C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New c300 owner (trim question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c300
New c300 owner (trim question)

Hey guys, I just got a new c300 yesterday.

Here is what it came with:

Premium package
Multimedia package
Sport package
Interior package

The only thing I'm not so happy with is the gloss black aluminum trim! Its a fingerprint magnet.

Is there any way to get my dealer to switch out the trim for the open pore? (at my expense obviously)

I know the open pore trim comes with a clock that mine does not have. Would I have to also buy the clock and the wiring?

Thanks,
Old 11-22-2014, 01:51 PM

S205
I haven't heard of this being done yet, so I can't be too much help, but I would think it's possible. Also, I think in the UK we can get the black ash wood trim without a clock maybe.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Im sure you can buy the parts, but Im also sure it will be costly. Wait for Vic to chime in, he would be most helpful in this situation
Old 11-22-2014, 01:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Originally Posted by Mitch619
Hey guys, I just got a new c300 yesterday.

Here is what it came with:

Premium package
Multimedia package
Sport package
Interior package

The only thing I'm not so happy with is the gloss black aluminum trim! Its a fingerprint magnet.

Is there any way to get my dealer to switch out the trim for the open pore? (at my expense obviously)

I know the open pore trim comes with a clock that mine does not have. Would I have to also buy the clock and the wiring?

Thanks,

Congrats on the C300.
I am sure you can purchase the center stack wood veneer with the clock.
I would guess that the clock is prewired, but if not you will have a non working clock. It was impressive to see it update during the daylight savings time change over.
Not sure you will like the price plus installation.
Since the aluminium is on the door panels the only piano black trim is on the center stack.
The entire Infotainment system, AC switches, and the touch pad are finger magnets. I just keep a micro fiber cloth near by to do a quick wipe away.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:21 PM

2010 c300
Thanks for the replies!

I talked with my dealer, and even they don't know the answer to the question.

They were able to quote me $700 for the wood trim and installation. Which isn't too bad lol. I was picturing something in the $1500 range.

They were able to verify that the clock and the trim are separate items. I really don't care about the clock. I could do without it. Now I'm just worried that the trim will come with precut holes for the clock. The dealer isn't sure
if the wood trim would come with a precut hole. If it does, I have to get the clock separately at $400! brining the price up to 1,100. (Which I still might be willing to do)

Another factor is that I have the ambient lighting package. They couldn't tell me if the ambient lights come attached to the trim, or if they are separate.

Their head mechanic is on vacation till december 1st. As soon as he gets back I'll update everyone on the situation.

On the bright side, I have heard of trim replacements being done for other Mercedes. I'm just unsure about this one.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Strange dealer, how can they not see this?, its all a matter of Reading SA codes next to the part numbers in EPC.
The centre panels are different with or without ambient illumination.

I am also pretty sure that you cannot select the different wood trims without the analog clock.
Dont have acces to EPC right now so I cannot verify
Old 11-23-2014, 12:29 PM

2010 c300
Thank you for the reply Vic. If you can verify any other time, I would greatly appreciate it
Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Prior-C400 Current-Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by Mitch619
Thanks for the replies!

I talked with my dealer, and even they don't know the answer to the question.

They were able to quote me $700 for the wood trim and installation. Which isn't too bad lol. I was picturing something in the $1500 range.

They were able to verify that the clock and the trim are separate items. I really don't care about the clock. I could do without it. Now I'm just worried that the trim will come with precut holes for the clock. The dealer isn't sure
if the wood trim would come with a precut hole. If it does, I have to get the clock separately at $400! brining the price up to 1,100. (Which I still might be willing to do)

Another factor is that I have the ambient lighting package. They couldn't tell me if the ambient lights come attached to the trim, or if they are separate.

Their head mechanic is on vacation till december 1st. As soon as he gets back I'll update everyone on the situation.

On the bright side, I have heard of trim replacements being done for other Mercedes. I'm just unsure about this one.
Any word on this modification?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
What I can read out from EPC there is no optional trim that comes without the analog clock, meaning you will need it to cover the hole in the panel.

The swap is fairly easy, I removed one of these panels the other day and it was a lot easier then I first imagined.

However the clock alone will set you back $500, and this is without any wiring, you will need to get the clock connector housing and crimp connectors and make your own wiring harness to provide power, ground and a proper CAN connection.

Then you will need to code the involved units to make it work.