg
Originally Posted by nigel8210
do you think doing a reset on the Audio20 in the system settings will work/help?
As a computer engineer, I don't think so. Because i couldn't click touchpad either. It's a physical thing I thought.

I really pissed of what service guy said. "Software isn't a quality problem."

We have saying for this situation: "Yanlış kapıya çatmak" (Run against to wrong door-More or less translation) He didn't know that I am computer engineer until i said to him. I corrected his statement very well for him after all.

Last edited by ebehram; 11-04-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:52 AM

C200
I heard there is a firmware update
but since I get mine from Parallel Importer, I don't think they have the means to do an update
Even if they go through the Intl Warranty Route to make a claim for a new piece of equipment (touchpad module)
I doubt they could install it properly...

Damned...perhaps until this new Model is common over here,
workshops/repair centres will be better equipped to solve my issue
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
I brought my car in to get the touch pad replaced today. Of course the moment I bring it in is the moment it starts working again (temporarily). The service man at the dealership is trying to tell me that I might have caused the issue by using 2 fingers instead of one??? Not the case at all! He was inclined not to replace the pad afteral but I insisted....
Old 11-05-2014, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
I really want to use voice commands. But my English speaking is with accent. Unfortunately, The system most of the time can't recognize it. In my opinion, touchpad is just a show thing too. I prefer numeric buttons group as in previous S -class instead of this silly touchpad. it will be more useful and practical.

Thank you for suggestion. I will also check the post which you mention.
The knob does all the same things as the touchpad. Till it gets fixed simply think of the touchpad as a nice place to rest your hand while operating the knob underneath
Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 PM

W205 C180 Amg
I took my car yesterday. So far so good. They told me that we updated firmware only. The click functions of touchpad seems to be controlled via software. I think there is a soft lock under the surface. If that's the case, it's interesting engineering choice (which i never thought) instead of using standard micro switch like on standard computer mouse.

nigel8210:

In Turkey for instance, Grey market cars guarantee also covered by Authorized/official distributor doesn't matter wherever you bought from. Have you ever tried official dist. ?

jbbeauso:

It's hilarious. The touchpad also have two finger support. For pinch or using virtual knob function for adjusting sound settings (i figured out yesterday ). I wish i could be there at this moment telling to his face that it already has two finger support buddy. And seeing changing of his face

c4004matic:

My thoughts as same as yours Usually,It's going to serves that way to me.

Last edited by ebehram; 11-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.