C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Multimedia Package can it be installed after you purchase your vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c400
Multimedia Package can it be installed after you purchase your vehicle

I bought my without this package can I get it installed aftermarket and what does come in it is it even worth it.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Not being funny but why would you want to spend more money on a retro fit when you don't even know what it does? I suggest doing some research. There are companies that do the retrofit but I expect it will be very expensive, much more than having it fitted at the factory.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
It would most likely be cheaper to trade your car in and get another one with the Multimedia package. I can tell you that there is far less difference between audio 20 and MM than there used to be, but there are still some benefits to having MM like the larger screen and HDD. I wouldn't spec an MB without MM but that's just me.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Simple answer is that ANYTHING is possible, if you are prepared to throw enough money at it.

Usually, anything you want to fit as a retrofit cost 2-3 times as much as if you had specced it in the build (for parts alone), so fully expect to pay an awful lot of money - you will never see your money back. If you decide that this is something you cannot live without - trade up the car.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:28 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
This is something we see in BMW land all-the-freaking-time.

Person buys a car off the lot with little understanding of the options and then wants to go back and retrofit whatever options they all of a sudden decide are must haves such as better lighting options, navigation, etc.

It simply boggles my mind.

At least on the BMW side of the house the people who are doing this are almost always teenagers or young 20 somethings that apparently need instant gratification and defend their choice of buying a car off the lot rather than waiting a few weeks for the dealer to locate another one or *gasp* wait a couple of months to have one ordered.

To the OP... what everyone else told you is correct. If you are willing to spend 2-3X the cost of the option you can probably add it to your car. A better option would be to contact the dealer tell them how sad you are you didn't get the car with the option you wanted and see what they are willing to do for you in the way of a trade.

Either way you are going to take it in the shorts.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:12 AM

c400
Love all the feedback from you guys. Last thing I cannot take car back and get multimedia package installed through them? It has to be ordered in the car or the car has to come equipped already? I bought the car cuz it was a great deal but is it a huge diff brim standard I don't mind no rear camera and I already have navigation on mine.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by mounis
Love all the feedback from you guys. Last thing I cannot take car back and get multimedia package installed through them? It has to be ordered in the car or the car has to come equipped already? I bought the car cuz it was a great deal but is it a huge diff brim standard I don't mind no rear camera and I already have navigation on mine.
The dealer cannot retrofit the multimedia package, the car must be ordered with that package from the factory. Keep in mind that there are many differences in the multimedia package including a totally different screen in the car!

There are 3rd party companies that do these sorts of things, but as others have said it is very very expensive.

Also keep in mind that having someone tear your car apart to put the package in could have an impact on your warranty.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Anything can be done, with enough money.