C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by rchangek
is it possible to get the AMG badge and stick it next to C450 ?
Originally Posted by synaptik
you can buy the badge anywhere, but don't let the purists on this forum know or they'll ridicule you to no end. they take it -very- seriously
Ridicule?

Burn.

Key.

Destroy.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
The C450 will already be 'badged' interior and exterior as a true //AMG as shown in pics. It has nothing too do with engines being hand made by one individual, or other normally associated AMG "benefits". MB has made this choice (as most) in the interest to make money and sell cars.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
you can buy the badge anywhere, but don't let the purists on this forum know or they'll ridicule you to no end. they take it -very- seriously
Damn right we take it seriously, why would I (or anyone) that spends $130k-$300k for a real AMG be excited about this crap box, bargin basement wannabe version. It is not even a real AMG, the engine is not built by AMG and AMG even says it is not a real AMG and people who buy one will not be allowed to go on the AMG Private Lounge normwill you get complimentary addmission to the AMG Driving Academy or AMG customer functions such as PL Days around the world.

The C450 "amg sport" is a joke, Mercedes is ruining the AMG brand.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by jrcart
Damn right we take it seriously, why would I (or anyone) that spends $130k-$300k for a real AMG be excited about this crap box, bargin basement wannabe version. It is not even a real AMG, the engine is not built by AMG and AMG even says it is not a real AMG and people who buy one will not be allowed to go on the AMG Private Lounge normwill you get complimentary addmission to the AMG Driving Academy or AMG customer functions such as PL Days around the world.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 BMW X5

take a deep breath bro

you can get a cla45 for 50k. a real hand built AMG right? c400 pricing.

so mad.

edit: i bolded parts of your post to show how hilarious this is. such snobs.

Last edited by synaptik; 01-26-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 AM

take a deep breath bro

so mad.

What makes a car AMG is it's engine. If the cars engine is hand built by a AMG master mechanic then it's a AMG. Therefore the CLA 45 is a AMG, while the C400, and the C450 clearly aren't.

Wanna know whats hilarious and sad? When someone pretends their car is a AMG when it clearly isn't because it's a C400, or CLA 250 etc etc. Honestly normal Benzs are amazing cars, and you should be proud of owning one instead of pretending your cars something that it isn't.

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-26-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by kuba.95
Wanna know whats hilarious and sad? When someone pretends their car is a AMG when it clearly isn't because it's a C400, or CLA 250 etc etc. Honestly normal Benzs are amazing cars, and you should be proud of owning one instead of pretending your cars something that it isn't.
Exactly.

Yes, being a "snob" is bad.

Pretending or wanting to look like a snob is worse. Let me guess, he thinks wearing a fake watch is cool too?

Why would you add an ///AMG trunk logo, other than to try & make people think it's a real AMG? If you say "because it looks good", why not slap Black Series on it too?

Soon, they will be offering debadging from the factory as an option in the USA. Will we then see the bare bones models start debadging too? Nope! They'll still be fake badging them up hoping no one looks at the exhaust pipes, brakes or styling.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

take a deep breath bro

so mad.

I have no problems with a CLA45, the engine was developed by AMG and it has the most powerful 4 cylinder engine ever offered in a production car in it. FYI a CLA 45 will blow the doors of a C450.

It has nothing to do with being a snob, it has everything to do with the brand and what AMG stands for. Mercedes is simply whoring out the AMG name to make money off D Bags like you by selling a C400 and calling it a C450 "AMG Sport".

You will realize it's not a real AMG the first time you pull up at a stop light next to a real AMG(including the CLA45) and get your doors blown off. AMG is more than just three letters and more than a badge.

Last edited by jrcart; 01-26-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
What makes a car AMG is it's engine. If the cars engine is hand built by a AMG master mechanic then it's a AMG. Therefore the CLA 45 is a AMG, while the C400, and the C450 clearly aren't.

More hilarious and sad is someone calling their 4 banger an AMG. Dude, you didn't get your C63S yet, get off your high horse, or do we have to bring up the other legendary thread of yours? Don't be the Chihuahua to jrcart's Bull Mastiff and try and hang with him because he has the real deal and then some.

CLA45 is a proper AMG in a sense, but I don't consider it as the rest of the range.

I agree with jrcart and other AMG guys here, this car is not an AMG. An AMG has two numbers after their lettering, this forever will have three. It is an exercise to bridge the gap for someone who wants something a little more interesting than a C400. To have it on your floormats or on your rim is one thing, but styling accessories does not an AMG make. I like the tweaks, but not crazy about the name either...but it will be a heck of a car.

My wife's previous R350 Bluetec had AMG stamps on the 20" wheels for pete's sake.

Last edited by coladin; 01-26-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by coladin
More hilarious and sad is someone calling their 4 banger an AMG. Dude, you didn't get your C63S yet, get off your high horse, or do we have to bring up the other legendary thread of yours? Don't be the Chihuahua to jrcart's Bull Mastiff and try and hang with him because he has the real deal and then some.

CLA45 is a proper AMG in a sense, but I don't consider it as the rest of the range.

I agree with jrcart and other AMG guys here, this car is not an AMG. An AMG has two numbers after their lettering, this forever will have three. It is an exercise to bridge the gap for someone who wants something a little more interesting than a C400. To have it on your floormats or on your rim is one thing, but styling accessories does not an AMG make. I like the tweaks, but not crazy about the name either...but it will be a heck of a car.

My wife's previous R350 Bluetec had AMG stamps on the 20" wheels for pete's sake.
The hilarious thing is that their 4 banger is an actual AMG. You know the engines hand crafted by a master mechanic at AMG, and it's called the "CLA 45 AMG" for a reason lol. Added on the engine is quite amazing and has accomplished quite a bit considering that it's only a 4 banger Also the only reason I posted on here is because I've always been against posers etc lol. Other then all of that I agree with you. The C450 will be one amazing car, but it'll never be an AMG.

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-26-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
The hilarious thing is that their 4 banger is an actual AMG. You know the engines hand crafted by a master mechanic at AMG, and it's called the "CLA 45 AMG" for a reason lol. Added on the engine is quite amazing and has accomplished quite a bit considering that it's only a 4 banger Also the only reason I posted on here is because I've always been against posers etc lol. Other then all of that I agree with you. The C450 will be one amazing car, but it'll never be an AMG.

Yeah, yeah I know 4 banger AMG, with budget grade materials inside. It is a great car, for sure, but you come in here knocking other people when you have what is an AMG that is hardly in the same league as the rest of the AMG group, with all due respect.

There is no need for that to get your point across that posers are lame. I am on board with you.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by coladin
Yeah, yeah I know 4 banger AMG, with budget grade materials inside. It is a great car, for sure, but you come in here knocking other people when you have what is an AMG that is hardly in the same league as the rest of the AMG group, with all due respect.

There is no need for that to get your point across that posers are lame. I am on board with you.
I only knock on posers, and fart can civics otherwise I respect every vehicle out there including the C300 C400 C450 (don't like what MB did with the C450's name though) etc which is why I stated "Honestly normal Benzs are amazing cars" in one of my other posts on here.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

take a deep breath bro

so mad.

Enjoy your posermobile pal.......................
Old 01-26-2015, 06:12 PM

2010 BMW X5
Damn right we take it seriously, why would I (or anyone) that spends $130k-$300k for a real AMG be excited about this crap box, bargin basement wannabe version.

I have no problems with a CLA45, the engine was developed by AMG and it has the most powerful 4 cylinder engine ever offered in a production car in it. FYI a CLA 45 will blow the doors of a C450.

It has nothing to do with being a snob, it has everything to do with the brand and what AMG stands for. Mercedes is simply whoring out the AMG name to make money off D Bags like you by selling a C400 and calling it a C450 "AMG Sport".
first you said its not a real AMG until you spend 130k to 300k with it. then you dont have a problem with a 50k cla45 because its designed by AMG. private lounges, fast launch times, etc dont tell me what AMG stands for because the definition changes whenever its convenient for the company and for snobs like you. christ, even between amg fanboys there's arguments about the cla45.

seriously if you wanted a purer brand with the performance and exclusitivity to match, you shoulda gone with a ferrari. at the end of the day you share a mercedes badge with much cheaper and slower cars so don't act like you're a cut above. no one besides you gives a damn that you drive a "real" amg.

its like those ricers that step into a gtr and then pretend the rest of nissan isnt good enough for them.

Enjoy your posermobile pal.......................
please, i dont even have a mercedes. i dont care about the amg badge, who put it on which car or the lack of it on a c450. my whole post was to ridicule elitist fanboys and you've certainly risen up to the call.

Last edited by synaptik; 01-26-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM

G37x Coupe
first you said its not a real AMG until you spend 130k to 300k with it. then you dont have a problem with a 50k cla45 because its designed by AMG. private lounges, fast launch times, etc dont tell me what AMG stands for because the definition changes whenever its convenient for the company and for snobs like you. christ, even between amg fanboys there's arguments about the cla45.

seriously if you wanted a purer brand with the performance and exclusitivity to match, you shoulda gone with a ferrari. at the end of the day you share a mercedes badge with much cheaper and slower cars so don't act like you're a cut above. no one besides you gives a damn that you drive a "real" amg.

its like those ricers that step into a gtr and then pretend the rest of nissan isnt good enough for them.

please, i dont even have a mercedes. i dont care about the amg badge, who put it on which car or the lack of it on a c450. my whole post was to ridicule elitist fanboys and you've certainly risen up to the call.
I +1 this post to infinity. Reading all the elitist tripe from these people puts me off even wanting to come on this forum.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by Ron J
I +1 this post to infinity. Reading all the elitist tripe from these people puts me off even wanting to come on this forum.
+1
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 PM

Ford Focus
To be fair to Mercedes, all they're doing is copying BMW's marketing strategy. BMW have "borrowed" the M moniker to create the M135i, M235i etc. MB is doing likewise with AMG. I don't think anyone is suggesting the c450 AMG sport is a true AMG car, more like AMG-lite.
Btw, the c450 looks to be a stunning car.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by Ron J
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
+1
Or leave it. How pathetic...a two fisted lecture from a punk kid getting his C63 from daddy and a blowhard fanboy reminding me that I'll be blown away by all the "real" AMG's I'm paired with at traffic lights. Damn, I was hoping I'd win all those street races! Idiot.

Don't know what started this, certainly no one on the w205 forum nor anyone in this thread claimed the C450 to be a proper AMG car. Nor was anyone from here posting about the C450 in the AMG forums. It's a compromise car to attract more customers to the brand and for what it is, it'll probably be very competent. I don't think anyone here believes or has stated otherwise.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
To be fair to Mercedes, all they're doing is copying BMW's marketing strategy. BMW have "borrowed" the M moniker to create the M135i, M235i etc. MB is doing likewise with AMG. I don't think anyone is suggesting the c450 AMG sport is a true AMG car, more like AMG-lite.
Btw, the c450 looks to be a stunning car.
Well you can't be surprised that us AMG owners and fans dislike the marketing strategy just like M owners hate BMW's marketing strategy when it comes to the M sport stuff. Only thing that really caused a argument here is the fact that someone wanted to put AMG badging on their car even thought the C450 isn't a AMG, plus synaptiks trollish and you could even say immature replies didn't help. Also yes the C450 looks stunning just like every other C class out there, and it'll be one amazing car to drive. Honestly can't wait to test drive one whenever it arrives in Canada.

So basically what you're saying is that you came here to be a troll? That's not surprising really considering most of your responses on this thread.

Originally Posted by Mark's M
Or leave it. How pathetic...a two fisted lecture from a punk kid getting his C63 from daddy and a blowhard fanboy reminding me that I'll be blown away by all the "real" AMG's I'm paired with at traffic lights. Damn, I was hoping I'd win all those street races! Idiot.

Don't know what started this, certainly no one on the w205 forum nor anyone in this thread claimed the C450 to be a proper AMG car. Nor was anyone from here posting about the C450 in the AMG forums. It's a compromise car to attract more customers to the brand and for what it is, it'll probably be very competent. I don't think anyone here believes or has stated otherwise.
Too bad that I'll be paying for the C63S with my own money, but whatever floats your boat.
Also these posts started all of this

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-26-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:17 PM

Ford Focus
I have a theory kuba that car manufacturers are trying to blur the lines, or even befuddle, the average car buying joe with all thie naming standards. The Bmw 328i is not a 2.8 as it used to be, but a 2.0 which has upset the purists. The BMW MSPORT is just a Trim level like Luxury or S.E. Then you have the M235i which is different to a non M 235i but it's not a proper M2. Confusing, eh?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:26 PM

I have a theory kuba that car manufacturers are trying to blur the lines, or even befuddle, the average car buying joe with all thie naming standards. The Bmw 328i is not a 2.8 as it used to be, but a 2.0 which has upset the purists. The BMW MSPORT is just a Trim level like Luxury or S.E. Then you have the M235i which is different to a non M 235i but it's not a proper M2. Confusing, eh?
That's a good theory and i believe that it's correct. The fact that some brands call some of their products M sport or AMG sport increases sales since the average joe will think that it's a better car even though it's practically the same thing as a normal BMW or Mercedes. They'll even possibly think that it's better then an actual AMG, or M since the cars name has "Sport" at the end. So for better sales they've decided to alienate brands with rich histories and their performance brand customers.

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-26-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
I don't believe in fake badging!

Also these posts started all of this
Well I was only replying to some of the earlier discussion. Some people were really worried about the AMG badge at the rear. I did not anticipate a big fight.

I don't believe in such fake badging either.

It is like buying an HP laptop and putting the Apple logo sticker on the back of it. Seriously, I have seen some idiots do it. Whatever makes them happy!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 PM

Ford Focus
I totally understand the alienation thing but I guess they're just interested in volume sales. The thing is though, to the average car punter the new "Mercedes C450 AMG Sport" does have more of a ring to it than the new "Mercedes C450".

I did read somewhere that the reason Mercedes are so keen to push the AMG tag is to cash in on their Motorsport and performance branding with the total domination of Mercedes in F1 now.

The c450 is meant to be the start of a whole new line of cars that will carry this "AMG Sport" moniker so I think it's here to stay.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:42 PM

Well I was only replying to some of the earlier discussion. Some people were really worried about the AMG badge at the rear. I did not anticipate a big fight.

I don't believe in such fake badging either.

It is like buying an HP laptop and putting the Apple logo sticker on the back of it. Seriously, I have seen some idiots do it. Whatever makes them happy!
It was mostly synaptiks trolling etc which caused the fighting. If it was just your post then there probably would have been a debate without any fighting.

I totally understand the alienation thing but I guess they're just interested in volume sales. The thing is though, to the average car punter the new "Mercedes C450 AMG Sport" does have more of a ring to it than the new "Mercedes C450".

I did read somewhere that the reason Mercedes are so keen to push the AMG tag is to cash in on their Motorsport and performance branding with the total domination of Mercedes in F1 now.

The c450 is meant to be the start of a whole new line of cars that will carry this "AMG Sport" moniker so I think it's here to stay.
Yup every company will always be more interested in volume sales and profits rather then their fanbase etc. If I was a average Joe then I probably would have chosen a "C450 AMG Sport" over a "C450" just because the name would have sounded cooler and sportier lol, and I wouldn't have known anything about what AMG's are etc. (Most people actually don't know what a AMG is). Although owning a AMG was always my dream, and I always respected the brands history so MB degrading the AMG name stings a bit.

Ya that'd make sense since even the average joe probably heard about Mercedes pure domination in F1 from his friends.

I agree the C450 is here to stay, same as the Audi S Sport line, and the BMW Sport line. Although I'm glad that they changed the AMG badging and the AMG name slightly to create more differentiation. (AMG is called Mercedes-AMG now instead of Mercedes-Benz AMG, and the AMG badge is now on the left side instead of the right side.)

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-26-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:25 PM

Ford Focus
I suppose the way to look at it is anyone who really appreciates and admires an AMG for what it is would likely be clued up enough to know the difference between that and a c series.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?